Earth Defense Force Vita/PS4 $15/$30 @ Amazon

Great series!
Warning: EDF 4.1 on PS4 appears to be nearly identical to EDF 2025. I haven't played 4.1 yet so I can't speak to the differences.
EDF 2025 is EDF 4, so yes. 4.1 is a fairly major improvement, though, if only because it added giant robutt/Kaiju fights.

For anyone with 2025 that's on the fence, 4.1 makes 2025 completely obsolete. 2025 crawls with a Sub 20fps while 4.1 keeps a smooth 60 even during split screen. The load times are also a huge improvement, and the graphics are a little better. Upgrading to 4.1 seriously made the experience twice as fun, is the the definitive way to play the game.

Also I just ordered the Vita version.

If the PS4 game allowed me to import my PS3 save, i'd be all over it.  I sunk almost 500 hours into the game on PS3, and as much as i like these games, i'm not inclined to start again from scratch.  As it is, i think i can wait a couple more years for EDF 5.

For anyone with 2025 that's on the fence, 4.1 makes 2025 completely obsolete. 2025 crawls with a Sub 20fps while 4.1 keeps a smooth 60 even during split screen. The load times are also a huge improvement, and the graphics are a little better. Upgrading to 4.1 seriously made the experience twice as fun, is the the definitive way to play the game.

Also I just ordered the Vita version.
Great, now I have to get rid of this still-unplayed PS3 version of 2025 somehow... :wall:

I picked up the Vita game awhile ago for $20 and my friend has 4.1, which is awesome. I just can't spend the funds on it right now or my girlfriend will likely kill me. I hope this stays on sale for awhile so I can grab a copy, love playing these games.

Picked up the PS4 version a few days ago -- the game is tons of fun in splitscreen coop.  The weapons are awesome, and there's always the risk/reward of bumping up the difficulty to try to get new ones.  Very fun. 

bread's done
Back