* * * * - 3 votes

Spend $100 get $15 back on PSN

PSN Credit Offer

#31 kingrock   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   24 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

kingrock

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:10 PM

For me personally, this is awesome timing.

Picked up Life is Strange, Tales from Borderlands, Fallout Season Pass, MGSV, and Until Dawn plus I get $15 back...perfect.

#32 ck0  

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:04 PM

Don't delay in redeeming the code.  It expires 31st of March.

#33 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:31 PM

Saw this in an email from playstation rewards

(3X points for critics' choice games ends 2/29)

3x.png

#34 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1735 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:35 AM

I still don't understand how digital is a smarter choice for the consumer. If I don't like The Division I can trade it in for $20 after launch. With digital it's not an option. Are there other benefits to going digital?

#35 BanditThief   King Of Thieves! CAGiversary!   564 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

BanditThief

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:42 AM

trade it in for paltry 20 bucks at lamestop lol

#36 ck0  

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:45 AM

I still don't understand how digital is a smarter choice for the consumer. If I don't like The Division I can trade it in for $20 after launch. With digital it's not an option. Are there other benefits to going digital?

You're right, it's not, you give up first sale rights.

But some things are digital only, like DLC or Season Passes.  Or maybe the price is so low, a physical trade-in wouldn't be enough trouble.

I'm using the $100 for things like Yakuza 5, which is digital only, plus other DLC stuff.

#37 BigTime2Play   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   507 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

BigTime2Play

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:46 AM

So I can't add $100 of funds from my paypal account to take advantage of this deal and the paypal deal right? Wanna know before I preorder Uncharted.

once you add the funds from paypal you are good for this deal. however i dont know what the fine print is on the paypal side because if you have to buy directly with paypal it wouldnt work. you would have to add the funds before purchase.

Which PayPal promotion? I think other CAGs have got the bonus at the $99.99 mark in the past.

I'm wondering this as well.

#38 Undeadcow   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Undeadcow

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:55 AM

I prefer physical myself but some advantages to digital include occassionally cheaper prices (with sales), some DLC heavier game may as well be all digital, and the fact that digital games allow many indie titles not backed by a larger physical disc to surface altogether. Physical media is great but if you want to stand on principle it's also a bummer bow that is often controlled by large chains like Best Buy or Target with limited on hand inventory or even Amazon (talk about monopoly). Plus look at the price gouging that occurs with out of print games sometimes.

The real "issue" isnt specific to digital versus physical but to the digital rights management specific to so many digital platforms. GOG is an example of doing digital right.

#39 tukai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1176 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:01 AM

I prefer digital on multiplayer games my son and i will play together. Buy 1 copy and get 2 usable, same with the season pass. Plus I never trade in games and I like not having to switch out discs. so if I spend $100, I get $15 back. With that I bought Banner saga and the division season pass at 20% off (coupon). 1 copy of division at $60. I end up with 2 divisions, 2 season passes, 1 banner saga and get $15 back. I wouldn't get that cheaper physical. 

#40 BigTime2Play   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   507 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

BigTime2Play

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:07 AM

My digital library is growing with a combination of games I already owned physically that were super cheap digitally (hence sell/trade in physical copy) for example, Batman Arkham Knight Premium Edition for $16, and games that are specific/exclusive to PSN and XBL.

The only time I was tempted to pre-order a game digitally was when RE Remake was coming out for PS4 which included the PS3 version free. and even then I couldn't pull the trigger.  The CAG in me can't justify pre-ordering a digital game that I could purchase physically for a discounted price.

#41 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7694 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:54 AM

First and foremost it is way easier to just have everything on a harddrive and not having to fiddle with discs. You also essentially have two copies of the game then. You can gameshare on the PS or set your home console on an X1. 

#42 Quorthon  

Quorthon

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:55 AM

Do PS+ subscriptions count towards this? "Anything that accepts PS wallet funds" (which is what I used to renew mine) suggests yes, but I'm hoping someone can confirm before I maybe spend more than I should right now.

#43 metalgear85  

metalgear85

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:48 PM

Do PS+ subscriptions count towards this? "Anything that accepts PS wallet funds" (which is what I used to renew mine) suggests yes, but I'm hoping someone can confirm before I maybe spend more than I should right now.

The only stand-out thing I read in the terms is "third party applications" dont count.  ie buying premium items within a free-to-play game's store.  Like buying gold in the World of Tanks store.

Plus, like you said, pay for the $100 in stuff with your PSN wallet.

#44 GodSmackedMe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

GodSmackedMe

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:44 PM

I prefer digital on multiplayer games my son and i will play together. Buy 1 copy and get 2 usable, same with the season pass. Plus I never trade in games and I like not having to switch out discs. so if I spend $100, I get $15 back. With that I bought Banner saga and the division season pass at 20% off (coupon). 1 copy of division at $60. I end up with 2 divisions, 2 season passes, 1 banner saga and get $15 back. I wouldn't get that cheaper physical.

Yup, same here, kid and I game share the multi-player stuff we both want. But wait the 20% code worked on the Division season pass?! Son of a....

