Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately with Walmart there are no nationwide clearance prices, it's up to individual store managers.
exactly Walmart is the most extreme ymmv retailer ever clearance wise which is why you have better chance of getting hit by a car then duplicating a Walmart clearance find someplace else.
My Walmart still have ps2 sport games full price

Unfortunately with Walmart there are no nationwide clearance prices, it's up to individual store managers.
True, but prices will drop to the same price for each store (based on a percentage). So the prices in this thread will be accurate for most stores or will be heading towards this price if a store is clearancing that item.

Doesn't hurt either to check if your local Walmart has it for those prices or is approaching those prices.

One of our local stores has the Disney Infinity 2.0 starter packs on clearance for anywhere from $18 to $20 depending on the system. If you started with Disney Infinity 3.0 it's cheaper to buy the clearance starter set than it is to buy the figures individually. One of our other stores had the game only as a rollback deal so it was $39.99 still, though. Still may be worth a look if you're like me and you've wanted to check the game out but aren't looking to sink a whole lot of money into it.

No nexus players, but there are PSTV bundles 1 or less at every store near me. Is that bundle worth it if I haven't had a Sony console/handheld since PS2? I still have my ps2 though... Are there hacks for PSTV like there are for the Wii?

The store I work at just puts red clearance tags on things that wont be coming back but leave the price the same. They think people are stupid. 

A Walmart clearance thread?  Really?  I thought everyone knew Walmart clearance was complete shit?  I've seen 80GB IDA hard dries on "clearance" there for like $12 off the original retail of like $100.

True, but prices will drop to the same price for each store (based on a percentage). So the prices in this thread will be accurate for most stores or will be heading towards this price if a store is clearancing that item.

Doesn't hurt either to check if your local Walmart has it for those prices or is approaching those prices.
My store had both Halo controller clearances to $37; Dead Rising 3 for $9; Disney Kids Dance 2 for $9; and many more that aren't clearances anywhere around me.

A Walmart clearance thread? Really? I thought everyone knew Walmart clearance was complete shit? I've seen 80GB IDA hard dries on "clearance" there for like $12 off the original retail of like $100.
My Walmart has had things on clearance for 1-2 cents below the previous price :whee:

A Walmart clearance thread? Really? I thought everyone knew Walmart clearance was complete shit? I've seen 80GB IDA hard dries on "clearance" there for like $12 off the original retail of like $100.
What are IDA hard dries? Similar to IDE hard drives?

There is a process to check a local store's inventory from the web without wasting too much time, so what's the harm?

What are IDA hard dries? Similar to IDE hard drives?

There is a process to check a local store's inventory from the web without wasting too much time, so what's the harm?
Walmart clearance prices are not system wide like other companies so prices varies majority of the time something on clearance at one store and regular price at every other store and yes there a way to check inventory but not verify price

Walmart clearance prices are not system wide like other companies so prices varies majority of the time something on clearance at one store and regular price at every other store and yes there a way to check inventory but not verify price
So you can't check the price on BrickSeeker? That price isn't reliable?

Try not to confuse rollbacks (red tags) with clearances (yellow tags). Most of the time stores will not update the price of any clearance items on any tags. This is where Brickseek comes in as their prices (at least for Walmart) have always been accurate for me.

Stock is a different story since Walmart does a less than stellar job of keeping track of much older inventory levels.

That doesn't mean deals can't be had. Like the Target clearance, not all stores will have the same price but stores will follow the same price drops (if on clearance). YMMV as with all clearance deals.

Walmart doesn't print Item IDs on receipts, do they?

There apparently are some items that they don't sell online at all but do sell in the stores. Like Divinity Original Sin PC as a couple of people found on clearance at their Walmarts.

I myself found it for sale at a Walmart I went to but unfortunately at full price. Still, they definitely do sell it and it's not on the web site at all.

My Wal-Mart has had great clearance lately. Everything with a red tag but definitely clearance. Ultron, Mulan, Han, Chewie, Obi-Wan for 6 dollars. Tons of games for ten dollars each (Kingdom Hearts 1.5, Star Wars Battlefront Deluxe with Exclusive Galaxy Conexxions : Unfortunately they only had this one for xbox one, not PS4) Whatever that after glow xbox one controller is for 20 bucks.

Funny you say there are great clearance deals at Wal-Mart. I went there a few days ago, and they had a PC game from 2007 (UFO Afterlight) on clearance for $30. It's currently $7 on Steam, and not on-sale.

Why do they do this?
What I heard was each store had a set allotment of discounts in dollars it could make in a year. So typically this went to mostly seasonal and perishable seasonal. So anything else would mostly get a couple bucks at most off. Generally they just throw old video games in a "value bin" at full price and hope somebody's an idiot to try and clear old inventory they don't have enough allotted money to discount it.

Funny you say there are great clearance deals at Wal-Mart. I went there a few days ago, and they had a PC game from 2007 (UFO Afterlight) on clearance for $30. It's currently $7 on Steam, and not on-sale.
its the box that count. Ya'all are too young to appreciate a relic like a PC game box. I feel saddened for such lost, mis-spent youth ya'all have :whistle2:

Damn, nothing I want in stock near me.  Might swing by and see if there's something at my store that's not on the list.

LOL I remember seeing a FB post where somebody spotted a Sony Mavica on a WM shelf, for a whopping $2 off.

Not everything will be great either. My Walmart still has GTA Trilogy on "clearance" for $25. But I also found some Xbox One controllers for $33 at other stores.

Brickseek is a great tool for checking stock and prices. It hasn't been wrong for me yet either.

Also be sure to check the price of clearance items on Brickseek or the in store price checkers. Most of the time they do not adjust tags for clearance items and they could be cheaper than they are marked. Just bought a router for $80 that was on clearance tags for $240.

Not everything will be great either. My Walmart still has GTA Trilogy on "clearance" for $25. But I also found some Xbox One controllers for $33 at other stores.

Brickseek is a great tool for checking stock and prices. It hasn't been wrong for me yet either.

Also be sure to check the price of clearance items on Brickseek or the in store price checkers. Most of the time they do not adjust tags for clearance items and they could be cheaper than they are marked. Just bought a router for $80 that was on clearance tags for $240.
Indeed. My store was just loaded with crap. Maybe the "best" thing on the shelf of stuff was Warlords of Draenor, and I didn't see any clearance hardware. Brickseek actually shows the 55" LG mentioned in the OP for $589, I think. Were it that bottom-end $515, I'd consider it, since I have been dying to get another TV. $600 for a 55" 4K TV is definitely intriguing, but I'd much prefer the sub-$500 Samsung (which isn't available near me at all).

LOL I remember seeing a FB post where somebody spotted a Sony Mavica on a WM shelf, for a whopping $2 off.
I posted here months back, IDK where, but this same Wal-Mart had some mic-including GameCube game for, like, $50. The box was totally trashed, and when I picked it up to marvel at the existence of a GameCube game on a shelf in 2015, the whole thing just failed. I had to stuff the mic back in terribly to put the thing back. It was ignorant as hell.

its the box that count. Ya'all are too young to appreciate a relic like a PC game box. I feel saddened for such lost, mis-spent youth ya'all have :whistle2:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UFO-AFTER-LIGHT-AFTERLIGHT-PC-GAME-MINT-CONDITION-COMPLETE-/350860665794?hash=item51b0ece3c2:g:k7sAAMXQlbVSFuo6

damn, the gold headset at 38 would be awesome, i could replace the one i have because i lost the dongle and sony refuses to help me out.  same old mishmash of "theyre individually paired and cant be substituted etc" 

bread's done
Back