Free Darksiders 2 definitive ed. upgrade for regular ed. owners PC ONLY

MusePrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (99%)
So I might be slow to the show. But I remember that a lot of gamers who owned Darksiders 1 & 2 wouldn't get the the remaster for free unless it was the collection bundle. 

Apparently there was a confirmed website by nordic that if you owned Darksiders 2 and all the DLC you'd get the Definitive edition for free.  I can confirm that you get the Deathfinitive edition if you own DS2 and the DLC. Not sure if you get the DLC if you just own the game. 

Also looks like Darksiders 2 and the all the DLC except for the soundtrack has been removed. The Deathfinitive edition takes it place. 

http://steamcommunit...39692084930/#p1

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up, worked for me:

You own Darksiders II
You own the Darksiders II Season Pass
You own the Darksiders II Arguls Tomb DLC
You own the Darksiders II The Abyssal Forge DLC
You own the Darksiders II The Demon Lord Belial DLC

Grant successfull! You now have access to Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition.

So I might be slow to the show. But I remember that a lot of gamers who owned Darksiders 1 & 2 wouldn't get the the remaster for free unless it was the collection bundle.

Apparently there was a confirmed website by nordic that if you owned Darksiders 2 and all the DLC you'd get the Definitive edition for free. I can confirm that you get the Deathfinitive edition if you own DS2 and the DLC. Not sure if you get the DLC if you just own the game.

Also looks like Darksiders 2 and the all the DLC except for the soundtrack has been removed. The Deathfinitive edition takes it place.

http://steamcommunit...39692084930/#p1
Thank you for the heads up! Totally works, I was slightly upset that after buying all of it they came out with an "better" version. You're a bro.

Says I already owned the Deathinitive Edition.  When did that happen?  

Steam says I spent $6 on it on 11/8.  Eh, I probably did. 

"You own Darksiders II
You own the Darksiders II Season Pass
You own the Darksiders II Arguls Tomb DLC
You own the Darksiders II The Abyssal Forge DLC
You own the Darksiders II The Demon Lord Belial DLC

You already own Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition. Enjoy playing it!"
Lol oh steam. I had no idea

Says I already owned the Deathinitive Edition. When did that happen?

Steam says I spent $6 on it on 11/8. Eh, I probably did.
I know a friend a mine purchased it back then but only as gift. But he got it for free and sold his gift to another buddy who didn't have Dk 2. Sorry to hear that thought. Kinda lame that this didn't broadcast out.

Thanks.

But isnt the Deathinitive port bad or something?
The fixes were patched which mainly people had issues with the game crashing. But it was fixed. The real reason people were sour was because Nordic was only giving Darksiders 2 DE away for free to those who had purchased the Darksiders Collection. And didn't extend that to those who didn't have purchased Collection edition but they did own all the Darksiders games and DLC.

The only thing you got was an 80% discount on Darksiders 2 DE. BUT NOW you get it for free for just owning the Darksiders 2 original and all of the DLC.

Which in sense that if you own everything why shouldn't you get an upgrade for free right.

(SIDE BAR Deep Silver is dropping the Dead Island Definitive edition next month for 39.99 with no exception those who own the whole series already.) These Definitive edition aren't any hard task for the developers to create no does it take them a lot of time. Its a smoke screen to make a delay or for obvious reason make a quick buck. I believe that If you own all the whole collection for good business towards your consumers . That the consumers should be awarded the HD upgrade for free or at a really reasonable discount.

I personally think Nordic did do somewhat alright by awarding consumers who owned all the entire DK series via collection for free but not awarding those who owned the entire DK series not via collection just a discount and not for free was lame. 

But I not sure how long this offers has existed but again consumers had to search for it. So hopefully not to many people upgraded for $6 bucks and we're able to benefit from Nordic change of mind

I know a friend a mine purchased it back then but only as gift. But he got it for free and sold his gift to another buddy who didn't have Dk 2. Sorry to hear that thought. Kinda lame that this didn't broadcast out.
It's alright, I remember thinking that $6 was a good price for it. I also didn't own all of the DLC when I checked.

Thanks, I bought this awhile ago from an Amazon bundle deal.  Well now to beat Darksiders and everything I got backlogged now.

Thanks, I bought this awhile ago from an Amazon bundle deal. Well now to beat Darksiders and everything I got backlogged now.
Hey heads up for anyone who was able to get in on this. I didn't know this before. But DK2 and DK2 DE are two separate titles. As DK2 is completely Delisted unlike other titles that have Definitive edition like Sleeping Dogs which the original and the DE is available. Wow pretty ummm well kinda shady.

