* * * - - 7 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I

#3241 omegapokegod  

omegapokegod

Posted Yesterday, 07:12 AM

Wal mart is no longer price matching. i saw it on one of their registers when i was checking out.

Wrong. Walmart isn't price matching anyone but their website unless they updated their policy again in the past 2 weeks

#3242 sevast   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   319 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:35 AM

Wrong. Walmart isn't price matching anyone but their website unless they updated their policy again in the past 2 weeks

Not all of the stores will price match the site. The official policy on the site says not in Alaska, Hawaii, etc. But with all the price match changes, some of the stores say they don't match the site anymore either. Whether official, unofficial, or manager jerks I don't know. But don't think that just because your store does something that Walmart in general is what you say it is.

#3243 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4082 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 12:27 PM

So price matching is gone completely? The signs at the Walmart over here just say they are not doing Savings Catcher anymore. Savings Catcher is when you scan a receipt, they check other local prices for a cheaper price, then give you credit for the price difference if the item is cheaper elsewhere.

Target will match their website/app. Sad to see Walmart won't. I was even able to get a bigger discount for a kitchen appliance because the manager took ofd the discount % off the already discounted price.

Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP (FIXED)

#3244 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted Yesterday, 01:17 PM

So price matching is gone completely? The signs at the Walmart over here just say they are not doing Savings Catcher anymore. Savings Catcher is when you scan a receipt, they check other local prices for a cheaper price, then give you credit for the price difference if the item is cheaper elsewhere.

Target will match their website/app. Sad to see Walmart won't. I was even able to get a bigger discount for a kitchen appliance because the manager took ofd the discount % off the already discounted price.

I'm not sure if the plan is to eliminate price matching at ALL Walmarts but they are doing some little by little.  The ones around me are done price matching all together which doesn't surprise me.  I'm sure this system has been abused to a point and I'm sure Walmart feels like they are the cheapest around anyways so they won't lose too much business if any at all.

#3245 alkmie   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:02 PM

I know this won't help if your store won't price match. But I'll just share that I price matched gta5 for ps4 for 30 from best buy at my local Walmart probably just got luck tho. This was last week 9/10/17 I think

#3246 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4467 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:27 PM

Weird, my understanding was that they were doing away with pricematching in order to solely rely on Savings Catcher, which of course doesn't match advertised prices in certain departments like electronics.  Seems like pming the site went away a while ago and they were signs up at all my local stores that pming other stores ended about a month ago.

#3247 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8514 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:27 PM

Not sure if anyone cares, but the 3DS version of Duck Dynasty was being clearanced out at my local Walmart for $3.

#3248 Giant_Gamer  

Giant_Gamer

Posted Yesterday, 09:02 PM

I had a problem two weeks ago, where they had an old-ish X360 game, it was not in their system, they looked it up on the website, it was on clearance, then told me they could sell it to me for the non clearance price of $30. then when I declined a 2nd guy came over and said they could not sell it at all. I walked over to the clearance section and pulled two more of the titles out, to show it WAS IN the clearance section, and not a single misplaced game there. The 2nd Guy scanned the other two (like there would be a miracle that the other games might have a different bar code) and said they could not sell it, and that the games should be thrown away! That's when I asked for a manager...

The Manager arrived and looked up the price online and said that they could match the online price of $30.  :bomb:   I started to get upset, but attempted to keep my cool, I asked why they could not offer me the clearance price, listed on the site? 10 whole minutes pass as the manager (probably just a manager from another apartment) radioed various questions. As this was going on I found the last game in the clearance section, pointed out that the game should be ON clearance, and it is from the clearance section, and requested to buy it for the last clearance price... and that's when I spotted it! This final copy actually had a clearance label on the back of the box! $11 (not as much as I was hoping, but better then $30)

So I slightly over paid (for what I thought it was worth) for the dumb game just to save it from the dumpster. Fantasia: Music Evolved

EDIT: Brickseek says:

Dragon Quest Builders PS4 $5 one left

Walmart

5929 Georgia Ave Nw
Washington DC 20011

Some one grab it!

nz204pn.gifCheck out my Kickstarter, Game Blocks: https://www.kickstar...?ref=nav_search

#3249 srac84  

Posted Today, 12:45 AM

Spoiler

eagle flight vr is clearanced a target for 19.99

#3250 hobomatt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   238 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:10 PM

stumbled upon a lone Armed Forces XB1 controller this morning for $15, figured they would be long gone by now

#3251 derrtaysouth95   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1432 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

derrtaysouth95

Posted Today, 03:18 PM

stumbled upon a lone Armed Forces XB1 controller this morning for $15, figured they would be long gone by now

Good find. Wish I would've kept one of the two I had.

#3252 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1310 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:40 PM

I had a problem two weeks ago, where they had an old-ish X360 game, it was not in their system, they looked it up on the website, it was on clearance, then told me they could sell it to me for the non clearance price of $30. then when I declined a 2nd guy came over and said they could not sell it at all. I walked over to the clearance section and pulled two more of the titles out, to show it WAS IN the clearance section, and not a single misplaced game there. The 2nd Guy scanned the other two (like there would be a miracle that the other games might have a different bar code) and said they could not sell it, and that the games should be thrown away! That's when I asked for a manager...

The Manager arrived and looked up the price online and said that they could match the online price of $30.  :bomb:   I started to get upset, but attempted to keep my cool, I asked why they could not offer me the clearance price, listed on the site? 10 whole minutes pass as the manager (probably just a manager from another apartment) radioed various questions. As this was going on I found the last game in the clearance section, pointed out that the game should be ON clearance, and it is from the clearance section, and requested to buy it for the last clearance price... and that's when I spotted it! This final copy actually had a clearance label on the back of the box! $11 (not as much as I was hoping, but better then $30)

So I slightly over paid (for what I thought it was worth) for the dumb game just to save it from the dumpster. Fantasia: Music Evolved

EDIT: Brickseek says:

Dragon Quest Builders PS4 $5 one left

Walmart

5929 Georgia Ave Nw
Washington DC 20011

Some one grab it!

It's like I said, man, Wal-Mart is chock full 'o dicks.

#3253 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13287 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 07:19 PM

I just get their name and ID and report them if they ever give me shit. Literally anyone can work a brainless job at Walmart, it's a terrible company and they have almost no job security. Not worth it for them to be assholes, especially when I can be an asshole right back and possibly get them fired.