* * * - - 8 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I

#3361 shiningslade   Master Of Pinball CAGiversary!   675 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

shiningslade

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:43 PM

So I was out of state for work and for some unknown reason I searched for Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden for 3DS. Low and behold it popped up at a store showing 4 OH on Brickseek. So I took my chances and drove to the store to find it. Scoured the shelves and no luck so I went to the employee working electronics and asked if he could check in the back for it. I showed him the game on Brickseek showing 4 OH so he put the sku into the handheld scanner and it did indeed show 4 OH so he went to the back and found them! Just goes to show don't give up on older titles, they may still have them! It was $7 btw...Happy CAG here!!
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=93861"
Last Updated on 11/11/06
http://www.cheapassg...005#post8226005
Guides For Trade/Sale Updated 3/3/11

#3362 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:29 PM

So I was out of state for work and for some unknown reason I searched for Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden for 3DS. Low and behold it popped up at a store showing 4 OH on Brickseek. So I took my chances and drove to the store to find it. Scoured the shelves and no luck so I went to the employee working electronics and asked if he could check in the back for it. I showed him the game on Brickseek showing 4 OH so he put the sku into the handheld scanner and it did indeed show 4 OH so he went to the back and found them! Just goes to show don't give up on older titles, they may still have them! It was $7 btw...Happy CAG here!!

You were quite fortunate...I drove almost two hours after work to a Walmart ~30 miles away (I HATE L.A. traffic...) because Brickseek claimed it magically found four copies of Shovel Knight for PS4 that weren't there just a week ago. Of course, they didn't have it on the shelves or in the clearance section, and the worker wasn't exactly super helpful (she declined to go to the back because "she was just back there and didn't see anything"). I kept my composure (even though I wanted to scream, "How could you know it's not there if (1) You weren't looking for this particular product and (2) You can't even remember the name of the game and system even though I told you at least three times?") and politely asked if I could speak to the department manager, just to double check everything. The manager was right next to her when I asked about it, heard everything, and then spent a grand total of 38 seconds (yes, I timed it because of how pissed off I was at that point) in the back "searching high and low" for them before returning and saying, "Yeah, that game's not back there anywhere." Showed them it was scanning via the Walmart app on my iPhone as "limited stock" for $7 in the Video Games department and the useless manager just says, "Huh...must be a glitch in the system. Happens a lot for newer games." I told him it had been out for some time but recently got an update online, but he just stared at my blankly like I was speaking Cantonese. Finally left empty handed and severely frustrated...guess I should have made an exception and called ahead first, even though I've been told that essentially CAG suicide...

#3363 inkcil   This Baby Bomber go Boo Boo CAGiversary!   898 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:55 PM

Naw man, never call ahead.  The frustration you feel has happened to most of us in this game, that's why cat's don't usually do 30-plus mile drives for Brickseek.  And if you do, it's like loaning money...never count money loaned out as "money in the bank." 

#3364 MsterPanDa  

MsterPanDa

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:10 PM

Don't drive 50 plus miles to another Walmart just for a few games. It's not worth it. Don't call as the employee probably doesn't even know what you are asking. One time I went to look for Vita games and asked for the employee to check in the back. Came back less than 1 minute and said "We don't have anymore PSPVita games." He didn't even know what the device was called. After I just went to look for some hot wheels cars. At least I can get something that's easier to find.   

#3365 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6859 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:33 PM

Oh boy.  My local store just clearanced a bunch of games from $19.93 to $19.00!!!  What a savings!!!

538822.png

#3366 Helldweller87   Shots Fired CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Helldweller87

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:38 PM

I am looking at picking up a extra xbox one controller or two of the walmart exclusive that is on clearance. Of course the stores that are close to me still show $45 but most of the ones further out show $30.  Is it possible if i go to one of the stores that has the $45 controller it may ring up $30?

"Why should I be content to lead one nation, when I can control the whole world, 'Mr. President?"  Yuri : RA2

776390.png

776391.png

#3367 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2075 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:22 PM

I am looking at picking up a extra xbox one controller or two of the walmart exclusive that is on clearance. Of course the stores that are close to me still show $45 but most of the ones further out show $30.  Is it possible if i go to one of the stores that has the $45 controller it may ring up $30?

