20% Off eshop, Xbox, Facebook, iTunes cards @ Family Dollar 3/20-3/27

From the ad:

Select Xbox, Nintendo or Facebook Gaming Cards or iTunes Gift Cards
SALE $12.00 - $40
SALE! 20% OFF
Valid March 20, 2016 - March 27, 2016

Hadn't even heard of this store; turns out there's one by my mom's house. Time to pay the store a visit tomorrow.

Hmm might have to grab some to get PvZ:GW2 .. Want digital that way I only have to buy 1 copy for both me and my gf. Basically makes it 40 bucks (with EA Access discount) for 2 copies

You kidding right? Please tell me you've known about this store for years
You see, he's had a bad relationship with his mother after the dollar store incident of 2014 and forgot about all of dollar stores around her home until now, when it matters the most.

If I recall correctly, they usually have a coupon on the back of their receipts for like $5 off $25. Could try buying something small first, then using the coupon on the receipt. It's not likely to work with gift cards, but it's worth a shot.

I think we've got one (LOL, just checked their site, and we have 5). If it's where I think it is, it's just a few minutes away, with a plasma donation place attached to the side. It's such a sketchy-looking establishment.

This could go swimmingly with the Xbox Spring Sale though, if they bother to have a decent deal or two during it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I recall correctly, they usually have a coupon on the back of their receipts for like $5 off $25. Could try buying something small first, then using the coupon on the receipt. It's not likely to work with gift cards, but it's worth a shot.
Dollar General does, but maybe Family Dollar does, too. Don't think I've shopped in one for 15 years or so. Time to head back! :lol:

There was a family dollar next to the grocery store i used when i lived at my previous house. I went in there once to buy a dry erase board. It was, in truth, a filthy junk store. But i remembered that i needed the board as i was walking to my car from the grocery store so i went in. Was never there, but i was assuming everything in there would cost like a dollar, which ended up being completely incorrect. Got the dry erase board, it was like 4 dollars. About 2 weeks later the magnetic strips on the back that hold it on the fridge fell off and the black marker wrote in a faint gray at best. So....yeah. thats my family dollar story. Im thinking of selling the movie rights.

2 questions 

Do you need a membership card?

Do they have a recycle area for bottle returns?

2 questions
Do you need a membership card?
Do they have a recycle area for bottle returns?
1. No membership card needed.
2. I don't know about recycling bottles there, but the store near me sells beer and cigarettes, so you could buy a 40 oz of Old English in the same transaction and recycle it as pee hours later.

I did a google map search for Family Dollar and thought to myself "Do I really want to go over there?"
Pretty much. All 5 of mine are in questionable areas. Luckily, the closest one (the one attached to the plasma donation center) isn't especially close to any of the houses, so I might only get jumped by 1-2 people, rather than 6-10. It's actually right by a Family Video/Little Caesar's combo too.

I just stopped at one, and the computer kept rejecting the xbox card. It's a digital code printout vs an actual gift card.  She couldn't figure it out and was going to call someone, but I had to get to work.  Said invalid amount.

I stopped by one of the three Family Dollar's in my location and they had a rack of the gift cards.  The employee was quite helpful and the items rang up as advertised - was in and out of the store in 5 minutes.  For 20% eshop cards, I'd say it was a smashing success.

I had the opposite happen for me. They had signs saying $50 Xbox Card for $40 but when they rang it up they couldn't get it to change from $50. They called the district manager and they even showed her a picture of the signs and said its on the website. The DM told her sorry we can't change the price. Tough luck.

The portion of society that shops at Family Dollar regularly aren't usually the best quality of people. It is what it is. Clearly the store caters to certain demographics.

All I'm saying is Fred's>>Dollar General>>>>>>>>>>>>Family Dollar.

Standing in a Family Dollar now. Xbox cards not ringing up correctly; however a sign clealy states the sale. Cashier is on the phone with corporate. We'll see ...

Perfect timing for this sale. Bought 3x $50 iTunes cards and they all rang up at $40 each. Needed a birthday gift for my Mom and needed to replenish my personal supply. May go back for more. As long as you go early in the day - you're golden. Although my location has to be in one of the nicer areas for this store from what you guys are saying. :)

Cashier was like "you must really like your music."

EDIT: no coupon on the back of my receipt. It's blank on the back.

Perfect timing for this sale. Bought 3x $50 iTunes cards and they all rang up at $40 each. Needed a birthday gift for my Mom and needed to replenish my personal supply. May go back for more. As long as you go early in the day - you're golden. Although my location has to be in one of the nicer areas for this store from what you guys are saying. :)

Cashier was like "you must really like your music."

EDIT: no coupon on the back of my receipt. It's blank on the back.
But music can be received for free! Jk ;)
It seems xbox cards are causing the problems. I will try it with eshop cards in a while since I'm low on those

UPDATE: No go on the Xbox cards. I got tired of waiting. I believe they aren't working because, unlike the other cards, the Xbox ones are generated in the Family Dollar computer system. I'm hoping they get it straightened out by the end of the week. Good news is if they do, there shouldn't be any worry about them running out of stock. The SKU is actually on a file behind the counter.

Both eShop and iTunes cards worked perfectly, though. All set for HBO Now when Game of Thrones starts up again!

I stopped by my Family Dollar for the Xbox gift cards and found out that the $50 SKU wouldn't scan and say invalid amount. I then asked about $25 SKU's and those worked just fine. Unsure about the $15 SKU. So I just bought 5 of the $25 gift card codes rather than 2 $50 codes.

Thanks for the heads up on Xbox cards, may just skip going after work now and wait till later this week.
Curious if it works for you. I will be 3 miles from one tonight but it is a sketchy neighborhood and don't want to deal with it not working like others have said.

Will drive right by one on Saturday and will stop in if it has a reasonable chance at working.

bread's done
Back