GGT 357 Gets Revisited By Some Old Faces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indignate

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
We're in that part of the series where we have long jumped the shark and we need to bring back some of the more popular characters to keep ratings up but it's not really going to work out (mostly because they're only showing up for one post) and we should all start looking for other gigs.

The thing is though the people who got out were the only ones who could actually land other gigs.

Huh, it never popped up that you did, I probably passed out or something. I'll be sleeping soon but I'll be sure to try and contact you again. Dash would be cool, and they could add another ship to the dogfighting mode as well, would be great. But yeah, it sounds like it is Disney, as much as people dislike the prequels (I enjoyed them) they have some great heroes/villians that make fun gameplay at least. I honestly haven't played it much either, Halo 5 at launch was also pretty small with maps/modes, but with the free monthly updates they have brought a lot more into it, and it's still a blast to play, the free stuff in Battlefront has been limited, like 3 maps, a mode, and costumes? Still better then nothing, but not enough content to make it feel more "full".
Okay, dawg.

And I kind of agree, I guess. I just wish that there was something else to make me feel like I got my money's worth from battlefront. I like the dogfighting modes, but overall, it still feels really light. After 15ish hours, I just don't feel like going back to it.

We're in that part of the series where we have long jumped the shark and we need to bring back some of the more popular characters to keep ratings up but it's not really going to work out (mostly because they're only showing up for one post) and we should all start looking for other gigs.

The thing is though the people who got out were the only ones who could actually land other gigs.
Ouch.

I reposted this on VGFaces, so maybe we'll get some new folks. I miss the days when the GGT was hoppin'.

What's Josh up to these days? Does he have a kid yet? Did he name him Brian if he did? That seems like the kind of name Josh would have for his kid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zeki bought a xbox for 290, a thing that he doesn't need or even want.

You know, instead of spending that money on coming to see Miku with me.

What does that make me?

I understand.

"On the home screen, there is ads, and ads, and ads, and Major Nelson, and at the bottem you finally get to your games. It's so teeeerible." - Zeki Live From The XboxOne

Better than nothing is not good when you paid for Full to begin with.
I mean if you are on this site and paid full price you are doing it wrong

Okay, dawg.

And I kind of agree, I guess. I just wish that there was something else to make me feel like I got my money's worth from battlefront. I like the dogfighting modes, but overall, it still feels really light. After 15ish hours, I just don't feel like going back to it.
Personally I feel like I got my moneys worth, I played so much of the beta, then the 10 hours of early access, then still bought it so I got a lot of time out of it. I think the big thing was it has more mode variety then a lot of mp games, a lot of shooters don't launch with a super amount of maps, I believe it had like the same amount as Halo 5 did originally give or take, then the little missions which are okay at best (survival is probably the best, especially with 2 people), I understand though it doesn't have a huge amount of content, but a lot of multiplayer games usually do rely on the replayibility, and to me for some reason it pulled me in, I'll definitely still hop on here and there. So I guess to me it feels kind of similar to a lot of modern shooters, the old Battlefronts didn't have many modes at all.

What does that make me?

I understand.
If it makes you feel better he also let me know that he got the Xbox

"On the home screen, there is ads, and ads, and ads, and Major Nelson, and at the bottem you finally get to your games. It's so teeeerible." - Zeki Live From The XboxOne
There's like 2 ads at all times tops, 1 sponsored and 1 directly from MS, and they are pretty much for game things/offers, so it's not that many. Also I don't see the difference between having to scroll to the bottom (Xbox One, protip RT brings you straight to your pins/the my games button) compared to having to scroll all the way to the right (PS4).

Josh does seem like a big Fast and Furious fan.
I like to think that every Friday when he's done at work, he and his work buddy drive to a forked road so they can re-enact the scene where Paul Walker and Vin Diesel say goodbye to each other.

What does that make me?

I understand.
Yeah, THE EXPERIENCE.

Though, who can really put a price on experiencing 900 p?

