- - - - -

Best Buy DOTD: Madden 16 $39.99 ($31.99 GCU), Watch Dogs $9.99 ($7.99 GCU)

#1 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6169 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:20 AM

Madden 16: http://www.bestbuy.c...n-nfl-16-152236

Watch Dogs :ps4: http://www.bestbuy.c...0&skuId=8677355

:xb1: http://www.bestbuy.c...5&skuId=9009127

jac522.png

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/no658ea3

#2 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3264 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:24 AM

GDI, I was just about to make a post!

Currently Playing:  :ps4: Rainbow Six: Siege   :ps3: Dark Souls    :vita: N/A   :wiiu: Super Smash Bros.   :3ds: Bravely Default

Most Recently Beat:  :xb1: Quantum Break

"Sony gave me a partial refund on a Wii U game."

Kyanos is a Barium Silicon Carbon Bismuth Technetium Hydrogen.

#3 Donken   Auditor CAGiversary!   2735 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:28 AM

I'll wait for watch dogs to be GWG I think :)

#4 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8202 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:31 AM

Meh. Underwhelmed by Watch_Dogs deal, given GameSpot's 4/$20 right now.

If the Complete Edition ever hit retail, it'd be good at this price, but I guess I'll have to wait for another digital sale instead.

I'll wait for watch dogs to be GWG I think  :)

Also, this. Kinda seems to be heading that way, don't it?

CAG'S OFFICIAL COCKROACH EXTERMINATOR

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $1 PayPal each

#5 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1291 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:36 AM

Meh I might grab it when i go to best buy later today to pick up Creed, I am one of the few who actually thought it was a decent game i guess and wouldnt mind playing through it again at some point.

#6 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1383 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:16 PM

If the Complete Edition ever hit retail, it'd be good at this price, but I guess I'll have to wait for another digital sale instead.

That's obviously never going to happen if it hasn't happened yet. Which reminds me, does Ubisoft EVER release complete or GotY versions of their games? 

As for Madden, how is this game not $40 MSRP? I can't imagine it's still selling with the NFL season having been over for almost a month now.

Let's go O's!

#7 Bosamba   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2037 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:03 PM

Which reminds me, does Ubisoft EVER release complete or GotY versions of their games? 

http://www.amazon.co...omplete edition

:grouphug:

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#8 nypickle   Orange and Blue CAGiversary!   978 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:14 PM

I really tried to like Watch Dogs but have had a hard time. Finally got back to it the other day to finish the game. The driving just feels awful and something about the shooting/combat just doesn't feel fluid. Never mind that I'm not at all interested in the meh plot. You could do worse for $8 I suppose, but you're better off waiting for GWG of you have other games in your backlog.

#9 Ilostmyemail   Banned Banned   171 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Ilostmyemail

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:18 PM

wow-such-doge-so-watch-dogs-wow_o_329044
9bd.gif

#10 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:36 PM

That's obviously never going to happen if it hasn't happened yet. Which reminds me, does Ubisoft EVER release complete or GotY versions of their games? 

As for Madden, how is this game not $40 MSRP? I can't imagine it's still selling with the NFL season having been over for almost a month now.

Believe it or not is still is with the constant sports news cycle.  People are hearing about the combine and free agency all day, which is making them want to participate in the virtual combine and free agency period that are in Madden.

I popped in my Madden 16 yesterday to play through a few seasons lol

#11 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6480 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:37 PM

Watch Dogs is apart of the 4/$20 GS promo and if you're planning on purchasing :xb1: Madden, it's in the EA Vault. 

#12 Chuck Stank   Colts/Hawkeyes Fan CAGiversary!   978 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:50 PM

I'd say Watch Dogs is definitely worth it at that price if you haven't played it yet. I didn't think it was that bad of a game.
Posted Image

#13 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11109 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:33 PM

$7.99 seems like the right price to give W_D a try.

Ryuukishi634.png

#14 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1383 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:54 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed WD. It got repetitive, like almost all open world games do, but it was still a lot of fun.
Let's go O's!

#15 bkozyn19   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

bkozyn19

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:16 PM

madden 16 has been in the EA Access vault for a while now i believe...

#16 Zimmy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   876 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:53 PM

$39.99 for Madden?  Has Best Buy checked the calendar lately?

Posted Image

#17 Kev Cyberpunk   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   360 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Kev Cyberpunk

Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:01 PM

It's $7.99 brand new with GCU. I'd take that over a used, probably scratched disc that comes in a box with a sticker on it. $3 difference for a new disc that won't break your disc drive. I don't understand people who get used games for a few bucks less than their new counterparts.

