* * * - - 4 votes

Best Buy DOTD: 25%-66% Off Select Video Games

#31 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11589 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:44 AM

Honestly it's a sleeve and lanyard.  There's AR cards as well but I think someone mentioned elsewhere those came with their standard still.

Oh, if it still came with the cards I could accept that. Either way I placed an order at the store here that I remember having a ton of Stella Glows and Legend of Legacy's LEs. I really don't think many of our other local stores gets nearly as many niche stuff as they do.

#32 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:45 AM

Square since i know ur a guru of basically all things vita. P4DAN:DFE worth it at 32 for someone who loves P4 but not really a huge rythym game fan? Or should i skip it?

http://tinycartridge...all-night-i-got

"I like playing it just fine, but I don’t think it’s an exceptional rhythm game. The story is interesting, but I’m not sure if it came to a satisfying conclusion despite a really impressive amount of text. The songs are… well, okay, the songs are just wonderful, and I could listen to the Persona 4 soundtrack all day. It’s a game that does a lot of things kind of okay, adding up to a game I like even as I’m disappointed."

#33 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:45 AM

Btw OP might wanna add the other video game related dotd. Free Far Cry 4 complete edition with preorder of Far Cry Primal

#34 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21189 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:46 AM

Square since i know ur a guru of basically all things vita. P4DAN:DFE worth it at 32 for someone who loves P4 but not really a huge rythym game fan? Or should i skip it?

If you don't even remotely enjoy rhythm games, you are going to just be treading through it. XD

Although, your love of P4 may overwhelm the rhythm game portion, and it's not all that hard to play either if you're new to rhythm games, so there's also that too.

There's also enough "story" and dialogue integrated as you would expect from a P4 game, so at least it won't be boring from that aspect too.

Just fun to hear some of the music you're familiar with too getting remixed, and what not.

I'd say do it. :D

#35 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11589 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:47 AM

Btw OP might wanna add the other video game related dotd. Free Far Cry 4 complete edition with preorder of Far Cry Primal

Bah I thought it was free or something and got excited for a second

#36 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:47 AM

If you don't even remotely enjoy rhythm games, you are going to just be treading through it. XD

Although, your love of P4 may overwhelm the rhythm game portion, and it's not all that hard to play either if you're new to rhythm games, so there's also that too.

There's also enough "story" and dialogue integrated as you would expect from a P4 game, so at least it won't be boring from that aspect too.

Just fun to hear some of the music you're familiar with too getting remixed, and what not.

I'd say do it. :D

It's also canonical if I'm not mistaken.

#37 NeoMonk  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:49 AM

in for stellaglow, traded my copy in awhile back never finished it.

Plus I had those $20 from the FE LE fiasco to burn, now back to watching Shimoneta :D/

#38 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6737 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:49 AM

I bit on Dance all Night. I figured why not, hopefully it won't arrive damaged. If nothing else I can sell the DLC code for $10 or so on ebay to lower the cost of the other stuff.

#39 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:50 AM

It's also canonical if I'm not mistaken.

If its canon then that makes me wanna get it even more

#40 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:51 AM

If its canon then that makes me wanna get it even more

It is, just searched it up.  The fighting game is as well.

#41 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:53 AM

It is, just searched it up. The fighting game is as well.

Cool. Thanks man im gonna bite then.

#42 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21189 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:57 AM

Indeed.

Hence the "story" part of that description. ;D

#43 argyle   Mr. Lucky CAGiversary!   6453 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:59 AM

$10 off =/= free.  [-(

#44 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:05 AM

$10 off =/= free. [-(

Yeah i read it wrong for whatever reason. Lol

#45 EndZero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   341 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:10 AM

I just bought Persona yesterday like the rest of the shmucks. Looks like I gotta order another and just return this one, good thing I didn't open it. Don't wanna risk them not wanting to price match it.

#46 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   837 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:19 AM

in for stellaglow, traded my copy in awhile back never finished it.
Plus I had those $20 from the FE LE fiasco to burn, now back to watching Shimoneta :D/

What are these $20 everyone keeps mentioning? My fe se was delayed as well.

#47 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21189 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:21 AM

Did you get that initial email though?

I think it was only for those that received that first email that night when eBay listed all the FEs.

#48 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1207 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:22 AM

check your email. I used mine to buy P4 and 2 projects cars for 31 dollaroos.

#49 KudosConan   Procrastinator CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

KudosConan

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:24 AM

The email should read like "an update to your order" which would then include details of a free $20 code and pin for you if you received it. I am still debating on stella glow and hatsune miku. But I bought persona and project cars.

#50 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11381 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:27 AM

The email should read like "an update to your order" which would then include details of a free $20 code and pin for you if you received it. I am still debating on stella glow and hatsune miku. But I bought persona and project cars.

stella glow launch edition will be rare if you can get it at your local store.  hint hint

#51 LecherousMonk86   People...Please! CAGiversary!   285 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

LecherousMonk86

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:27 AM

Just curious as to how u can tell if its the special edition or not online

When i looked up store pick-up for the game in my area, only the BB down the street from me with the special edition came up. After i placed my order, i went in to order another copy because I was curious to see if that BB had more than one. When I got back to the store pick-up listing, the closest BB with the game was 30 miles away. I'm almost sure that the copy I ordered is the special edition I keep seeing at my BB, unless someone bought it and BB just happened to get a vanilla edition in during the last couple of days. But i doubt that

#52 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21189 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:28 AM

stella glow launch edition will be rare if you can get it at your local store.  hint hint

Indeed.

My store only has the game itself, so I decided to roll the dice and have it shipped to me.

Hopefully it works out. :*(

#53 KudosConan   Procrastinator CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

KudosConan

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:32 AM

stella glow launch edition will be rare if you can get it at your local store. hint hint

Sadly I am in the same boat as Square here. The best buys near me has the regular game for Stella glow and they never stocked hatsune miku. May have to roll the dice on shipping too...if I decide to haha. I will sleep on it before my 8am class XD. Sleep deprivation will get the best of me, I am sure of it.

#54 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10595 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:33 AM

Stella Glow regular editions are all over my Best Buys too...there might be 1 launch edition but the other is more common.

#55 LecherousMonk86   People...Please! CAGiversary!   285 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

LecherousMonk86

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:33 AM

It says launch edition in the description, but descriptions are not always the most accurate when it comes to launch edition stuff. :*(

When Hatsune Miku's second run started, BB updated their site to reflect only vanilla editions in stock. However, if BB happened to come across a first run (special edition) of the game, i could theoretically get that version upon store pick-up if that is all they have in stock. This is what happened to me when I order Sleeping Dogs for PS4 back when that game went rock bottom. I got the special edition of the game with the book, though the website said I was only getting the regular edition.

#56 Cromwell2   Banned Banned   86 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Cromwell2

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:34 AM

Amazing price for EO2U though if you're patient that will hit the Atlus digital cheap route eventually.

#57 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   837 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:38 AM

Wow thanks guys not sure how I missed that!

There is a Stella glow launch at my store. I was staring at it today lol.

#58 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1625 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

marineal

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:42 AM

WTF, Stella Glow had a reprint? I thought every copy came with the big box. 

#59 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:44 AM

Sadly it doesn't. I'm actually rather surprised it got a second run since it reviewed well but didn't seem to have any traction commercially.

#60 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21189 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:44 AM

It's not necessarily just a "reprint", but more people jacked the outer box and then returned it without the extras because employees in the store can't tell the difference anyways. :P