#45 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10710 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:49 PM

First and foremost it is way easier to just have everything on a harddrive and not having to fiddle with discs. You also essentially have two copies of the game then. You can gameshare on the PS or set your home console on an X1. 

So if I wanted to do this with my Dad all I would need to do is flip-flop home console settings? Make my console his home and vice versa?  Would that also mean only one of us would need PS+ to use those games and multi-player features?

#46 artego   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   231 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:23 PM

If your dad and you both have an account on the same PS4, you can share games. Doesn't matter who is the primary or who is actively logged in.

If you are the primary account on the console, and you have PS+, he can share and use that to play games online. No other benefits of PS+ though (gold discounts, free games, etc.)

#47 tukai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1176 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:52 PM

Yup, same here, kid and I game share the multi-player stuff we both want. But wait the 20% code worked on the Division season pass?! Son of a....

Sure as heck did. The coupon was expiring soon and I couldnt justfiy just buying banner saga. I needed more to fully get the most out of the discount. I  started looking for things I was remotely interested in. The season pass sure worked. So instead of buying the digital gold edition, I bought season pass 20%off and I will just buy the regular version.

#48 Undeadcow   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Undeadcow

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:10 PM

PS+ Subscriptions should count for the $100 limit of this promo; at least it did for me last $15 back on spending $100+ (in early November 2015). 

#49 Quorthon  

Quorthon

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:25 PM

The only stand-out thing I read in the terms is "third party applications" dont count.  ie buying premium items within a free-to-play game's store.  Like buying gold in the World of Tanks store.

Plus, like you said, pay for the $100 in stuff with your PSN wallet.

PS+ Subscriptions should count for the $100 limit of this promo; at least it did for me last $15 back on spending $100+ (in early November 2015). 

Thanks guys

#50 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1331 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:32 PM

I get why some people go digital, because you can share your games with someone else and basically have 2 copies of it, but I have become very very leary of buying digital games with how Sony is known to just basically without warning remove something that you bought digital without a moments notice.  They did it with PS Mobile, so they could do it with whatever they choose.  Thats why unless its an Indie game that I want that I know more then likely will not get a physical release I do not buy digital unless its very very cheap digitally as in like 10 dollars or less.

#51 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1735 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:39 PM

I think I'm just sticking with my Division Gold edition from Best Buy. When you add in the $10 cert it's still better than this promotion.

I don't really have anyone to ps4 game share with. My son is just 2. Can't wait till we can game together though!

#52 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1659 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:44 PM

I get why some people go digital, because you can share your games with someone else and basically have 2 copies of it, but I have become very very leary of buying digital games with how Sony is known to just basically without warning remove something that you bought digital without a moments notice.  They did it with PS Mobile, so they could do it with whatever they choose.  Thats why unless its an Indie game that I want that I know more then likely will not get a physical release I do not buy digital unless its very very cheap digitally as in like 10 dollars or less.

when has sony removed a game that you bought?

#53 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1331 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:46 PM

They just did it with PS Mobile on PS Vita, Any games you bought were gone last July. 

#54 bentonmaru   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

bentonmaru

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:47 PM

They just did it with PS Mobile on PS Vita, Any games you bought were gone last July. 

Wouldn't it be under your Download List?

#55 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1331 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:18 PM

Nope you cant even redownload them. If you still have them downloaded you can still play them but if you deleted a PS Mobile game and deleted it you can no longer redownload it

#56 wildemu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:19 PM

I travel a lot for work so if I want to play anything, I need to use remote play. Digital is the way to go for me as I can carry my library anywhere. I may be in the minority, but the focus on digital saved my gaming hobby.

#57 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2754 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 27 February 2016 - 09:13 AM

So if I wanted to do this with my Dad all I would need to do is flip-flop home console settings? Make my console his home and vice versa?  Would that also mean only one of us would need PS+ to use those games and multi-player features?

Just wanted to confirm this does work. My son and I both have ps4s, flip flop the Primary Console settings. I've been a plus owner since it started and have had a ps4 since launch. Just got him a ps4 for Xmas, he instantly has a ton of digital games(all ps+ and ones I purchased) and he is able to play online without being a Plus member. As other have mention it works on more than just games, we both get season passes and other dlc with a one time purchase.

The one downside I've found since doing it this way for two months, is say you buy a game from your phone, it auto downloads on your primary console. So when Firewatch released and I purchased it on my phone while at work for me , on my console I had to goto the library and "redownload" it. Not really that big of a deal.

#58 fei33   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   545 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:53 PM

Hey, for anybody who purchased the 20% off PSN code from Boxed Deal, is there any special trick to resetting your password for the website?  I have tried to retrieve my digital code from the website, but every time I try to reset my password so that I can get it, the email reset link keeps taking me to a page where I have no option at all to input a new password.  It is a little frustrating since I know that the code is going to expire sometime tomorrow and I want to use it on the current PSN sale before it does. 

#59 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2346 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:12 PM

Meh. If it included what I bought last week I might be close enough to care. Maybe there will be some decent deals on Tuesday.

#60 DeGarmo2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   245 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

DeGarmo2

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:18 PM

trade it in for paltry 20 bucks at lamestop lol

Most new games get at least $30-35 for TIV early on.

And it's so much better than just never playing it again and getting $0 for it.