Flash Season 1, Arrow S2 & S3, Gotham S1 Blu-Rays $14.99 each with $8 Batman v Superman money

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Right now Best Buy has a bunch of DC stuff with $8 movie money (eCash certificate) on it for Batman v Superman, but the most notables are Flash Season 1, Gotham S1, Arrow S2 & S3 on Blu-Ray which are also on sale for $14.99.

Blu-Rays do come with UltraViolet digital copies as well. Good deal if you're interested in owning those seasons and also plan to go to Bats v Supes in a couple of weeks too. 

Flash Season 1

Arrow Season 2

Arrow Season 3

Gotham Season 1

Last edited by a moderator:
These are all pretty much as low-priced as all of these have gone, even looking back at the past BF pricing.   That they come with $8 movie money for BvS make this a better deal.

I'm hoping so much it's not Fandango. Hate how they charge a fee for each ticket purchased.

Debating whether to buy Flash season 1. Hate buying individual seasons of TV shows since I told myself it's better to wait to get the complete collection once the series end. Will wait for the reviews of the movie to come out because the trailers haven't made want to watch the movie. If it turns out to be a great movie, the scrappy trailers sure isn't doing it justice.

Movie money appears to be a certificate. Haven't redeemed mine yet but based on language it should just be one of the print offs that is basically a one-time use credit card. Not Fandango. 

If you go to a lot of movie an AMC is local to you, totally worth AMC stubs. $12 a year and don't pay Fandango fees anymore. 

One issue that makes this not such a good deal - it isn't going to be in 3-D, therefore, unless you go at night or attend an IMAX/Xtreme Screen showing, your ticket will not be the full $8.

Also, the theater nearest me is an Xscape. Can anyone confirm if they are (or are not) among the participating theater chains?

One issue that makes this not such a good deal - it isn't going to be in 3-D, therefore, unless you go at night or attend an IMAX/Xtreme Screen showing, your ticket will not be the full $8.

Also, the theater nearest me is an Xscape. Can anyone confirm if they are (or are not) among the participating theater chains?
Where are you watching movies at? The matinee at my local Regal is like $12. The only time a showing is below $8 (near me) is between 4 and 5:30 at the local Carmike where all showings are $5.75. Which makes it free - so still a great deal.

Where are you watching movies at? The matinee at my local Regal is like $12. The only time a showing is below $8 (near me) is between 4 and 5:30 at the local Carmike where all showings are $5.75. Which makes it free - so still a great deal.
Unless you shoplift the movie, $16.00 (slightly more or less, depending on your sales tax rate) - $8.00 = $8.00, which is a great deal. 16.00 - 5.75 = $10.25, which is good, but not as good as $8.00.

Unless you shoplift the movie, $16.00 (slightly more or less, depending on your sales tax rate) - $8.00 = $8.00, which is a great deal. 16.00 - 5.75 = $10.25, which is good, but not as good as $8.00.
AMC around here does $5.75 early shows (like the shows before 11 AM-Noon). Even still, two tickets (usually go with a friend or the girlfriend) is like $12, and AMC always lets me use that $8 towards the total so I'd wind up paying like $4 for two tickets with an $8 pass.

That said, if I can't make an early Saturday or Sunday showing tickets are like $12 each.

I purchased two movies through this promotion and got two unique codes, but when I go to enter them online it says that they are invalid. I know on the sticker it says that the code isn't valid until 3/25, but I have heard a lot of other people got their codes to work already. Is anyone else having the same problem? I would hate to wait until 3/25 for the codes to still not work.

I don't suppose this deal will still be around next week?
With the moving coming out next Friday there's a good chance that it'll stay valid until then (that is what they are promoting after all), but it's also already been live for a week so really hard to say.

I purchased two movies through this promotion and got two unique codes, but when I go to enter them online it says that they are invalid. I know on the sticker it says that the code isn't valid until 3/25, but I have heard a lot of other people got their codes to work already. Is anyone else having the same problem? I would hate to wait until 3/25 for the codes to still not work.
I bought one of these Blu's a couple of weeks ago and redeemed the code online last week without any problems. I actually purchased a few tickets to the movie last night, with one of them being paid for with the code!

I don't suppose this deal will still be around next week?
The prices aren't guaranteed but all the titles with the BvS ticket will be staying around for quite awhile. The end cap that has them right now won't change until mid-April and even more titles are being added to another section on Sunday.

The prices aren't guaranteed but all the titles with the BvS ticket will be staying around for quite awhile. The end cap that has them right now won't change until mid-April and even more titles are being added to another section on Sunday.
Any idea what those titles are? There's a handful of DC Animated movies I don't have yet and this deal would warrant picking up one or two.

Any idea what those titles are? There's a handful of DC Animated movies I don't have yet and this deal would warrant picking up one or two.
Never mind what I said. The end cap and prices are all good until 4/9. We had a box from WB in the back that said 3/20 set for some reason but it was more of the stuff that was already out.

