* * * * - 18 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#10201 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 17 March 2020 - 02:09 AM

I also highly doubt the power will go out due to a virus. This isn't I Am Legend.

If Will Smith comes for my PS4, there will be fighting.

#10202 ritchardf  

Posted 17 March 2020 - 02:19 AM

I also highly doubt the power will go out due to a virus. This isn't I Am Legend.

are you sure this isn't the first 10 minutes of I Am Legend?

#10203 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   687 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2020 - 06:06 AM

Lot of things have happened in the last 5 days that I highly doubted would happen. 

#10204 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2604 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2020 - 06:13 PM

Lot of things have happened in the last 5 days that I highly doubted would happen. 

Everything is unprecedented until it happens.

#10205 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5908 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 17 March 2020 - 06:22 PM

glad to see I come here looking for game deals and find the same panic driving thinking I see everywhere else.

#10206 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3589 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 17 March 2020 - 08:45 PM

If we knew about any deals we'd be talking about them.

#10207 ritchardf  

Posted 17 March 2020 - 09:02 PM

glad to see I come here looking for game deals and find the same panic driving thinking I see everywhere else.

why would you come to the walmart clearance thread to find game deals? its all so ymmv and mostly underwhelming even if you do find it. this is the place for ice cream deals.

#10208 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3200 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:48 PM

why would you come to the walmart clearance thread to find game deals? its all so ymmv and mostly underwhelming even if you do find it. this is the place for ice cream deals.

Pretty sure the goal was to come here and complain no matter what was being discussed.

#10209 knothead65  

Posted 19 March 2020 - 01:41 AM

ETb0Ph1WsAAGreq.jpg

#10210 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3589 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 19 March 2020 - 05:51 AM

The past few days my Walmart was mostly normal, except for the toilet paper and sanitizer/cleaner. Today there were next to no groceries left at all. I specifically noted that the bread shelves were still full, and today totally empty.

#10211 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3200 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:39 PM

NOT A DEAL, skip if not interested in what's happening in my neck of the woods (North East Alabama)

I bought groceries last week after itemizing what food we had and planned 3 weeks worth of meals.  So I'm set.  But no doubt I'll be looking to replenish my supplies by the end of next week so I know if I need to start rationing the food.  I have a family of 5 and my youngest is 15.  When I was there last Saturday it was slim pickings on a lot of items.  Pastas, rice, canned meats, a lot of canned vegetables, soups, it was pretty "end of days" feeling.  I took a few pics just for the memories.  Since I had planned meals and wasn't just buying random items, it made things easier.  I only had to substitute a few brands and give up finding a few items.

Yesterday I bought a Switch Lite and a case for it (not on sale) at walmart because my kids are stuck at home and they all seem to want to play Animal Crossing.  So, they get to use my regular switch (for multiplayer) and I now have the portable for around the house and work.  Walmart moved all the systems into the cages and put signs up in the normal cases where they systems are.  Supplies weren't sold out but I think I got the last gray switch lite.  Also managed to find two packs of disposable gloves which I'll use when I change my cars oil if I don't use them up during this event.  Right now I mainly just wash my hands often.  I meant to go see what the grocery side looked like but needed to get back to work.

For anyone hunting gloves, this isn't a deal, but I noticed people overlooked the paint section (where the rollers are) as well as automotives (where the fuel treatments tend to be).  The bigger pack (gray/black) from Automotives was around $2.50 and the smaller pack (orange) ones in the paint section that said they help keep your hands dry were $3.

#10212 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   548 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2020 - 03:11 PM

Walmart moved all the systems into the cages

Lol, I had a weird image in my mind when I read this. What cages are you talking about? Like the ones Sam's club has near customer service?

#10213 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3200 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2020 - 04:12 PM

Lol, I had a weird image in my mind when I read this. What cages are you talking about? Like the ones Sam's club has near customer service?

All the remodeled stores I have been in have an island type area in electronics with metal cages / lock boxes behind the cash registers.   Those cages have the laptops, phones, and other expensive electronics locked up.  Usually the game consoles are on the same isle as the games for each system behind glass doors.  This isn't the case right now in my local store.  I haven't checked other stores.

#10214 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1716 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 19 March 2020 - 06:22 PM

All the remodeled stores I have been in have an island type area in electronics with metal cages / lock boxes behind the cash registers.   Those cages have the laptops, phones, and other expensive electronics locked up.  Usually the game consoles are on the same isle as the games for each system behind glass doors.  This isn't the case right now in my local store.  I haven't checked other stores.

Does your phone autocorrect aisle to isle? That amused me

#10215 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4266 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:41 PM

edit - wrong thread...oops

#10216 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   291 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 21 March 2020 - 04:52 PM

Well seeing as I need more supplies I stopped at a Walmart and they were starting to clearance a bunch of titles for all systems. I picked up Binding of Isaac on Switch, it said $20 but it rung up at $9.88.