No

Thirty Seven

#3368 shiningslade   Master Of Pinball CAGiversary!   675 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

shiningslade

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:48 PM

Well I was fortunate again last night, luck has been on my side lately! I just picked up the following...

:3ds: 

Xenoblade Chronicles $20

Terraria $10

:ps4:

DQ Builders Day One Edition $20

DQ Heroes II $20

Digimon Story  Cyber Sleuth $10

Vikings Wolves Of Midgard Special Edition $10

Paragon Essentials Edition $10

Rime $10

Sword Art Online Lost Song $10

The Crew Ultimate Edition $10

CN Battle Crashers $10

Styx Shards Of Darkness $10

Grand Ages Medieval Limited Special Edition $7

Prison Architect $9

:xb1:

Elite Dangerous Legendary Edition $20

Styx Shards Of Darkness $10

Yooka-Laylee $10

Fl4tout Total Insanity $10

CN Battle Crashers $10

Assassins Creed Chronicles $10

The Technomancer $10

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=93861"
Last Updated on 11/11/06
http://www.cheapassg...005#post8226005
Guides For Trade/Sale Updated 3/3/11

#3369 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4142 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:56 PM

You need to play the lottery. These deals and the TRU deals in the same night?

Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP (FIXED)

#3370 damonoxide   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   43 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

damonoxide

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:05 PM

Damn, Prison Architect and Rime are great deals. I continue to hate my shitty Walmart. Living in a rural area sucks. Closest Target, Best Buy, GameStop, TRU are all an hour away, next closest Walmart is about half an hour. :(

#3371 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4157 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:30 PM

So, what's going on with Wal-mart now a days?

I've been looking all over the state for a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles X

I found one at a Walmart two cities over and asked them to price match GameStop which had it as $19.97...

The worker lead me to the front of the game department to show me this sign

Hdv6O1W.png

So needless to say I was SOL.

#3372 The Incredulous Star-Lord  

The Incredulous Star-Lord

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:31 PM

Stopped by my local WM and found a few more $0.50 3DS games. 

- Angry Birds Star Wars

- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

It was the first wild discount I'd seen since probably August. Thought that store cleaned out all of its clearance, but they must've found a box in the back since there were plenty.

#3373 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   979 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:57 PM

So, what's going on with Wal-mart now a days?

I've been looking all over the state for a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles X
I found one at a Walmart two cities over and asked them to price match GameStop which had it as $19.97...

The worker lead me to the front of the game department to show me this sign
Hdv6O1W.png

So needless to say I was SOL.

Lucky u. All the Walmarts in my area put up that sign and stopped pricematching June last year grrr.

#3374 ritchardf  

Posted 15 October 2017 - 10:27 PM

yeah, my store has that sign but dated october 16th. i imagine this is part of the push to eliminate cashiers, as they are pushing scan and go hard currently. dont want people trying to price match on the self checkout lanes.

#3375 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5736 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:00 AM

yeah, my store has that sign but dated october 16th. i imagine this is part of the push to eliminate cashiers, as they are pushing scan and go hard currently. dont want people trying to price match on the self checkout lanes.

It's probably more to do with the Amazon 3rd party price matching scam on 3DS's and PS4's. That was in 2014 but they have probably been losing much money from similar PM's. 

Sucks for them though, don't need another reason to go to BB to price match.

#3376 ritchardf  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:26 AM

It's probably more to do with the Amazon 3rd party price matching scam on 3DS's and PS4's. That was in 2014 but they have probably been losing much money from similar PM's. 

Sucks for them though, don't need another reason to go to BB to price match.

they immediately stopped price matching third party offers on amazon after that debacle, so i doubt they saw widespread losses after that. sure, some employees probably kept doing it, but im sure just price matching website errors would be enough to push for the end. if it was really just that they could have gone back to price matching only physical ads instead of eliminating it all together.

#3377 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4157 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:10 AM

they immediately stopped price matching third party offers on amazon after that debacle, so i doubt they saw widespread losses after that. sure, some employees probably kept doing it, but im sure just price matching website errors would be enough to push for the end. if it was really just that they could have gone back to price matching only physical ads instead of eliminating it all together.

