Deadpool Steelbook up at Best Buy. 29.99

Any idea what it may look like yet? I know usually they differ from what Zavii uses.

Damn, I was hoping it would be 20 or 25 on sale when it was announced. Oh well, guess I can sell the UV code and make some of my money back.

Damn, I was hoping it would be 20 or 25 on sale when it was announced. Oh well, guess I can sell the UV code and make some of my money back.
It may drop between now and whenever it releases like most of their steelbooks do. Put an order in, and if it doesn't then cancel if you want.

It may drop between now and whenever it releases like most of their steelbooks do. Put an order in, and if it doesn't then cancel if you want.
Or, keep an eye out in the weekly ads to see if there's a pre-order bonus for pre-ordering it during a certain week and then do a cancel with a new order.

The order should auto-adjust to the release price on release day, as it should change to release price a couple/few days before release date. If it doesn't, call or email BB CS and they should take care of it without issue.

I put one in, seems like all the marvel steelbooks sell out before release. I was surprised when ant man did, I was going to pick one up in store when it released but just before it released it sold out and I missed out on it.

That listing now says the item is no longer available. Surely not sold out already?
Possibly, as we had this happen with past items like Ant-Man and GOTG, which had random moments of availability from when they were posted on the website to release. Post release, not so much if at all.

Keep an eye on the page as well as this thread and the general SB thread, in case it comes back in stock again.

I'm glad I put in a preorder for 10 1 copy when it was posted.

Yeah, I know they've sold quickly, but I was surprised that this one disappeared without ever having cover art or anything on the listing.

So did Ant-Man.

Ant man lasted longer, but it seems like every marvel movie steelbook sells out little faster than the last one and deadpool does have a dedicated fanbase, even more so than ant man. So Im not surprised it sold out so quick.

I didnt see the movie yet but I was interested in it so I just grabbed a SB when I had the chance. I hope its not too disappointing.

It's a super fun movie. If you're up for irreverent, fourth-wall-breaking humor and violence and a little bit of sex, you'll enjoy it.

It's a super fun movie. If you're up for irreverent, fourth-wall-breaking humor and violence and a little bit of sex, you'll enjoy it.
ditto that. Was a nice departure from the main Marvel universe. Even on it's own, a super entertaining movie.

Any idea what it may look like yet? I know usually they differ from what Zavii uses.
If it doesn't look exactly like this, then they've wasted everybody's time:

12599333_852593014851107_643568989_n.jpg

I like that humor on occasion. I just don't like dumb and stupid humor where they just try to be as wacky as possible, just throw in random stuff. Like scary movie, or melissa McCarthy stuff I can't stand. I like subtle humor, but I like shitball nuts humor sometimes if it's done well.

I'll give it a shot though since I like super hero movies but I'm getting tired of the ones with just the big names and big special effects. Can't wait for Dr strange.

Gonna have to go eith the 4k version since its the same price, steekbook would be nice but with ps4k on the way id definately want the uhd disc

It's strange that I can get free shipping when ordering a single Amiibo but can't when attempting to pre-order this. The cheapass in me can't pull the trigger on this until store pick-up is available.

Yeah, it is definitely annoying that they are charging that much when there is no 3D. I've gotten 3D Marvel steels from Best Buy for $20 before; why are movies with no 3D suddenly $10 more?

Yeah, it is definitely annoying that they are charging that much when there is no 3D. I've gotten 3D Marvel steels from Best Buy for $20 before; why are movies with no 3D suddenly $10 more?

The days of bestbuy exclusive marvel steelbooks at 20 bucks are over Im pretty sure. Unless they have to clearance something out because the movie sucked.

They used to be quite affordable, but ever since guardians of the galaxy steelbook sold out and everyone was scrambling to find some to sell on ebay for 50 bucks the demand for steelbook marvel movies has increased and sure enough, everytime a new one comes out it sells out and they are sold on ebay at 40 bucks or more. So Im sure bestbuy saw that they sell out everytime so they increased the price and guess what? They still sell out.

The days of bestbuy exclusive marvel steelbooks at 20 bucks are over Im pretty sure. Unless they have to clearance something out because the movie sucked.

They used to be quite affordable, but ever since guardians of the galaxy steelbook sold out and everyone was scrambling to find some to sell on ebay for 50 bucks the demand for steelbook marvel movies has increased and sure enough, everytime a new one comes out it sells out and they are sold on ebay at 40 bucks or more. So Im sure bestbuy saw that they sell out everytime so they increased the price and guess what? They still sell out.
Age of Ultron was $19.99 though wasn't it? I wouldn't be surprised if Deadpool drops to that or $24.99 before release.

Age of Ultron was $19.99 though wasn't it? I wouldn't be surprised if Deadpool drops to that or $24.99 before release.

Was it? I dont recall really. I got the ultron covered steelbook but I thought it was 27. I could be wrong though. Or maybe it was 20 because they had a buttload of the movie with dual covers.

Ah I see deadpool is back in stock, so maybe the price will drop on it. Last I saw it sold out in like a couple days so I figured that was the end of it.

What's weird is that with AOU, I pre-ordered immediately when the steelbooks were announced from BB and was able to get the one I wanted for $19.99 and store pick-up. No idea why BB isn't allowing that to happen again with Deadpool. Maybe it's because there is no definite street date yet? Is it for sure being released next month already?

Last edited by a moderator:
What's weird is that with AOU, I pre-ordered immediately when the steelbooks were announced from BB and was able to get the one I wanted for $19.99 and store pick-up. No idea why BB isn't allowing that to happen again with Deadpool. Maybe it's because there is no definite street date yet? Is it for sure being released next month already?
It has a street date of 05/10/16.

i see walmart has the standard (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD) on pre-order for $19.96 right now. does anybody know for sure if walmart has a pre-order price protection like amazon? i've tried to google an answer, but came up empty.

Has anyone had success in getting the option to pick up at a local store? I've been waiting hoping it'll succeed for me but I keep getting the message that no stores in my area have it in-stock. Makes no sense.

Has anyone had success in getting the option to pick up at a local store? I've been waiting hoping it'll succeed for me but I keep getting the message that no stores in my area have it in-stock. Makes no sense.
Yes. I just checked and all stores around me are showing "pre-order now" available for in-store pickup. Selected the closest and it let me go through the entire checkout process.

Why would you want to import if the steelbook is the same as the U.S.? Unless they are different.
I believe it's the same except for the lettering on the spine in which the title is listed top to bottom(as it should be! :lol: ), instead of bottom to up like the US release is getting.

I believe it's the same except for the lettering on the spine in which the title is listed top to bottom(as it should be! :lol: ), instead of bottom to up like the US release is getting.
Not only the lettering up side down whatever you call it, the Italian (possibly all European version) has deboss/emboss on the art like the face and the letters whereas best buy is just flat.

bread's done
Back