Playstation vr Not live yet

26GqJc_.gif

No really a deal but IF it sells out quick I can see this thread being relevant. Although it probably will be easy to find once its out. Then again it might not be since its the cheapest (and probably easiest to use) of all the VR setups. A good entry level item to buy and use till other ones have been out for a year or two and become more affordable.

Dont forget you need a ps4 camera for it which (as noted in another thread) is 45 at walmart and amazon. Other places might put them on sale in preperation for PSVR as well.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/PlayStation-Sony-Camera-PS4-Playstation-4/28802343?u1=&oid=183959.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=05835886263735690176&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Camera/dp/B00BGAA3S2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458079158&sr=8-1&keywords=playstation%20camera

Can an experienced Best Buy shopper/GCU member please answer a couple of questions for me, assuming PSVR goes up for pre-order today or soon?

1. There isn't any sort of discount on or additional bonus points earned for video game hardware purchases (like PSVR), right?  Just video game software, right?  

2. How easy or difficult is it to cancel a preorder with Best Buy?  Do I have to cancel by a certain date or is there any penalty at any time for cancelling a preorder? (i.e., if I end up wanting to preorder PSVR from Amazon later on down the road, can I easily cancel my Best Buy preorder?)

3. Once I preorder an item on Best Buy, can I change how I am paying for an item sometime in the future before it is released (i.e., if I pre-order PSVR today with my credit card, can I change my payment method to partially pay for it with gift cards tomorrow or at a later date)?

Can an experienced Best Buy shopper/GCU member please answer a couple of questions for me, assuming PSVR goes up for pre-order today or soon?

1. There isn't any sort of discount on or additional bonus points earned for video game hardware purchases (like PSVR), right? Just video game software, right?

2. How easy or difficult is it to cancel a preorder with Best Buy? Do I have to cancel by a certain date or is there any penalty at any time for cancelling a preorder? (i.e., if I end up wanting to preorder PSVR from Amazon later on down the road, can I easily cancel my Best Buy preorder?)

3. Once I preorder an item on Best Buy, can I change how I am paying for an item sometime in the future before it is released (i.e., if I pre-order PSVR today with my credit card, can I change my payment method to partially pay for it with gift cards tomorrow or at a later date)?
1) No discount or bonus points.

2) It's easy to cancel. No penalty. Just a cancellation button. Never had an issue.

3) It's sketchy. Typically you have to call them and people have said if you don't get the right representative some of them will accidentally cancel your order and then you might be screwed out of it.

1) No discount or bonus points.

2) It's easy to cancel. No penalty. Just a cancellation button. Never had an issue.

3) It's sketchy. Typically you have to call them and people have said if you don't get the right representative some of them will accidentally cancel your order and then you might be screwed out of it.
Thanks a lot for the quick answers, though I'm not too thrilled about your answer to #3! :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to me, at this moment, VR is an evolution of the motion control segment of gaming. Look how much the "hardcore" have kicked and screamed at that. Now it appears to be en vogue?

I think the connection between VR and motion controls is tenuous, at best. Motion controls only ever served to break immersion for me--at least the way they were implemented with the Wii, Kinect, and Move--whereas VR is all about increasing immersion. I'm still really skeptical about VR, but I don't think it's an evolution of motion controls at all.

I think the connection between VR and motion controls is tenuous, at best. Motion controls only ever served to break immersion for me--at least the way they were implemented with the Wii, Kinect, and Move--whereas VR is all about increasing immersion. I'm still really skeptical about VR, but I don't think it's an evolution of motion controls at all.
I think it has real advantages for the average gamer who can't afford a 60" tv as well. Dependent on how good the theater mode for all preexisting games is, I could honestly justify it if only for the ability to completely zone everything except the games out. May not be a selling point for a lot of people, but it is for me.

I think it has real advantages for the average gamer who can't afford a 60" tv as well. Dependent on how good the theater mode for all preexisting games is, I could honestly justify it if only for the ability to completely zone everything except the games out. May not be a selling point for a lot of people, but it is for me.
A good point ^

Early sources indicate that Cinema/Theater Mode will be bolstered by an updated media player application. Sounds pretty exciting to me. I'd like to check out some 'love stories' in VR - for research purposes, of course.

