Weird Playstation 2 Problem (Sees Discs, won't read them)

Marbles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I have three Playstation 2s, one of each model type (Fat, Slim, Super Slim)

Well I went to test the Super Slim (was thinking of selling it) only to find out the system will not play discs.

It'll recognize a CD or DVD has been put into the system, it will then load the disc like normal. The "Playstation 2" logo flashes on the screen then it jumps immediately back to the dashboard.

What's going on?
The Model 1 (Fat) and 2 (Slim) still work perfectly but not the super slim.

It's a top-loader, right? Those can have issues where the lid won't close properly, affecting whether or not the disk plays. Putting a decently-sized hardcover book (about the size of a novel; nothing too heavy like a textbook) on top of the lid after it's been closed should help keep it in place.

Not sure if that's what's going on here, but it's worth a try.

It's a top-loader, right? Those can have issues where the lid won't close properly, affecting whether or not the disk plays. Putting a decently-sized hardcover book (about the size of a novel; nothing too heavy like a textbook) on top of the lid after it's been closed should help keep it in place.

Not sure if that's what's going on here, but it's worth a try.
It's the super small top loader.

Tried two games.. I'll try again in a bit.

So this is weird.

I decided to just hook it up and give it a try.. works fine.

I was afraid it was because the power cord was 3A 125V (The official cord is 7A 125V), but it's working fine.

My slim model however wasn't working at all, then after about 15minutes of being set up seems to be working again as well.

So.. what is going on?

Last edited by a moderator:
So this is weird.

I decided to just hook it up and give it a try.. works fine.

I was afraid it was because the power cord was 3A 125V (The official cord is 7A 125V), but it's working fine.

My slim model however wasn't working at all, then after about 15minutes of being set up seems to be working again as well.

So.. what is going on?
mgc.gif

But in all seriousness, I have no idea why. Good to hear it works now though. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back