Man thanks OP, but so rage filled! Dropped $45 on 3 seasons i didn't really need only to find out that the eCash can only be redeemed after 4/1 and until 4/17. So then I had to spend another $31 for tickets this Saturday..

Man thanks OP, but so rage filled! Dropped $45 on 3 seasons i didn't really need only to find out that the eCash can only be redeemed after 4/1 and until 4/17. So then I had to spend another $31 for tickets this Saturday..
Terms on the sticker say "code and e-movie cash certificate valid from 3/25/16 - 4/17/16." Just redeemed a code without any issue and the certificate says valid 3/25/16-4/17/16.

Where did you see that it isn't valid until after 4/1? If your local theater is saying that they may not understand what the e-movie cash certificate is. It's not a "pass" it's basically a one time use credit card number good for up to $8. They are still getting paid that money.

Never mind what I said. The end cap and prices are all good until 4/9. We had a box from WB in the back that said 3/20 set for some reason but it was more of the stuff that was already out.
It's good prices are good until 4/9. I want to wait for reviews when the movie comes out this weekend to see if it's a hit or a flop. Only if it's a hit will I pick up some blurays.

Has the animated Batman:The Dark Knight Returns ever been lower than $11.99?

From I can tell, the reviews are basically "DC Fanboys will love it. Everybody else? Probably not."

The biggest issue is apparently the editing. Every review I've read/watched has called the movie sloppy.

From I can tell, the reviews are basically "DC Fanboys will love it. Everybody else? Probably not."

The biggest issue is apparently the editing. Every review I've read/watched has called the movie sloppy.
I expect it to be a mess. Which is why I decided that I'd go see it for no extra cost to myself while buying some DC TV which has been killing it (Flash and Arrow).

I don't have any must-have blurays to get although Batman:The Dark Knight Returns looks interesting and although I already own Watchmen already, $6.99 for the steelbook is an ok deal.

I feel all the TV trailers for this movie is weak while a much longer trailer I watched on a DVD I borrowed from the library makes it look more interesting.  I have no doubt the visuals for this movie (although I hate the darkness of everything) will be stunning and the action will be over-the-top.  But whether or not the story makes sense without huge holes in it as to why Batman and Superman would even fight.  It also looks like it's devoid of humor which is customary for a movie from this director.

Even though seasons 2 and 3 of Arrow said they were supposed to be bluray/DVD my copies are bluray only. Am I missing something?
Didn't notice that on the listing. That's totally incorrect on Best Buy's part. Don't think there's any version of Arrow season 3 that has both.

That's a completely fair "angry letter" to best buy if you bought it expecting/wanting both.

Didn't notice that on the listing. That's totally incorrect on Best Buy's part. Don't think there's any version of Arrow season 3 that has both.

That's a completely fair "angry letter" to best buy if you bought it expecting/wanting both.
The listing definitely says both for seasons 2 & 3. I bought season 1 as well but that only listed bluray so I knew what to expect with that.

The listing definitely says both for seasons 2 & 3. I bought season 1 as well but that only listed bluray so I knew what to expect with that.
To clarify I'm saying I didn't even noticed that it said DVD on the listing. You're right it does. I'm agreeing that Best Buy made a mistake.

Regal has been raising prices lately again with some weird totals like x.80   or x.30  for their concessions or movie tickets to like xx.40   then adding sales tax on top of that...when they didn't before.  

Regal has been raising prices lately again with some weird totals like x.80 or x.30 for their concessions or movie tickets to like xx.40 then adding sales tax on top of that...when they didn't before.
Yeah, for some reason the local Regals are now selling tickets for $12.10. I guess that extra dime really helps the bottom line now.

So how is the eCash/movie money given out? Is it inside or on the actual packaging for these Blu-ray sets or does Best Buy give you the code themselves?

I see the prices are still live on the items, but the Best Buy website says nothing about the promotion. I'd gladly use my $15 in reward certificates to pick up 1 of those sets and get $8 knocked off my movie ticket this weekend if that's still possible.

Thanks. After posting that, I figured out that Best Buy does list the movie cash versions separately. It's just that the OP contains links to the versions without movie cash.

Thanks. After posting that, I figured out that Best Buy does list the movie cash versions separately. It's just that the OP contains links to the versions without movie cash.
Just double checked all the links and they are all version that list "With Movie Reward" in the title.

Great prices, but just can't pull the trigger since they are all available on Netflix too.
Trust, they won't be on Netflix for long. The amount of tv shows and movies on Netflix over recent years. Main reason is that most networks won't renew their contract with Netflix when it's up so they either move to Hulu or the more recent trend, start their own streaming service which is what Time Warner (which owns CW) is rumored to be considering. That's why even though the seasons to my favorite shows may be on Netflix I still buy the blu-ray copy so I can have forever.

Even my 9 year son asked me the other day when I bought The Flash season 1 why I'm buying it if it's on Netflix. I explained it to him and he's like "oh, is that why Transformers (The classic 80's version) isn't on Netflix anymore?" lol

bread's done
Back