Personally I feel like I got my moneys worth, I played so much of the beta, then the 10 hours of early access, then still bought it so I got a lot of time out of it. I think the big thing was it has more mode variety then a lot of mp games, a lot of shooters don't launch with a super amount of maps, I believe it had like the same amount as Halo 5 did originally give or take, then the little missions which are okay at best (survival is probably the best, especially with 2 people), I understand though it doesn't have a huge amount of content, but a lot of multiplayer games usually do rely on the replayibility, and to me for some reason it pulled me in, I'll definitely still hop on here and there. So I guess to me it feels kind of similar to a lot of modern shooters, the old Battlefronts didn't have many modes at all.
True, but the old Battlefronts had more modes than this one and it has also been 10 years since those released. Conquest, Hunt, CTF, Assault, Space Assault, and Space CTF. Sure, they're pretty much the same match types in different environments, but that's the same thing that the current Battlefront does, it just doesn't do them as well. After spending time with other FPS games lately, I just don't feel like Battlefront stacks up at all. It's like they didn't even try. There has to be some juicy dev info about what they had originally planned to do with it, because it seems so barebones that it seems crazy to think that a developer themselves would decide to put out a game so light on content. I'm not trying to attack the game or anything, it just didn't have a lasting appeal for me. Sure, I probably got my money's worth out of it, but it's not something I'll probably be going back to until long after all of the DLC has been released.

As for modern shooters, I haven't played any Battlefield since Bad Company 2, so I don't know if those usually feel like they have little content, but looking at other shooters at release (Titanfall, Halo 5, Killzone: Shadowfall, Call of Duty) they all generally have more actual game content than Battlefront does. That's just my one nitpick about the game. I really liked the time I spent with it, my only problem is that it feels like it's a skeleton or a super early build whenever I try playing it back to back with Halo 5.

I'm glad you like it, though! Do you have it on the Bone? If so, we should play sometime. You can even streeeeam it!

I need to set aside more time to play Fallout 4. Pokemon Blue has really been taking up all my gaming time since Saturday.

True, but the old Battlefronts had more modes than this one and it has also been 10 years since those released. Conquest, Hunt, CTF, Assault, Space Assault, and Space CTF. Sure, they're pretty much the same match types in different environments, but that's the same thing that the current Battlefront does, it just doesn't do them as well. After spending time with other FPS games lately, I just don't feel like Battlefront stacks up at all. It's like they didn't even try. There has to be some juicy dev info about what they had originally planned to do with it, because it seems so barebones that it seems crazy to think that a developer themselves would decide to put out a game so light on content. I'm not trying to attack the game or anything, it just didn't have a lasting appeal for me. Sure, I probably got my money's worth out of it, but it's not something I'll probably be going back to until long after all of the DLC has been released.

As for modern shooters, I haven't played any Battlefield since Bad Company 2, so I don't know if those usually feel like they have little content, but looking at other shooters at release (Titanfall, Halo 5, Killzone: Shadowfall, Call of Duty) they all generally have more actual game content than Battlefront does. That's just my one nitpick about the game. I really liked the time I spent with it, my only problem is that it feels like it's a skeleton or a super early build whenever I try playing it back to back with Halo 5.

I'm glad you like it, though! Do you have it on the Bone? If so, we should play sometime. You can even streeeeam it!
The new one has more modes then that though doesn't it? Fighter Squadron, Supremacy, Cargo, Droid Run, Walker Assault, Blast, Drop Zone, Heroes VS Villains, Hero Hunt, Turning Point, Survival; CTF in the old Battlefronts weren't very fun, it was pretty much 90% of the online servers all being Conquest anyways, hunt was a lot of fun though (as were the space battles in 2). I will agree that the old ones easily did better with different environments/planets though.

I play most shooters day one or close to it, and I don't know it seems like it has around the same, I'm like 90% sure Battlefront has more content then Titanfall did at launch by quite a bit, that was super barebones as well, but now it has way more modes, maps, the card market, etc; all added after launch though.

But yeah, I have it on X1 so I'd definitely be down for playing it sometime, I'm still debating about the season pass when the first pack comes out or later because I want all of the things and to be able to make sure I can play them when they are active.

