* * * * - 3 votes

Spend $100 get $15 back on PSN

PSN Credit Offer

#61 DeGarmo2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   243 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

DeGarmo2

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:20 PM

i'm willing to spend the full 60 bucks for a game i know i will love rather than wait months for a discount

plus most of what i spent was psn credit i earned through swagbucks

Everyone can do what they want, but I'm puzzled that a CAG can ever pay $60 for a $60 game. Between GCU and Prime, why is a $60 game a thing around these parts?

#62 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:35 PM

Everyone can do what they want, but I'm puzzled that a CAG can ever pay $60 for a $60 game. Between GCU and Prime, why is a $60 game a thing around these parts?

If you read the post that you quoted, he states that he purchased it with his "psn credit"

Digital copies don't usually get discounted and if he gameshares with a friend, then they can split the cost. To each their own though

#63 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1571 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:26 PM

to each their own, i'm puzzled how people will wait months just to save a few bucks on a game they really want

so the game will be about 40 in 2 months?  ok buy 20 dollars less of something else you don't really need if the 20 bucks means so much

i'm all for saving money but at some point you have to live a little

i also don't think many people here save much money at all because they buy games they don't really want just because they are cheap, so if i buy 2 games i really wanted for full price and you bought 12 games for 10 bucks that will just be thrown into an everlasting backlog, who here is really saving money?

and like i said a lot of it was psn credit i got through swagbucks, so really i spent about 20 bucks on the game

#64 yossi1014   CAMFG CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

yossi1014

Posted 27 February 2016 - 09:05 PM

Ok guys, I currently have Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Bloodborne DLC, and Yakuza 5 in my cart, sitting at $69.97.  Obviously I'm trying to hit $100 (and hitting $100 after the 20% off code from Boxed Deals would be awesome).  So my question is, what else should I get?  I have a PS4, PS3, and a Vita.  I also have a pc and generally prefer multiplats on that, so I'm only really looking for PS exclusives.  I usually go physical with my games for the resale value, but I wouldn't mind getting a digital title to facilitate this deal.  Digital-only content would be the most ideal though.  GO!

Thanks guys.

TL;DR: Need to add $30 (or $55) worth of PS exclusive digital content to my cart, what should I get?

#65 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2751 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:08 PM

Ok guys, I currently have Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Bloodborne DLC, and Yakuza 5 in my cart, sitting at $69.97.  Obviously I'm trying to hit $100 (and hitting $100 after the 20% off code from Boxed Deals would be awesome).  So my question is, what else should I get?  I have a PS4, PS3, and a Vita.  I also have a pc and generally prefer multiplats on that, so I'm only really looking for PS exclusives.  I usually go physical with my games for the resale value, but I wouldn't mind getting a digital title to facilitate this deal.  Digital-only content would be the most ideal though.  GO!

Thanks guys.

TL;DR: Need to add $30 (or $55) worth of PS exclusive digital content to my cart, what should I get?

I'd say Firewatch, The Witness, or Preorder Uncharted 4.

#66 yossi1014   CAMFG CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

yossi1014

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:24 PM

I'd say Firewatch, The Witness, or Preorder Uncharted 4.

Thanks for replying!  Firewatch and The Witness are both on PC, so I'm not interested in the PS4 versions.  Preordering Uncharted 4 isn't such a bad idea, except that paying full price for it kind of kills the deal, considering that I have GCU, plus I would prefer a physical copy so that I could trade it in the future.  Any DLC or digital-only games that you can think of?  Again, PS3, PS4, and Vita are all viable platforms.  I just want to avoid stuff that has a PC version.

#67 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2751 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:36 PM

Thanks for replying!  Firewatch and The Witness are both on PC, so I'm not interested in the PS4 versions.  Preordering Uncharted 4 isn't such a bad idea, except that paying full price for it kind of kills the deal, considering that I have GCU, plus I would prefer a physical copy so that I could trade it in the future.  Any DLC or digital-only games that you can think of?  Again, PS3, PS4, and Vita are all viable platforms.  I just want to avoid stuff that has a PC version.

Most digital only titles on ps4 have a PC version. Personally ps4 is what I game on most, so I tend to buy everything for ps4. I have the CE of Uncharted 4 preordered but will probably pick up the digital preorder just to put myself over the $100. I have no problem having both the digital and physical copies of a game I really like.

What about Until Dawn? Or you could even get a ps+ sub?

#68 yossi1014   CAMFG CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

yossi1014

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:43 PM

Most digital only titles on ps4 have a PC version. Personally ps4 is what I game on most, so I tend to buy everything for ps4. I have the CE of Uncharted 4 preordered but will probably pick up the digital preorder just to put myself over the $100. I have no problem having both the digital and physical copies of a game I really like.

What about Until Dawn? Or you could even get a ps+ sub?

