The Division $34.99 with Game Trade In - Gamestop 3/7-3/20

mchittumjr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
The follow titles are eligible 

division_trade_list.jpg

I guess it's decent if you REALLY want The Division and want your money back on games you're done with (a few of these titles have hit $25, specifically the 3DS ones). But some of them are absolute rips.

Seriously... GameStop is just the fucking worst. I wonder if you get the awesome 1000 PUR points, that are worth a dollar, with this??
$34.99 and some of the games they are taking are pretty old. I dont go to GS but, i think you are over reacting a bit.

So 25 trade in. There are a few games there where that's an ok TIV

But this is a Ubisoft game so it will be 39.99 at Best Buy before you know it

$34.99 and some of the games they are taking are pretty old. I dont go to GS but, i think you are over reacting a bit.
No, no. You dont understand. This is CAG. We expect to pay less than $5 for all new games, we expect to trade them back for full retail, and we expect every company to exist on zero profit.

its a bit weird seeing so many 3ds and wii u titles in there... I guess Division is rated PG13 but I figure mostly adults are gonna be playing it, its like Gamestop is telling dads and big brothers to yank pokemon out of their kids and little brothers hands and go trade it in for a discount on Division.

Pokemon Platinum -- 7.5 years old!

Xenoblade Chronicles -- almost 6 years old!

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn -- over 9 years old!
Xenoblade and Fire Emblem: RD i think were really low print runs so likely why they still hold value. Didn't GS try and sell Xenoblade for like $90 last year? ppl made a big stink about it but defenders were saying, that's the going price on ebay so it seems logical.

I'm surprised Starwars Battlefront isn't on that list, it currently trades for $22 at GS.

Yeah, it's not an INCREDIBLE deal but it's hardly the best example of Gamestop being pricks. If I actually owned...I dunno...Captain Toad Treasure Tracker or that piece of shit Deadpool game, this is a decent offer.

I've seen Dying Light go for $14.99 on GameFly before. This is a great deal if you got that to match up with this (if you really wanted this game).

Xenoblade and Fire Emblem: RD i think were really low print runs so likely why they still hold value. Didn't GS try and sell Xenoblade for like $90 last year? ppl made a big stink about it but defenders were saying, that's the going price on ebay so it seems logical.

I'm surprised Starwars Battlefront isn't on that list, it currently trades for $22 at GS.
People made a big stink about the Xeno because GS was the only supplier of new copies and they were likely opening the new copies to jack up the price by $30.

If you have GCU, I'd bet you could trade in any of these games and easily be below $34.99 (if you pre-order and count the $10 reward, you're already at $37.99).

People made a big stink about the Xeno because GS was the only supplier of new copies and they were likely opening the new copies to jack up the price by $30.
I didn't know that and I can totally see them doing that.

I really hate that GS always has an open copy of a game and sell it as new. It sucks when it's last copy...and it's OOS everywhere else.

I almost laughed because Bravely Default is on that list and I got it for cheap. Then I looked at the prices on Amazon... didn't realize that game held its retail value so well, shit!!!

Also just a reminder since Madden 16 is on the list, if you're planning on picking up Madden 17 I'd suggest hanging onto Madden 16.  EA/Best Buy usually do a deal in August on the new Madden where you get a sweet trade-in deal.  I think after trading in Madden 15 and GCU, Madden 16 last year cost me around $11 out of pocket on release day.  

Or you could preorder it from Best Buy, use GCU and get it for essentially $38 without having to trade in ANY games.

Between GCU and Amazon Prime 20% discount the only reason why you'd buy it from GameStop is because you want to get a physical disc for midnight release. Or because you don't have either membership and have credit out the ying yang.

Since I only have Tuesday off I'm going for midnight release and 24 hour it...should probably stock up on energy drinks in that case.

Yeah, it's not an INCREDIBLE deal but it's hardly the best example of Gamestop being pricks. If I actually owned...I dunno...Captain Toad Treasure Tracker or that piece of shit Deadpool game, this is a decent offer.
Who would trade in a first party Nintendo game which hold their value extremely well for an online only Ubisoft game that'll be discounted within a month or two of release?

Who would trade in a first party Nintendo game which hold their value extremely well for an online only Ubisoft game that'll be discounted within a month or two of release?
I was more banking on them realizing that owning Captain Toad was a mistake.

Maybe because some people look at games not as investments, but as items to be experienced and enjoyed. So why hold onto an older game you've played the hell out already when you can ditch it for an online only Ubisoft game that appeals to you and will be at it's busiest/freshest at launch and not a month or two down the line.
Granted, I'm not one of those lunatics, but I've heard tell they exist.

If your looking to trade in games to help purchase the division or any new game. Go to hastings. They offer hella of good trade in prices on games. Rainbow six seige is $40.25 trade in. so would only be $19.75 out of pockets plus tax.

anyways few others titles with trade in of $40.25.

call of duty black ops 3

call of duty advanced warfare

madden 16

dying light

grand theft auto V 

just to name a few

Lol, this deal is terrible. After all the discounts and rewards points, GCU members are paying $37.99 + tax. Please don't give your money to GS.

To trade or not to trade is the decision... it does not require post after post of people bashing the deal posted and or company offering the promotion..

Time to get off you high horses people its only a game and its only a retail location with an offer..

To trade or not to trade is the decision... it does not require post after post of people bashing the deal posted and or company offering the promotion..

Time to get off you high horses people its only a game and its only a retail location with an offer..
Some people don't have GCU, realize what a deal it is if they purchase more than ~3 games in 2 years, or how much of a crappy deal this is. We're trying to get them more bang for their buck.

Some people don't have GCU, realize what a deal it is if they purchase more than ~3 games in 2 years, or how much of a crappy deal this is. We're trying to get them more bang for their buck.
Ultimately its up to the person if they want to go with this its their choice they dont need people supposedly trying to get them the most bang for the buck...

I was more banking on them realizing that owning Captain Toad was a mistake.
Yeeeeah. Toad's Treasure Tracker is one of my most fun games to throw in and play for a few minutes. I bought it when it originally released and I've gotten TONS of mileage out of it. I have very limited game time any more, so I choose intentionally when and what I want to play. This game is great and I recommend it to others regularly.

Treasure Tracker has both solid critic and user scores across the Internet. Everyone seems to love it. Why would it be a mistake owning it?

Ultimately its up to the person if they want to go with this its their choice they dont need people supposedly trying to get them the most bang for the buck...
But they need you, huh?

Because I have definitely seen people on this site post "Oh damn I would've done X differently if I knew about this" or "I wish I would've seen this post earlier and saved an extra X dollars".

But they need you, huh?

Because I have definitely seen people on this site post "Oh damn I would've done X differently if I knew about this" or "I wish I would've seen this post earlier and saved an extra X dollars".
Saying it as in Öh they need me is no different then saying they need you.... People have minds they can use them accordingly

Saying it as in Öh they need me is no different then saying they need you.... People have minds they can use them accordingly
You're not giving the community enough credit. It's not every man for himself (usually). This is a site for people to get great deals on video games. And some people are going to call out crap deals to help others get the one worth the most money. In the end they can do w/e they want, but it's about helping the community. If you don't want to be a part of it, then good for you.

bread's done
Back