Used 2DS $59.99 @ Gamestop.com Available in MOST COLORS

I'm not really much of a handheld gamer, but I usually have an hour at work when I don't have anything to do.  I've tried playing some phone games but I hate them.  Has anyone had any problems with a refurbished 2ds/3ds? Or should I get a Vita if I'm more of an RPG fan?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not really much of a handheld gamer, but I usually have an hour at work when I don't have anything to do. I've tried playing some phone games but I hate them. Has anyone had any problems with a refurbished 2ds/3ds? Or should I get a Vita if I'm more of an RPG fan?
I know that there are a bunch of jrpg's available on vita. The ps vita deals thread is always talking about rpgs

I'm not really much of a handheld gamer, but I usually have an hour at work when I don't have anything to do. I've tried playing some phone games but I hate them. Has anyone had any problems with a refurbished 2ds/3ds? Or should I get a Vita if I'm more of an RPG fan?
For your use I might consider a cheap psp.

I know that there are a bunch of jrpg's available on vita. The ps vita deals thread is always talking about rpgs
For your use I might consider a cheap psp.
Surprisingly, PSPs aren't really all that cheap unless you find one at a thriftstore or on craigslist-type locations. They're also prone to problems.

You may be better off with one of these 2DSs or spending more for a Vita, depending on your taste. Some decent 3DS JRPS (that are playable on the 2DS--Xenoblade cannot be played on it) are:

Rune Factory 4
Tales of the Abyss
Bravely Default (there’s a sequel coming out next month too)

SMT Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker
SMT Soul Hackers
Legend of Legacy
Etrian Odyssey series

Some Targets had the Red and Blue 2DS on clearance for half off a couple of months back. Got a bunch of them as gifts for $49.98 a piece. I think the DPCIs were 207-01-0301 and 207-01-0302

Whoops it was 207-01-0300 for the blue and 0301 for red. Still $49.98 priced at a couple stores.

The child in me who was constantly denied the awesome clear Game Boys really wants to get one of the clear 2DSes, but I'd never use it thanks to already owning four different 3DS models. I have tons of credit thanks to that 50% trade in promo, though. Must... resist...

I was wondering about other opinions on this. I'm also a little anti-ds since 2 DSi's I had broke from just being closed normally.  That being said, I have a 3DS XL that I never play so I don't need this.

I was wondering about other opinions on this. I'm also a little anti-ds since 2 DSi's I had broke from just being closed normally. That being said, I have a 3DS XL that I never play so I don't need this.
I don't know if the DSi's quality had issues, but if they are built as sturdy as other DS models, you were probably slamming the lid down entirely too hard. I've had a DS, DS Lite, and 3DS original and have never had an issue even though I close my lids quite hard

just show them it on their phone, and if they question it, see if they will check the store for in stock, most of the them won't take the time.

They get a bit cheaper and I might get a second one.  Another "2DS is the better 3DS" vote as it's comfortable to hold.  Battery life still sucks. :/

I got one of these for no reason lol, merely as a backup. But red is one of my favorite colors and I don't think Nintendo is going to make any more crystal ones.

bread's done
Back