I'm too much of a cheap bastard to have both a physical and digital copy of a game I like haha.  I'm definitely considering Until Dawn, already beat it once on a rental, wouldn't mind playing it again, not sure if I want it digital though since I'll probably get less than 20 hours out of it.  The ps+ sub has always been my fallback plan with this.  Probably what I'll end up doing.  I'm just afraid that I'll buy everything and then right after realize there was a digital game or DLC that I forgot about.

Thanks for the suggestions!

#69 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4849 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:07 PM

Like yossi, I need to spend another $30. Was thinking or either getting Resident Evil 0, pre-ordering Ratchet and Clank, or spending it on Rock Band DLC and the $15 Rock Band 3 Export code if that qualifies.

#70 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:52 AM

Like yossi, I need to spend another $30. Was thinking or either getting Resident Evil 0, pre-ordering Ratchet and Clank, or spending it on Rock Band DLC and the $15 Rock Band 3 Export code if that qualifies.

Hurry, guys! I need to spend $30 in order to save $15 lol that logic

#71 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10627 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:04 AM

Ok I have a few other questions. 1. Can the $100 come from several purchases? 2.  If you use your PayPal to fund your wallet does that count?  I have it listed as wallet funding but then a separate transaction listed as product purchase but I have no idea if that actually just counts as using PayPal to buy the game.  My Dad bought the Season Pass for FO4 this way so if I only need to spend $70.01 to get the $15 it would be great.

#72 ck0  

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:22 AM

Preordering Uncharted 4 isn't such a bad idea, except that paying full price for it kind of kills the deal, considering that I have GCU, plus I would prefer a physical copy so that I could trade it in the future.  Any DLC or digital-only games that you can think of?  

Do what I did.  Buy the Triple Pack DLC for Uncharted 4.

I'm not buying digital UC4 when I got GCU.  But the DLC is available right now to purchase.  You gonna get UC4, might as well get the DLC, because it contains upcoming Story DLC and MP stuff.  

#73 yossi1014   CAMFG CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

yossi1014

Posted 28 February 2016 - 02:01 AM

Do what I did.  Buy the Triple Pack DLC for Uncharted 4.

I'm not buying digital UC4 when I got GCU.  But the DLC is available right now to purchase.  You gonna get UC4, might as well get the DLC, because it contains upcoming Story DLC and MP stuff.  

That's a brilliant suggestion!  The 20% code doesn't work with pre-orders, unfortunately, but that's ok.  Now I just need to spend $11.04 to hit my target.  What PS exclusive content am I forgetting?

#74 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1728 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2016 - 02:31 AM

That's a brilliant suggestion! The 20% code doesn't work with pre-orders, unfortunately, but that's ok. Now I just need to spend $11.04 to hit my target. What PS exclusive content am I forgetting?

I haven't played Bloodbourne yet but fellow CAGs on here rave about the Bloodbourne DLC/expansion.

#75 yossi1014   CAMFG CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

yossi1014

Posted 28 February 2016 - 02:33 AM

I haven't played Bloodbourne yet but fellow CAGs on here rave about the Bloodbourne DLC/expansion.

Yep, that's already in my cart.

#76 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49874 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2016 - 02:55 AM

This is where I seem to be at for the promo, between the two sales on-going, at about $34 short of the $100:

Trine 3: The Artifacts Of Power
SOMA
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Amplitude
The Last Guy Add-On (DLC)
God Hand (PS2 Classic)
The BIT TRIP

#77 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:38 AM

Was not planning to buy anything this week or take part in the spend $100 promo but now I suddenly am and trying to figure out the best way to take advantage of it.  Traded Witcher, Bloodborne, and Project Cars today and got $100 of PSN credit back and have an expiring 20% off coupon.  So rebuying those is $65 on it's own so I'm considering the following scenarios.

Scenario A:

Witcher/Cars/BB $65

Spend $48 on Tuesday

Scenario B:

Witcher/Cars/BB $65

BB DLC $20

Spend $32 on Tuesday

Scenario C:

Witcher/Cars/BB $65

BB DLC $20

Undetermined games or DLC $10 to $15

Spend ~$20 on Tuesday

I think I'm leaning towards option B or C.  The BB DLC hasn't gone on sale yet and doesn't seem like it will very often (until I buy it) since DLC is quite neglected for sales these days.  Getting it with a big purchase seems like the better option than going with A and hoping that there's a good sale next week.  If there isn't then I would likely end up buying the BB DLC or other full priced things without the benefit of the 20%.  So I guess the question is whether grabbing something like Hitman Go, Hand of Fate DLC, or something similar at 20% off is worth taking getting another $2-3 out of the coupon.

#78 Gdogg   Scarlett Johansson's future ex-husband CAGiversary!   507 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:33 PM

Is there any way to use the 20% off psn code on a ps+ subscription?  Also does buying ps+ from the ps store count towards the $100?

#79 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1728 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:49 PM

Anyone planning to get Division Gold through this deal? I've got a BB preorder in place but I've got the itch to play this one the morning it comes out. I'm always hesitant to buy big new releases via digital.

