* * * * - 3 votes

Spend $100 get $15 back on PSN

PSN Credit Offer

#91 DeGarmo2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   245 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

DeGarmo2

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:37 PM

gcu isn't free and not everybody wants to be tied down to buying from the same store, what about my other points are they "pointless" too?

i bought far cry primal at full price and i am loving every minute of it, not sure why that bothers some of you

keep growing that backlog full of cheap games you'll never play

Do what you want. It doesn't bother me.. but if it's me buying at least 3 $60 games over 2 years - and likely many more - getting GCU would save me tons of money over the long haul.

I guess I wrongly presumed on a website dedicated to saving gamers money that everyone would be paying $48 for new games. Looks like I was wrong about that.

Also... A backlog of cheap games has absolutely nothing to do with paying $60 for new games vs paying $48 for new games. I, for one, only buy newly released games that I know I'll play right away. Otherwise, I'll wait until I have time to make the purchase.

#92 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:04 PM

Not even sure. How would I be able to tell if preload is an option?

On the game page. Instead of buy it will say download or something like that. Then on you xmb, there will be s countdown timer on the game till midnight 3/8

#93 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1660 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:09 PM

Do what you want. It doesn't bother me.. but if it's me buying at least 3 $60 games over 2 years - and likely many more - getting GCU would save me tons of money over the long haul.

I guess I wrongly presumed on a website dedicated to saving gamers money that everyone would be paying $48 for new games. Looks like I was wrong about that.

Also... A backlog of cheap games has absolutely nothing to do with paying $60 for new games vs paying $48 for new games. I, for one, only buy newly released games that I know I'll play right away. Otherwise, I'll wait until I have time to make the purchase.

i buy digitally off of psn, i'm done with physical disks forever,  so i don't see how gcu benefits me

#94 Shadowstrike   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Shadowstrike

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:17 PM

In the past they had restrictions, but this time can digital preorders count towards the $100?

#95 wiiups4  

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:12 PM

here's a lesson in social etiquette, don't talk down to people and then play innocent when they get "salty" with you

many games do NOT go on sale after just a few weeks and some people don't want to wait for it to "maybe" drop in a few weeks, why can't you comprehend that? some games to some people are worth full price on release day, and i will once again point out i didn't pay the full 60 bucks, i got the game for what far cry 4 mostly sells for and that game is like 15 months old

i did comprehend what you were saying, my point was not "pointless" because you don't know if a game will go on sale in 2 weeks or 2 months

you're the 3rd person in this thread that questioned me buying it at full price, it shouldn't be a mystery why i included you

Again, you are making some of the same points (some people don't want to wait, etc.), which I never disagreed with. I disagreed with one statement and told you why I think you should have left it out of your post or rephrased it. Didn't talk down nor am I playing innocent. In the first post, you were bashing those who do wait, so I told you your reasoning for calling them out was pointless because it was untrue. But if you can not 'comprehend' that, don't bother responding

#96 wiiups4  

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:16 PM

here's a lesson in social etiquette, don't talk down to people and then play innocent when they get "salty" with you

many games do NOT go on sale after just a few weeks and some people don't want to wait for it to "maybe" drop in a few weeks, why can't you comprehend that? some games to some people are worth full price on release day, and i will once again point out i didn't pay the full 60 bucks, i got the game for what far cry 4 mostly sells for and that game is like 15 months old

i did comprehend what you were saying, my point was not "pointless" because you don't know if a game will go on sale in 2 weeks or 2 months

you're the 3rd person in this thread that questioned me buying it at full price, it shouldn't be a mystery why i included you

Lol actually please do respond.. tell me when I questioned you buying anything at full price.. please tell me when lol. I guess you get defensive when someone points out SOMETHING in your post and you flip it, as if they called out your ENTIRE POST. Not once have I question you or anyone on cag about paying full price. Go back and read my response(s) and tell me about how I'm apart of the others who question you. Lol smh

#97 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1660 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:06 AM

you sure you want me to respond this time or will you change your mind again minutes later?  

i didn't bash anybody, i responded to a post asking why on earth as a cag would i buy a game at full price, i explained why and then somebody else days later questioned it

that was the whole point of my posts in this thread, me explaining why i think a game can be worth full price

and then you came along today and you mentioned GCU so how is that not you questioning people buying games at full price?   you then said games go cheaper within weeks so why are you posting that if you aren't questioning me buying a game at full price?  you think i was factually wrong about that? 

here we are almost a week later after i posted about having the "audacity" to buy a game at the $60 retail price (got it much cheaper thanks to swagbucks) and it's still being discussed

i am loving far cry primal to death and you know what?  it is pure fun with tons of content and great graphics, i think it's worth more than 60 dollars LOL

you guys think i should've waited for whenever it went on sale?  why do that when i can have tons of fun now?  i don't have a backlog to work on, i only buy games i can play now because adding to a backlog is a waste of money

#98 DeGarmo2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   245 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

DeGarmo2

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:24 AM

Just to be clear, I never once said you should wait to buy a game. I actually think you should buy games you want on Day One :) Why wait?

Backlogs being a waste of money, however, is in the eye of the beholder. :)

#99 DeGarmo2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   245 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

DeGarmo2

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:29 AM

Also you guys are arguing semantics.

I think the crux of the argument is that Barry said you'd have to wait weeks/months for a price drop while I think wiiups was saying that with Prime or GCU, those members don't have to wait for a price drop because they already get a discount off MSRP.

