Why is Hillary crushing Bernie with the Black vote?

berzirk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I won't be voting for anyone running for President so far, so I don't have a horse in the race, but I have a hard time figuring out why the black vote so strongly seems to be going to Hillary so far.  I'd like to think there is some deep, issue-based reason, and that's why Bernie's years of Civil Rights defense, marches, protests, etc., would be looked at as meaningless, but for the life of me...I don't know what it could be.

Someone help me out.  Hillary Clinton makes Ben Carson look like Malcolm X. She couldn't be whiter, more entrenched in the establishment, and more focused on the rich. 

Bill Clinton was incredibly popular with the black community. During his political career, he was a regular fixture in black neighborhoods, talking to the people and eating soul food. The child of a poor Arkansas family, he came across as relating to then unlike any previous president and, when elected, put an unprecedented number of African Americans into important administration roles. After leaving office, he started the Clinton Foundation in Harlem.

Hillary has her own history of advocacy but mainly she's 50% of the Clinton family and well known to the community.

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't be voting for anyone running for President so far, so I don't have a horse in the race, but I have a hard time figuring out why the black vote so strongly seems to be going to Hillary so far. I'd like to think there is some deep, issue-based reason, and that's why Bernie's years of Civil Rights defense, marches, protests, etc., would be looked at as meaningless, but for the life of me...I don't know what it could be.

Someone help me out. Hillary Clinton makes Ben Carson look like Malcolm X. She couldn't be whiter, more entrenched in the establishment, and more focused on the rich.
i dont understand what you mean

i wont be voting for anyone running so far? Isnt this all of the people we get to pick from, unless someone jumps out of the curtains and goes BOOOGY ME BE RUNNING..... O man i really want someone to say that on tv

really though cause she plays the race card all the time and act like she cares about blacks. How anyone could vote for that lying piece of crap is beyond me... I seen some footage from up in flint where she said on TV

ONLY THE BLACKS WERE Getting the poison water and the whites were getting their water from the pipes from another source and they belive her

Even if I'm a Sanders supporter, Clinton is the only candidate out of everybody not capable of melting down like a hot mess, no matter how hard her trolls, not her critics, try to paint her as queen b-. People do respond to that.

Ben Carson is hardly Malcolm X, especially when the latter advocated a strong education. What kind of man tells people that a college level education is tantamount to joining ISIS (which practices indoctrination?)

Even if I'm a Sanders supporter, Clinton is the only candidate out of everybody not capable of melting down like a hot mess, no matter how hard her trolls, not her critics, try to paint her as queen b-. People do respond to that.

Ben Carson is hardly Malcolm X, especially when the latter advocated a strong education. What kind of man tells people that a college level education is tantamount to joining ISIS (which practices indoctrination?)
I think you might have missed my point there. Ben Carson is nothing like Malcolm X. He's a terrible speaker, he seems to have no views on race and the role that plays in society. Black voters would not even feel remotely compelled to vote for him or feel that he speaks to them. That was the joke I was making. His incredibly "WASPY" traits and experiences make him look like an ambassador for the black community when you compare him to Clinton (who has none).

And to Slidecage, I won't vote. I haven't since Bush Sr. Wait....is that right? 96? Anyway, most of the candidates that run, I find so disgusting, so deceitful, and so personally dangerous to me and my interests, that I refuse to vote for the "least bad" candidate. I wouldn't choose to eat the least contaminated food, why should anyone try to tell me I should vote for the least terrible candidate.

I'd pick the least contaminated food if someone was going to shove food down my throat anyway.  Sort of like I'm going to be impacted by my government no matter if I vote or not so I might as well get my say in.

I'd pick the least contaminated food if someone was going to shove food down my throat anyway. Sort of like I'm going to be impacted by my government no matter if I vote or not so I might as well get my say in.
I hear that. But are you really getting your say, if you live in a hardcore Blue or Red State? I live in Oregon. Nothing shy of a 20yr younger Ron Paul has a chance of making Oregon ever vote for someone other than a Democrat, so unless I support the current Democratic nominee, voting for anyone else isn't really having my say, it's showing I can fill in a black circle like I was still taking finals.

I've written myself in for the last couple elections. I'm finally old enough to legally be President. Got something like...12 votes last election :p

Its funny how republicans always blame the media for shoving a candidate on to office like Obama.

When basically they are doing the exact same with Trump, but of course no republican is screaming about that.   A look at the spending has shown Trump has spent not even close to the amount all 3 other candidates combined per vote

bread's done
Back