EDIT: Just checked some launch modes/playlists to see

Titanfall: 5 (6 playlists since mixed mode)

Halo 5: 8 (2 only being in the mixed mode, so 6 playlists)

Halo MCC: 9 playlists (Obviously this has way more modes/maps, but just looking at online playlists)

Battlefield 4: 7 (2 of them being deathmatches, squad and team)

Battlefield Hardline: 7

Garden Warfare 1: 3 (4 playlists + horde, since they had a noob level one and then classic variants and mixed mode)

Garden Warfare 2: 5 (7 playlists + horde, again has a noob mode and a mixed mode)

Killzone Shadow Fall: 8? ( Had to look online to find, didn't play this)

Battlefront: 9 (Then Survival/Missions)

I have no idea with the CoD's since looking online isn't as easy since they have so many modes, I'm not sure how many playlists they launch with, but I know they double down with the standard and hardcore ones.

There's like 2 ads at all times tops, 1 sponsored and 1 directly from MS, and they are pretty much for game things/offers, so it's not that many. Also I don't see the difference between having to scroll to the bottom (Xbox One, protip RT brings you straight to your pins/the my games button) compared to having to scroll all the way to the right (PS4).
Why would I scroll all the way to the right? It's always on what I want when I turn it on.

I don't really have some other gig, but I talk to you and Crotch like every day anyways, and so many of the other people have vanished from the GGT. I do miss Joel who's still around though.

I mean do you want to go, you could come visit and stay at my apartment and we could go see it in San Francisco (I think it happens the day after my birthday).

I didn't say you paid full price I said you paid for a full game.

Just because you paid for a game at a lower price then what they valued it at doesn't detract from the fact that they valued it at that price.

I don't really have some other gig, but I talk to you and Crotch like every day anyways, and so many of the other people have vanished from the GGT. I do miss Joel who's still around though.
We do pretty much talk everyday, don't we?

Even on days when I don't go to school.

I mean do you want to go, you could come visit and stay at my apartment and we could go see it in San Francisco (I think it happens the day after my birthday).
Wow, look at this quality friendship.

Wish I had examples of things like this from other people.

People that I offered to send my copy of Infinte Undiscovery to.

People that I offered to buy RE6 for.

People that I'm willing to go to a Miku concert for.

You got me. 

I love you, Indigdawg. I'd let you stay at my apartment in nowhere, Kansas.

Also, hi, Icebeezy! I miss you all the time!

Nintendo's support of the New 3DS is hilarious.  I'm getting all of those new Kirby amiibo.

I'll probably just grab Waddle Dee like I did with Toad since the ones from Smash should have the same in game features. They do look nice though.
The fact that they look nice is my whole thing. Plus, I gotta get that new Meta Knight and Dedede! Woooo!

Pretty great that the old 3DS is not getting SNES games, we all know it can't handle them I guess :D
Hmmm, this might give me a reason to finally play through Earthbound again.

I started Dragon Quest Heroes yesterday (because I needed something fairly mindless when I wasn't up to focusing on a game) it's fairly cool so far, the English voice acting is kind of hilarious (especially the slime).

I started Dragon Quest Heroes yesterday (because I needed something fairly mindless when I wasn't up to focusing on a game) it's fairly cool so far, the English voice acting is kind of hilarious (especially the slime).
I haven't played a super lot yet, but it's a fun game for sure, the voice acting is pretty great.

What does that make me?

I understand.
I just looked at the dates and the Miku concert is on the day I leave from Cali. I would have gone had I been leaving the day after.

By the by, I bought a Cali ticket for April 21st to the 30th. Nowhere near you, unfortunately. I'm landing in LA. :(

Z9u5Au0.png

Today has been difficult. Been trying to find a new job and pretty much everywhere has been passing me up because of my employment gap when I was helping my family. Shit really hurts. I'm done with school, no schools in my area are hiring, and because of my job history pretty much nobody seems to want to give me a job. Shit is depressing.

I miss the easier days. The days where we'd all play games and post a trillion times a minute in the GGT. Those were fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back