Dooh!

I bought Darksiders 1,2 and the 2 Season pass for $12 back in 2012, but never activated any of it.

Reading the notes from the company, you needed to activate before Nov 5th to get it for free.

Dooh!

I bought Darksiders 1,2 and the 2 Season pass for $12 back in 2012, but never activated any of it.

Reading the notes from the company, you needed to activate before Nov 5th to get it for free.
Gah that sucks man. I'm sorry to hear that. I mentioned earlier in this thread that a friend of mine had purchase the DE for $6 bucks awhile back but left in his gift inventory. Lucky for him when he got this info. Sold his gift for the face value he paid for the DE.

The game is fine. What's really interesting is that it's two separate downloads for the DE and DK2 (Which is delisted). Well if you or know someone who is looking for DK2 I also have a gifted DE for sale or preferably trade.

Dooh!

Hey I went back to the board so two things. 1 you should just activate it and then go back to the page and see what happens. And 2nd if you don't get it shoot nordic an email maybe since they are doing some effort to make good with their consumer fan base they might hook you up.

Hey I went back to the board so two things. 1 you should just activate it and then go back to the page and see what happens. And 2nd if you don't get it shoot nordic an email maybe since they are doing some effort to make good with their consumer fan base they might hook you up.
This. Never hurts to try.

Site has been up since late November and this whole situation had been discussed at length in the Steam/PC thread. yeah yeah I know you guys don't check there

Just in case anybody needs it, Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition redeem site comes online.

http://ds2dekeyredeem.nordicgames.at/

Users who own the following DLC’s are eligible for the free Deathinitive Edition version.

Darksiders 2 and the Season Pass

or

Darksiders 2 and all the following DLC’s: Argul's Tomb, The Abyssal Forge, The Demon Lord Belial.
Basically it was the result of a few weeks of multiple people getting out the pitchforks and screaming at Nordic when they only gave this edition to some people who owned the games and DLC but not all.

The crux of the issue was that they originally only gave to people who owned a very specific collection, namely one that was created after the Nordic buyout. They never admitted to it, but reading between the lines it seems they did not want to give it to the people who previously bought the game and DLC while under THQ.

The Nordic rep initially blamed Valve saying they couldn't set it up to check the owners of the game and DLC piecemeal and give it to them (although it seems that had been done before by Valve for other games). When people suggested they create a site the Nordic rep originally claimed they didn't have the resources to do it like it was some huge deal to do (it's not) but people kept hammering away and they finally caved and created that site at the end of November last year. Clearly they didn't publicize this well if so many people who hadn't been following the situation didn't know about it.

In this instance I think they really had no choice because they already gave it to some owners but not all. In other instances the publisher or developer just refuses to give the patched enhanced edition and there's nothing people can really do.

Is there a trick to doing this? When I go to the link I am told this:

Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition Redeem

Welcome comp9! ( SteamUserID: [MYIDHERE] )
You own Darksiders II

And that's it, nothing more happens. I checked my game and it is still just Darksiders II with Crucible Pass as the only DLC.

I was reading some that claim to only have regular end up getting all the DLC for the regular game when they do this, or even end up with the definitive edition.

Site has been up since late November and this whole situation had been discussed at length in the Steam/PC thread. yeah yeah I know you guys don't check there

Basically it was the result of a few weeks of multiple people getting out the pitchforks and screaming at Nordic when they only gave this edition to some people who owned the games and DLC but not all.

The crux of the issue was that they originally only gave to people who owned a very specific collection, namely one that was created after the Nordic buyout. They never admitted to it, but reading between the lines it seems they did not want to give it to the people who previously bought the game and DLC while under THQ.

The Nordic rep initially blamed Valve saying they couldn't set it up to check the owners of the game and DLC piecemeal and give it to them (although it seems that had been done before by Valve for other games). When people suggested they create a site the Nordic rep originally claimed they didn't have the resources to do it like it was some huge deal to do (it's not) but people kept hammering away and they finally caved and created that site at the end of November last year. Clearly they didn't publicize this well if so many people who hadn't been following the situation didn't know about it.

In this instance I think they really had no choice because they already gave it to some owners but not all. In other instances the publisher or developer just refuses to give the patched enhanced edition and there's nothing people can really do.
I really hate that saying lol...(PieceMeal)

I only had the base game, but was able to find a cd key online for about $7. The key still activated on Steam and was able to get the DE version for free.

Oh, cool. I bought it a long time ago and never got around to playing it, but it might be a good time to start.

bread's done
Back