Question about ordering/cancelling on GameStop's Website

Kyle1022

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
First off, I apologize if this in the wrong section.

I tried to order something off GameStop's website and I paid with trade credit (input my trade card info onto the website). I got the order confirmation email and all that. But after ordering I noticed that I hadn't put in the SAVER code for free shipping and that strangely, the purchase was taxed (I'm never taxed when paying with GS credit in stores).

So I cancelled the order (got the cancellation email) and tried again with the SAVER code, but I got a notification during the ordering process saying that SAVER won't work since the item hasn't released yet. Fair enough. I also realized that it was probably taxed because the system registered my card as a gift card rather than a trade credit card and that there was probably nothing I could do about that.

But after trying to reorder the item, it says the order goes through but it gives me the same order number as my last cancelled order. I've tried reordering it twice, but it gave me the same order number both times. I never received another order confirmation email (and it's been well over an hour, whereas I got the original order and cancellation emails within seconds) and the new orders don't show up in my order history. The only order present is my cancelled order, which is listed as "closed." The cancelled order also shows on the GameStop app, under "preorders," where it is clearly listed as "cancelled."

I'll try GameStop's customer support again, but earlier I sat on hold for over 40 minutes and got nobody to help me. In the mean time, can anyone who has gone through something similar help me? Thanks in advance!

You're pretty much stuck into calling them as their non-phone support options are only through email and I've had very mixed results with emailed support. Phone support may be shitty hold times, though you have a captive audience with the rep on the other end of the phone.

bread's done
Back