Xbox One Game Streaming on Win 10

jmbreci

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Anyone else catch this blub from AMD yesterday?  The last line is interesting.

http://www.amd.com/en-us/press-releases/Pages/amd-enhances-its-2016mar01.aspx

Setting a new APU Standard, the new AMD A10-7890K is the fastest AMD desktop APU released to date, with 1.02 TFLOPS of theoretical compute performance4,6. This new processor has been paired with the top-of-the-line AMD Wraith Cooler to deliver a high-performance combination, enabling best-in-class online gaming5, while offering near silent operation for a premium experience. Gamers will be able to enjoy playing the most popular online and eSports games right out of the box on high settings with the new AMD A10-7890K APU, which is capable of providing smooth frame rates in some of the most popular online games like League of Legends®, DOTA2, and Counter Strike®: Global Offensive1. AMD APUs combine the power of AMD processors with the performance of discrete Radeon™ R7 class graphics in one convenient SoC, and support DirectX™ 12, OpenGL, Vulkan™, and FreeSync™ in addition to Microsoft® Xbox One™ game streaming on Windows® 10.

That's something you can already do. They probably mention it as a feature because yeah, it is a feature I guess, but my integrated Intel chip can do the same thing on my laptop. Not much power required there, clearly.

Speaking of Xbox streaming. Does anyone have an issue where the app crashes constantly when trying to stream? My tests work great but every time I try to stream a game or watch video it crashes. I have an AMD 7950 and my inclination is that there's a video setting causing the crash but I can't figure out what it is. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

bread's done
Back