10 Cloverfield Lane (Movie)

ITDEFX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
This movie just came out .

This has no connection to the first movie.

John Goodman played a very disturbed character.

It's a hostage trying to escape type movie.

I liked it a lot, but I went in with low expectations, which I think is the key to enjoying the movie.  The story isn't the greatest, but everyone, especially John Goodman, does a really great job with their roles and elevates the movie as a result.

Didn't like the ending though.  I'm not bothered the kaiju wasn't in it (kinda expected it), but the aliens were a let down and felt really tacked on.  I didn't like their design (except for the ship) and given how tense the rest of the movie was, the ending needed a foe more sinister and scary which the aliens did not deliver on.  Keeping the ending as is, but having a kaiju roam around in the background while Michelle is battling the parasites from the first movie instead would have been much better.

edit: added spoiler tags

Last edited by a moderator:
aghhh use spoiler tags for the weekend dude!!

I agree the ending was a let down.   This is what I was expecting

-She gets out and it turns out everything is gone and the land is nothing but dirt and everyone is dead.

-Bradley Cooper comes to save her by tracking down her using her Iphone (find my iphone lol)

-John Goodman is revealed to be an alien is disguise and is revealed when the acid is thrown at him... This is what I was really hoping for.

-She gets taken away by the alien ship and that's it.

I remembered him falling on his face when the acid hit the floor and him screaming and I was hoping that he would be all fucked up but only part of his face was.  

That Bio Alien spaceship..what the fuck ?   and seriously throwing a Molotov at it brought the entire ship down?

Also did anyone notice how loud the sound effects were?  Like higher than usual.   This might be an issue for the home video release as it might damage speakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad it's getting good reviews. Might have to check it out this coming weekend. 

review on radio said they are the same///that is why i thought she was
I actually thought the same too at first. They're really similar. But Lizy Caplan plays Marlena is Cloverfield and Mary Elizabeth Winstead plays Michelle in CLoverfield Lane.

Here's another fun fact that blew my mind. The brother's girlfriend in Cloverfield, Lily, is played by Jessica Lucas who plays Tabitha Galvan in Gotham.

The build was great, the end was meh.

The movie did fool me though. Just when I thought I had figured out a twist of the 'nice guy' being the actual person abducting people and using Goodman as a cover for it: he gets shot. I'm not sure if that kind of cliche reveal would have been better than the 'crazy guy was right afterall' ending but the journey up to that point was enjoyable enough. Not a perfect movie, but leagues better than its predecessor.

The build was great, the end was meh.

The movie did fool me though. Just when I thought I had figured out a twist of the 'nice guy' being the actual person abducting people and using Goodman as a cover for it: he gets shot. I'm not sure if that kind of cliche reveal would have been better than the 'crazy guy was right afterall' ending but the journey up to that point was enjoyable enough. Not a perfect movie, but leagues better than its predecessor.
See that's where they F'ed up... they clearly said it's not related to Cloverfield (first movie) but some stupid blood relative...that was there biggest problem. It would have been fine if they called it "What Lurks Below". The ending was tacked on poorly. It would have been better if Goodman's character was an alien conducting an experiment on the two people. That would have been a nice twist.

bread's done
Back