I checked and Cave Story (Switch) was $10, Monster Hunter Stories (3DS) was $10, Kirby Planet Robobot was $23 (I see this one being rare and expensive down the line). It looked like a lot of of games were on clearance.

#10217 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3589 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 21 March 2020 - 06:27 PM

Nice prices, but honestly I'm going into financial lockdown mode. My job could be on the chopping block at any time (or I could be out of work by getting sick), so I'm not buying anything unnecessary. I'm sure most of us have backlogs to last for several years so I'm not in need of anything new.

#10218 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 21 March 2020 - 06:34 PM

Nice prices, but honestly I'm going into financial lockdown mode. My job could be on the chopping block at any time (or I could be out of work by getting sick), so I'm not buying anything unnecessary. I'm sure most of us have backlogs to last for several years so I'm not in need of anything new.

neon.gif

#10219 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7802 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2020 - 07:02 PM

Any of us who aren't millionaires could post this.  And probably should post this.  

I got laid off in 2008 and couldn't find a full time job for 9 months.  Once the real estate market took a hit, so did everything else.  So I don't envy the people who work in the industries that have been the most affected by all of this (retailers, restaurant workers, etc).  But no one should assume that they're immune to the virus or to the possibility that their workplace might close either permanently or temporarily.

On a related note, I just got a 2 TB external hard drive to download all of the large games that I either didn't have the space to play before all this happened or before my ISP removed the data caps.  That was a better use of discretionary funds than buying a bunch of new games.

#10220 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1716 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 21 March 2020 - 10:26 PM

Any of us who aren't millionaires could post this.  And probably should post this.  

I got laid off in 2008 and couldn't find a full time job for 9 months.  Once the real estate market took a hit, so did everything else.  So I don't envy the people who work in the industries that have been the most affected by all of this (retailers, restaurant workers, etc).  But no one should assume that they're immune to the virus or to the possibility that their workplace might close either permanently or temporarily.

On a related note, I just got a 2 TB external hard drive to download all of the large games that I either didn't have the space to play before all this happened or before my ISP removed the data caps.  That was a better use of discretionary funds than buying a bunch of new games.

I put a bunch of stuff on eBay to help my income but I don't think anyone will be buying at the moment. Time to tighten the belt

#10221 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2583 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2020 - 12:00 AM

I put a bunch of stuff on eBay to help my income but I don't think anyone will be buying at the moment.

If it's gaming related, try selling locally.  I've sold around 3k this last week.  In my area demand is crazy high and things like nsw consoles are sold out everywhere.

#10222 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 22 March 2020 - 12:02 AM

I put a bunch of stuff on eBay to help my income but I don't think anyone will be buying at the moment. Time to tighten the belt

I sold my PS4 Darth Vader Edition with 10 games for $280 on OfferUp last week.

#10223 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5908 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 22 March 2020 - 12:05 AM

Depends on what you are selling... LAst week I came into 7 Turbo Grafx 16 games and eBay has been very fruitful 

#10224 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4431 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2020 - 03:55 PM

Looks like Toilet Paper is on clearance because they are out.

#10225 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5908 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 22 March 2020 - 08:31 PM

If it's gaming related, try selling locally.  I've sold around 3k this last week.  In my area demand is crazy high and things like nsw consoles are sold out everywhere.

So you are the type selling consoles way over face value?

#10226 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14873 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:48 PM

So you are the type selling consoles way over face value?

Scalping toilet paper, masks, and other stuff too, most likely. Most of those people don't have a line to cross on what they'll buy stores out of to screw over other consumers.

#10227 ritchardf  

Posted 22 March 2020 - 10:07 PM

Scalping toilet paper, masks, and other stuff too, most likely. Most of those people don't have a line to cross on what they'll buy stores out of to screw over other consumers.

good news is during a state of emergency, this is illegal, so if you see it report it.

#10228 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2583 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2020 - 10:14 PM

I explicitly said I sold gaming related hardware locally.  I've completely unloaded everything current gen (excluding my million ps4 pro).

If I list my 2 year old 1st gen switch console locally at 350, and within hours have 15 people emailing me to pick it up, there's not a shred of dishonesty or shame in that.  

Regardless, so much for trying to drop a helpful suggestion in a thread I don't normally visit.  You wonderful people have fun.

#10229 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 23 March 2020 - 06:21 AM

https://brickseek.co.../?sku=788770439

The one store I mentioned back in December that had Fire Emblem Warriors for $10, dropped it to $4. Maybe you guys can get lucky and find a copy for just as cheap.

#10230 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   7066 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2020 - 02:53 PM

Not sure if its something people would want to support as Nicalis continues to screw over the developer, but Cave story for Switch seems to have dropped to $9.93 everywhere

https://brickseek.co...r/?sku=55727399