All day long I had been trying to find Xenoblade X
ToysRUs had it instock for $60, when I mentioned Gamestop had it for $20 they said they cannot match GS, but would see what they could do.
When I showed themthe price, they changed their tune to the fact that it was out online, they cannot match it. Kept trying to push the $60 and a fucking layaway on me.....

Tried BestBuy.com, similar thing, because it was oos online they coydpnt match it.

Luckily the local store helped me, since the was a GS store instate with it in stock, they matched the price and shipped it to my home..

#3378 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5736 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:03 AM

That doesn't mean people didn't continue to abuse it. Hell, people go to BB and PM stores that aren't even in their state despite the policy stating it needs to be in stock within 50 miles.

It was a plethora of problems with PMing though. I don't blame them for stopping it when so many people abuse the lax policy around it and employees have no idea what the policy is.

#3379 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8577 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:01 PM

I need a sanity check.  If I order something from walmart.com for in-store pickup, does it automatically drop to that store's clearance price?  Is that only if it is ready for same-day pickup?

#3380 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   753 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:09 PM

I need a sanity check. If I order something from walmart.com for in-store pickup, does it automatically drop to that store's clearance price? Is that only if it is ready for same-day pickup?

they will adjust to store price if it's pulled from shelf/backroom. Ship2store pickup won't. In general, if they don't send out a pickup email within 24-48h, they will go for the Ship2store

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

#3381 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8577 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:27 PM

they will adjust to store price if it's pulled from shelf/backroom. Ship2store pickup won't. In general, if they don't send out a pickup email within 24-48h, they will go for the Ship2store

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

It will have been five days between order placement and item availability, which means Ship2Store.  I'll probably have to see if they can do a price adjustment.

#3382 Retroxcellance   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1147 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Retroxcellance

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:54 PM

There was only one in my area but someone else may have better luck

Squatty Potty 7" ecco seat 50% off $11.24

http://brickseek.com...er?sku=49863167

#3383 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8128 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:12 PM

This what I found today :pZb4Xyym.jpg

I'm a little late, but that's a damn good haul!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Tradelist

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer." YouTube

#3384 derrtaysouth95   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1468 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

derrtaysouth95

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:44 PM

I don't think my Walmarts understand what clearance is. Nothing ever is marked down worth buying that I see.

#3385 buddha_mjs   Meat Popsicle CAGiversary!   193 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

buddha_mjs

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:03 PM

I don't think my Walmarts understand what clearance is. Nothing ever is marked down worth buying that I see.

Mines the same say. Ive never seen anything there for less then $14.85. Last time i checked they had an AC-DC ps2 game for $19.95...

#3386 TransistorRadio   can't buy me love CAGiversary!   1519 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

TransistorRadio

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:36 PM

Mariokart wheel set for switch was $6!

#3387 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4267 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

Can people at least post the city where they are getting these great Walmart clearance deals! In Columbus, Ohio I see clearance for $0.48 off. :wall: I travel alot, though, and would roam into more WM if I thought there was a chance. I don't expect you to give away the exact store if you're trying to keep everything for yourself, but give us all some hope out here...

#3388 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8577 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:27 PM

It will have been five days between order placement and item availability, which means Ship2Store.  I'll probably have to see if they can do a price adjustment.

Here's a follow-up:  I picked up the item from the back of the store and took it to Customer Service in the front of the store and told them what I wanted to do (either price adjustment or return/rebuy).  The lady at the counter said, after speaking with a few people above her, that as a one-time courtesy that would let me return it and then rebuy it, but normally if an item is returned from an online purchase it doesn't go into their inventory but rather goes back to the warehouse for re-availability online.

#3389 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

Picked up Bulletstorm:Full Clip Edition (PS4) for $10.

#3390 RegretItLater  

RegretItLater

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:30 PM

I saw a bunch of $20 games at Walmart, but nothing that I wanted. Apparently, they put these games behind the glass case. The $30 games are in security cases on the shelves.

Why Can't I Be You?