Ultimately, do what's best for your situation and game on and have fun :D

#100 muelly   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   114 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:02 AM

So we can still take advantage of this offer through tomorrow yet?

I want to get the division gold edition and I'll just throw in a .49 uncharted avatar to get over $100. I imagine if I add a PSN card to my account and then preorder that is acceptable correct?

#101 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1735 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:45 AM

So we can still take advantage of this offer through tomorrow yet?

I want to get the division gold edition and I'll just throw in a .49 uncharted avatar to get over $100. I imagine if I add a PSN card to my account and then preorder that is acceptable correct?

I was thinking about the same plan. But I'm such a chicken when it comes to buying a big game digital.

#102 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:04 AM

I was thinking about the same plan. But I'm such a chicken when it comes to buying a big game digital.

I've gotten Bloodborne and The Witcher 3 digital. I love having the discs and cases etc., but being able to just start it up without getting up to swap discs is s sweet luxury.

#103 DDustiNN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   343 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

DDustiNN

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:32 AM

So back on topic...

Can someone explain this "wallet" restriction? I currently have $101.97 worth of stuff in my cart. I have some money in my PSN wallet already. When I go to checkout, it says:

From wallet: $22.01
Visa: $79.96
Total payment: $101.97

Then at the bottom in small print, it says, "Funds will be added to your wallet from your Visa [blah blah blah]."

So what are you guys talking about with this "direct purchase" with credit cards and PayPal? Will my current setup not grant me the $15 credit? I didn't think anything of it until I started reading this thread...

#104 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:38 AM

Add the $80 to your account first or go to Amazon and buy $80 of PSN cards so you get credit.

#105 DDustiNN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   343 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

DDustiNN

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:19 AM

Add the $80 to your account first or go to Amazon and buy $80 of PSN cards so you get credit.

I just went ahead and did it like normal (the way I described it above). Afterward, I got an email saying it added funds to my wallet for the purchase. I think I should be fine.

#106 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:22 AM

I just went ahead and did it like normal (the way I described it above). Afterward, I got an email saying it added funds to my wallet for the purchase. I think I should be fine.

Then you're probably good.

#107 kreate  

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:07 AM

gcu isn't free and not everybody wants to be tied down to buying from the same store,  what about my other points are they "pointless" too?

i bought far cry primal at full price and i am loving every minute of it, not sure why that bothers some of you

keep growing that backlog full of cheap games you'll never play

this is kind of me, i got a HUGE backlog of cheap games i will play one day when i grow old and retire. just horrible habit.

this is kind of me as well, i only buy a game for full price like once a year. other than that, i dont even want to spend $48.

*sorry to butt in but i find u guys conversation interesting

#108 FireWarrior   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   366 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

FireWarrior

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:42 PM

Anybody receive their $15 credit back yet?  I understand today is the last day for PSN to issue the credits.

#109 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49877 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:31 PM

Anybody receive their $15 credit back yet?  I understand today is the last day for PSN to issue the credits.

Nope, nothing yet.

#110 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1300 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:27 PM

Nothing for me yet either

#111 Mustainium  

Mustainium

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:31 AM

Still waiting on mine as well 

EDIT: scratch that, got mine

#112 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1300 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 09 March 2016 - 04:12 AM

Come on Sony!!! Get a move on!!!

#113 Tuxedo38   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Tuxedo38

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:54 PM

Still nothing yet.

#114 Tuxedo38   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Tuxedo38

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:02 PM

Actually it turns out that I got it on Monday. They send a message to your PS4, not your email. Under notifications, go to the "From PlayStation" section and it should be marked as PSN Credit. Just press enter and it will autofill the redeem codes section with a $15 code.

#115 kreate  

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:21 AM

i made my last purchase of $18.44 on march 1st. which got me to $108 in the eligible time period.

and i called customer service just right now and the lady has no idea of what the promotion was about, or if there was a promotion at all.

after being hold the lady tells me my last purchase is showing up as march 2 instead of the march 1st. so i am not eligible.

i went thru transaction by transaction with her, and told her that in my transaction history, it clearly shows that i made the purchase on the march 1st. not 2nd. and i even told her i made the purchase around 8:20pm the night of the 1st. 

and she tells me im wrong. and i tell her she's wrong. i KNOW when i made my purchase, cuz corporations likes to play that game. i told her i read the fine print and made the right kind of purchase, with the right amount of purchase, at the right time of purchase.

after arguing with her for 30 minutes i told her she better get someone who knows what their doing.

so this guy name victor comes on the line (btw ive been on hold multiple times already) victor does his own calculations and research and tells me sorry. that i am right. and that i should wait til next friday. and if i still dont get the 15, that i should call back.

i told that guy i do not wish to re-explain this whole situation with another dumb CS personnel. he said he will put notes in it. i have to LOL with veins sticking out of the side of my forehead. 

man i hate sony.

#116 kreate  

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:05 AM

Actually it turns out that I got it on Monday. They send a message to your PS4, not your email. Under notifications, go to the "From PlayStation" section and it should be marked as PSN Credit. Just press enter and it will autofill the redeem codes section with a $15 code.

tuxedo38 is right actually.

the whole time i was looking at my ps3 and the playstation app. and i saw nothing. 

i turned on my ps4 and bam! there it is on the notifications. not even in the msg recieved box.

and all that arguing i did with sony rep ....