#18 ejw1984   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:26 PM

Anyone have any comments about that yellow Samsung vacuum that's a $100 dollars off today?

#19 ejw1984   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:50 PM

I'd say Watch Dogs is definitely worth it at that price if you haven't played it yet. I didn't think it was that bad of a game.

How fun is it to just go around exploding things?  Does that "raise the guard post right before a car gets there" prank get old quick?  Some times I like just going around ruining virtual peoples day in open world games.

#20 Chuck Stank   Colts/Hawkeyes Fan CAGiversary!   978 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:51 PM

How fun is it to just go around exploding things? Does that "raise the guard post right before a car gets there" prank get old quick? Some times I like just going around ruining virtual peoples day in open world games.

You may like the online component then. It's fun to invade someone's game and seeing them scramble to find you.

Like causing a huge traffic jam to confuse them thinking you're in of the 15 cars piled up but really you're nowhere near it.

And the opposite is true too when your game is getting invaded. This is why I'm excited for the sequel. There are so many things they can expand on to make it a great game.
Posted Image

#21 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8202 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:01 PM

Yeah, I wasn't saying it was gonna happen (outside of Europe), but there's a complete version available digitally ($49.99). And yes, they've done Complete/GotY versions, they just usually never release state-side (besides FC4 Complete which was just posted).

#22 CAGNewbie  

CAGNewbie

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:25 AM

It's $7.99 brand new with GCU. I'd take that over a used, probably scratched disc that comes in a box with a sticker on it. $3 difference for a new disc that won't break your disc drive. I don't understand people who get used games for a few bucks less than their new counterparts.

Used games break your disc drive?

#23 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1383 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:26 AM

Yeah, I wasn't saying it was gonna happen (outside of Europe), but there's a complete version available digitally ($49.99). And yes, they've done Complete/GotY versions, they just usually never release state-side (besides FC4 Complete which was just posted).

Yeah, Far Cry 4. Is that the only one?

I do see that they seem to be going in a direction with 'gold' versions of their releases which include a code for the season pass. I rather like that method because them I can get my Amazon or GCU discount on the whole shabang.
Let's go O's!

#24 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8202 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 02 March 2016 - 02:28 AM

It's almost 50% of the price, and you can always look at the quality of the used discs you're buying while you're at the store. If you're dissatisfied, just don't buy them, or you can buy it and try exchanging it for a better quality copy at another GameStop.

#25 ChillyWillie   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   117 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

ChillyWillie

Posted 02 March 2016 - 03:07 AM

Watch Dogs for 7.99 GCU???

:( I literally bought Watch Dogs, two days ago, for $8.99 (GCU) used!! The disk is in amazing condition and had the original packaging, but why didn't I wait?

Oh well. Worth it for anyone who hasn't played this game yet.

#26 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5023 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:26 AM

You may like the online component then. It's fun to invade someone's game and seeing them scramble to find you.

Like causing a huge traffic jam to confuse them thinking you're in of the 15 cars piled up but really you're nowhere near it.

And the opposite is true too when your game is getting invaded. This is why I'm excited for the sequel. There are so many things they can expand on to make it a great game.

This guy gets it.

Definitely the most refreshing and innovative multiplayer in a very long time. Was an absolute blast when it released, but the community might be dead by now. Really looking forward to the sequel.

I just spent an hour dragging a boat up a mountain for a trophy. What have I become...

Now just play a really piece of shit game and then complain about it until (and well after) you get the plat.

#27 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10469 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 02:05 PM

Sounds like something Microsoft would have presented in the X1 marketing when they first revealed it.  :lol:

Posted Image

#28 BearAntlers   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   268 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

BearAntlers

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:28 PM

Went to BB today to pick up Watch Dogs. But I couldn't bring myself to do it, even for $8 :/

#29 Kev Cyberpunk   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   360 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Kev Cyberpunk

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:55 PM

Depends on how scratched they are. It's possible to find a mint condition disc at GameStop but for the most part they're overly scratched junk discs that have been laying around in a drawer for years. If you're buying used from there at least ask the clerk to show you what you're getting first or just go with ebay for used since they post detailed pics of the discs condition on there.

#30 Kev Cyberpunk   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   360 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Kev Cyberpunk

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:58 PM

It's almost 50% of the price, and you can always look at the quality of the used discs you're buying while you're at the store. If you're dissatisfied, just don't buy them, or you can buy it and try exchanging it for a better quality copy at another GameStop.

Do you not have GCU? I'd say even for double the price it's more worth it new. $10 is nothing for a sealed AAA game. You're really gonna sacrifice the quality of your disc/box for $5? I'd understand if the game was $20 or more new and $5 used but for a few bucks difference the better choice is clear, I'd go new.