Gamestop: Nintendo DS System $9.99, DS Lite $19.99, DSi $29.99, DSi XL $39.99

Does the Blue DS also come with AC adapter? I would think so, but it says:

Recharged systems include:

• Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
  • Screen Proctector
  • Ear Buds

7 day return policy, 30 days for an exchange. Can be done in store, so if you don't like it return it.
or dont buy it and dont waste time effort and gas with the inevitable return

also unless you order more stuff you eat the shipping charge

Last edited by a moderator:
Old model's appear to be gone, kicking the blue one out of cart.  I hesitated too long.

It is really dumb how much your brain tricks you into thinking you really wanted something when you can no longer get it.  :wall:

Yeah 'SAVER' doesn't work on consoles, and the DS is classified as one in their system.  Lame.  I set for a local pickup.  I guess if it's in shit condition, I don't have to take it home.

I was able to get free shipping by adding a game and using SAVER. I bought three items (including the DS Lite) with a $1 handling fee and was only charged $3 for shipping and handling.

Yeah 'SAVER' doesn't work on consoles, and the DS is classified as one in their system. Lame. I set for a local pickup. I guess if it's in shit condition, I don't have to take it home.
did it say PRICE WAS DIFFERENT IN STORE when you set for local pickup, did not mine. 59.99

I was able to get free shipping by adding a game and using SAVER. I bought three items (including the DS Lite) with a $1 handling fee and was only charged $3 for shipping and handling.
So, you bought a game, and didn't get free shipping on the DS, which made it all pointless? Unless your goal was to get the game shipped for free, and it was under the price limit, which then I say, good job!

Anyways, I bought 2 DS lites. I have a pink and a blue one, and a Pokemon edition blue phat DS, but I like Lime Green handhelds, and picked up the zelda one.

I figure, if they come in and are total crap, then it's easy to return them and just lose out on shipping.

So, you bought a game, and didn't get free shipping on the DS, which made it all pointless? Unless your goal was to get the game shipped for free, and it was under the price limit, which then I say, good job!

Anyways, I bought 2 DS lites. I have a pink and a blue one, and a Pokemon edition blue phat DS, but I like Lime Green handhelds, and picked up the zelda one.

I figure, if they come in and are total crap, then it's easy to return them and just lose out on shipping.
He bought 3 things that are shipping from stores so $1 extra for each. SAVER waives the base shipping charge of $3.99.

Awesome find OP! I bought a used ds lite years ago through craigslist after selling my original lite, but one of the shoulder pads started to die. If I went to a repair shop they would charge a little less than what I would pay for a used one on ebay, so I was hesitating in doing it. Now with this deal I get a used ds lite for just $20. This is my first time buying a used console through gamestop, hopefully it will last me one year. I never completed Chrono Trigger and Im super itchy in playing it again for the third time ( its my fav game of all time, the snes one ). 

Again, thx!

Great, I've been in the market to pick up a DS Lite ever since my regular DS broke it's hinges. 

Honestly I probably would have bought one of those too if they hadn't been sold out. 

k4ever, have you tried blowing into the shoulder buttons? That's a common fix, and it would be smart to make sure the problem isn't something as small as dust before buying replacement parts.

k4ever, have you tried blowing into the shoulder buttons? That's a common fix, and it would be smart to make sure the problem isn't something as small as dust before buying replacement parts.
I thought blowing was exclusively used for the nes/snes games lol

Ill try and see what happens. I already submitted a pickup order to a local gamestop, so I still havent bought anything yet.

We will see ...

aside from the ability to play GBA games, the DS is outdated trash IMO. Especially since the original and original XL 3DSs are backwards compatible with DS carts and quite cheap now. I would say these are great prices if you need one as a gift or to play GBA carts

The used DS Lite I ordered during the New Year's B2G1 sale came in Good condition. Some weird splotch of paint under the d-pad though. However it works fine and I'm using it to replay one of the Pokemon games.

Considering picking up a DS light to play GBA games. Sold my old one a while back. Thanks OP.

Never had a DS Lite...went straight from GBA to 3DS, but definitely considering the same. I miss the Castlevania and Metroid titles for GBA something fierce...

:/ hopefully the battery doesn't die every 40 minutes, there are no dead pixels and the last owner didn't touch themselves and immediately go back to playing

Hm, the only reason I'd pick one of these up is to try one of those Game Boy Macro mods. Kinda tempting but don't think I'll go through with it.

The best part about all this is that there's I'm home visiting family right now, and a local used game store has all 3 Castlevania GBA games (Citcle of the Moon, and the double pack of the other two) for about $25-$30. I think they had at least one of the Metroid titles, too...and two Fire Emblems.

:/ hopefully the battery doesn't die every 40 minutes, there are no dead pixels and the last owner didn't touch themselves and immediately go back to playing
You're a ray of bloody sunshine

I think I'll get one for my daughter. And use some Clorox wipes on it right away.

The blue/black and red/black were some of the last ones made so they should be in the best condition most likely.

I thought blowing was exclusively used for the nes/snes games lol

Ill try and see what happens. I already submitted a pickup order to a local gamestop, so I still havent bought anything yet.

We will see ...
Trying opening it up(think you need to tri wing screwdriver though). Following an ifixit guide should be easy and just bit of electrical contact spray in the shoulder switch should fix it.

Am I the only one who noticed that they are paying $5 more for the DS phat and DS lite than they are currently selling it for?

Trying opening it up(think you need to tri wing screwdriver though). Following an ifixit guide should be easy and just bit of electrical contact spray in the shoulder switch should fix it.
I tried doing that by ordering a super cheap tri wing screwdriver from ebay. Not only the screwdriver wasnt useful, but it softened the holes of the screw. Now its impossible to open it up.

Lesson learned ...

Am I the only one who noticed that they are paying $5 more for the DS phat and DS lite than they are currently selling it for?
Traded my DS Lite for $25 store credit, they're giving $25 in cash too.
Got a DSi XL with Castelvania: Dawn of Sorrow for only $36.75. This offer is in store and not online only.

Never had a DS Lite...went straight from GBA to 3DS, but definitely considering the same. I miss the Castlevania and Metroid titles for GBA something fierce...
You HAVE to get a DS Lite. The library of games is insane. I have a 3DS and I love it but the game library of the DS Lite is far superior. It's one of, if not the best, game library for any console.

bread's done
Back