#80 illatwill  

illatwill

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:35 AM

Anyone planning to get Division Gold through this deal? I've got a BB preorder in place but I've got the itch to play this one the morning it comes out. I'm always hesitant to buy big new releases via digital.

I've thought about it since I missed out on  :ps4: The Division Gold Edition through Best Buy. Debating if I should just order it through Amazon (have Prime).

Do you know if you can pre-download it?

#81 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1728 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:54 AM

Not even sure. How would I be able to tell if preload is an option?

#82 Kakashi25  

Kakashi25

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:45 AM

So I just want to be sure but can someone tell me that if I first fund my PSN wallet with either paypal or my credit card and then purchase after does it count for the $15 back?

#83 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1300 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:18 AM

Decided to go for this. Picked up Batman Arkham Knight, Bloodborne, Metal Gear Solid 5, Hitman Go, Axiom Verge,  and Volume.

#84 Indiansfan008   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Indiansfan008

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:33 PM

Just to clarify, do I only need to redeem the code to my wallet by March 31, 2016, or redeem and use the credit (i.e. buy something)? I'm assuming the former, but since this is the first time I've taken part in this type of promo, I figured I would ask. Apologies if this has been answered previously. Thanks in advance.

The promotion code (“Code”) is good for one qualifying Account to redeem the PSN Wallet credit via the PlayStation®Store. Code expires at 11:59PM PT on March 31st, 2016 and must be redeemed prior to this time.

#85 wiiups4  

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:59 PM

to each their own, i'm puzzled how people will wait months just to save a few bucks on a game they really want

i also don't think many people here save much money at all because they buy games they don't really want just because they are cheap, so if i buy 2 games i really wanted for full price and you bought 12 games for 10 bucks that will just be thrown into an everlasting backlog, who here is really saving money?

and like i said a lot of it was psn credit i got through swagbucks, so really i spent about 20 bucks on the game

Many have gcu, so your point about waiting 2 months is pointless. Also most games go on sale after a few weeks, not months.

#86 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1571 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:50 PM

Many have gcu, so your point about waiting 2 months is pointless. Also most games go on sale after a few weeks, not months.

gcu isn't free and not everybody wants to be tied down to buying from the same store,  what about my other points are they "pointless" too?

i bought far cry primal at full price and i am loving every minute of it, not sure why that bothers some of you

keep growing that backlog full of cheap games you'll never play

#87 wiiups4  

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:31 PM

gcu isn't free and not everybody wants to be tied down to buying from the same store, what about my other points are they "pointless" too?

i bought far cry primal at full price and i am loving every minute of it, not sure why that bothers some of you

keep growing that backlog full of cheap games you'll never play

I have no care either way l, I get games physically and digitally, so its only one salty person debating, that's you. Also you had no response to me saying that games go on sale after a few weeks, not months, which again tears down a point you tried to make. Did I say your post was pointless, or did I say your point about something specifically was pointless? Learn to comprehend what someone is saying. Your comments on me being included in "why that bothers some of you" was also pointless because what led you to believe I was bothered by the debate some of you were having? I simply commented on a point you tried to make that didn't make sense in a broader view.

#88 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:32 PM

Just to clarify, do I only need to redeem the code to my wallet by March 31, 2016, or redeem and use the credit (i.e. buy something)? I'm assuming the former, but since this is the first time I've taken part in this type of promo, I figured I would ask. Apologies if this has been answered previously. Thanks in advance.

The promotion code (“Code”) is good for one qualifying Account to redeem the PSN Wallet credit via the PlayStation®Store. Code expires at 11:59PM PT on March 31st, 2016 and must be redeemed prior to this time.

Redeem the code.  Once you redeem it the code just becomes credit.

#89 Undeadcow   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Undeadcow

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:59 PM

To pass $100 I got:

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain

Destiny Taken King Legendary

Life is Strange

The Escapists + Walking Dead bundle [+DLC] [last week]

Rainbow Moon PS4 upgrade

#90 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1571 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:26 PM

I have no care either way l, I get games physically and digitally, so its only one salty person debating, that's you. Also you had no response to me saying that games go on sale after a few weeks, not months, which again tears down a point you tried to make. Did I say your post was pointless, or did I say your point about something specifically was pointless? Learn to comprehend what someone is saying. Your comments on me being included in "why that bothers some of you" was also pointless because what led you to believe I was bothered by the debate some of you were having? I simply commented on a point you tried to make that didn't make sense in a broader view.

here's a lesson in social etiquette, don't talk down to people and then play innocent when they get "salty" with you

many games do NOT go on sale after  just a few weeks and some people don't want to wait for it to "maybe" drop in a few weeks, why can't you comprehend that?   some games to some people are worth full price on release day, and i will once again point out i didn't pay the full 60 bucks, i got the game for what far cry 4 mostly sells for and that game is like 15 months old

i did comprehend what you were saying, my point was not "pointless" because you don't know if a game will go on sale in 2 weeks or 2 months

you're the 3rd person in this thread that questioned me buying it at full price, it shouldn't be a mystery why i included you