I wonder if it'll be available for preorder today, or maybe later this week? Or next week? Anyone have any idea?

Maybe they are matching the 11am time, but based on Pacific time nationwide?

Enough is enough - I'm waiting until 2pm EST and then removing my ass from my computer chair/desk.  

I must suffer from some sort of OCD to sit here so long waiting to pre-order.

yJPZCxm.png

“Michael, we don’t have a lot of time on this earth! We weren’t meant to spend it this way. Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.”

Enough is enough - I'm waiting until 2pm EST and then removing my ass from my computer chair/desk.

I must suffer from some sort of OCD to sit here so long waiting to pre-order.
Man your battle station, soldier!!

I have a work meeting too, but luckily it's a video conference so I'm just sitting at my desk checking my phone. I don't even want one of these things very much but I just love the excitement!

ae1rIT6.png

This makes me think they might be announcing the big old bundle with the camera and move first and we might not see a preorder today.

They announced a $399.99 price. They can't announce a $499.99 bundle instead.
They already said that it's going to be available for $399.99 but they are also doing a bundle with the camera and move wands included for the US markets. [source]

I imagine after seeing the demand in Europe they might be shifting the amount of regular preorders and bundle preorders.

I'm excited. I will wait to see which of the various VR technologies to buy into first. It may not be the best technology but the most affordable that I jump into first just to get the VR experience. Eventually, just like the way I buy every game console when the price becomes affordable, I hope to eventually get every VR technology if there's no overlap in games. VR might not take off immediately in the beginning and it might have early stumbles but I truly believe it's going to change gaming as we know it.

I can't imagine wearing the VR and having lengthy game sessions for fps or rpg games.  I have the older Sony Playstation headset, and it's the most comfortable pair out there.  And even then, I can't wear it longer than a hour at a time without hurting my neck muscles.   And the PS VR will be at least 2x as heavy, with the majority of that weight front-loaded.

I can't imagine wearing the VR and having lengthy game sessions for fps or rpg games. I have the older Sony Playstation headset, and it's the most comfortable pair out there. And even then, I can't wear it longer than a hour at a time without hurting my neck muscles. And the PS VR will be at least 2x as heavy, with the majority of that weight front-loaded.
Maybe some neck exercises are in order before this comes out?

Really though, this can't be that much heavier than a football helmet or motorcycle helmet

I can't imagine wearing the VR and having lengthy game sessions for fps or rpg games. I have the older Sony Playstation headset, and it's the most comfortable pair out there. And even then, I can't wear it longer than a hour at a time without hurting my neck muscles. And the PS VR will be at least 2x as heavy, with the majority of that weight front-loaded.
This will be all of us in a few years

2f7b2d10-2b03-0132-0945-0eae5eefacd9.gif

I've had both headsets and the second is definitely more comfortable for me. Neither were heavy imo, but I did have a problem with the band over the top of my head giving too much pressure. That being said, I actually hadn't thought about the weight, but I'm sure the dev team took that into account and it's not overly heavy.

Lastly, I don't think VR is ever designed to play for 4+ hour binge sessions, which, if true, is my least favorite idea behind VR.

Also, off-topic... But the more I see no one really address it, the more and more I have to assume that this thing won't play/render 3D Blu-Rays :(

Also, off-topic... But the more I see no one really address it, the more and more I have to assume that this thing won't play/render 3D Blu-Rays :(
i dont think VR movies are a thing yet. I could be wrong, actually I think I am.

Thats a good question

Yes and it also doesn't include the PS4. Who cares? They are being honest about it and actually rewarding the millions of consumers who already own the camera.
So by already owning the camera, I don't have to go out and buy a second one? Thanks Sony!

giphy.gif

Sold out in UK and Germany (Amazon stores) pretty quickly. So the chances for flipping/reselling might be decent.

This comment makes me think you're on the wrong website. Slickdeals.com is that way ----->

bread's done
Back