*Dead* eBay 15 off 75 5 hourflash sale, works on non-ebay GCs

ebay 5 hour flash sale

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2016/...pring.html

use code C15SPRING
$15 off $75

Exclusions: Coins & Paper Money, Bullion, eBay Gift Cards, and Real Estate.
Coupon can be used once per PayPal account within a single transaction (or cart), while supplies last.

Credit goes to: avalon over at SD

I just used the code and got $75 worth of GS giftcards for $60.  (plus 1.50 ebay bucks and cash back).

*edit* eBay GC's can be purchased:

It looks like you need an order of $15+ worth of 'valid' items, then you can pick up eBay GCs to get up to the $75 threshold.  Good old eBay.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: Code doesn't seem to work on eBay eGCs.
Not by themselves, but if you add something else to get it to the $75 or more it should work (currently have a $25 and $35 Ebay GC in my cart, as well as a $20 Steam card and it's taking the $15 off with the code).

Thanks. Actually picked up a BP gas card that is $100 that was on sale for $92 so with coupon was $77. Not bad, free $23, essentially a full tank for me and BP is right around the corner from my house.

Not by themselves, but if you add something else to get it to the $75 or more it should work (currently have a $25 and $35 Ebay GC in my cart, as well as a $20 Steam card and it's taking the $15 off with the code).
It looks like you need an order of $15+ worth of 'valid' items, then you can pick up eBay GCs to get up to the $75 threshold. Good old eBay.

I got $25 + $50 BBY, didn't know it would work with mix and match BBY and ebay GCs, darn!

Quick question for anyone who knows: do you get My Best Buy reward points when using a gift card?
You don't.

:*(

Otherwise I would've just picked up higher amounts of BB gcs myself, but I'm not elite yet, so don't want to go overboard since I want to reach that for this year. ~_~

Quick question for anyone who knows: do you get My Best Buy reward points when using a gift card?
Sadly no, you only get points on money spent out of pocket. So whatever total your purchase is after gift cards/gift certificates are applied, that's what you get points for.

Oh well. I'd much rather save money now than build up to saving just five dollars.

But I've been spending WAY too much on gift cards lately. With all the other eBay offers, plus the Family Dollar sales.

Having issues. Says "payment pending." weird because I used my regular credit card through PayPal.

EDIT: it worked; just an odd delay. Got a $50 Best Buy gift card for $40 and Resident Evil 3 for GC CIB for $20. Not bad.

Having issues. Says "payment pending." weird because I used my regular credit card through PayPal.

EDIT: it worked; just an odd delay. Got a $50 Best Buy gift card for $40 and Resident Evil 3 for GC CIB for $20. Not bad.
Same error I had. Hopefully it resolves itself as quickly as it did for you.

Were you by any chance using the iOS eBay app?

Does anyone know if Walgreens allows the purchase gift cards with their own gift card? I would assume they should as other retailers do, but you never know.

A warning for anyone trying to buy $500 worth of gift cards to preorder Playstation VR. My account was put as suspicious, I verified every personal question required to make my account back in good standing. My account is locked out of purchases until eBay finally gets around to unflagging my account, meaning I can't get this deal.
What is the point of getting $500 worth of gift cards anyways if you only get $15 off $75 or more? Being one time use code and all. Just curious.

Wish the new BB and Target ads were up. I want to get a PS4 this weekend, but want to see if next week's ads have anything better than the 5% Target Cartwheel this week. Can't decide which GC(s) to get with this sale.

$75 Best Buy cash for $60, and now with the $100 for $80 I got last time around I have $175 to spend on absolutely nothing, at least I'm covered for a good long while.

thanks man got 150 dollars worth of gamestop gift cards for 120 using ebay gc so will just go back to gamestop and buy m ore ebay cards for the next deal :p

Wish the new BB and Target ads were up. I want to get a PS4 this weekend, but want to see if next week's ads have anything better than the 5% Target Cartwheel this week. Can't decide which GC(s) to get with this sale.
I think Tyrok said the BB ad this week is digital only. If it follows like the last digital only ads, we will not know the sales until Sunday morning.

So is it really true you can't use your existing eBay GC (that I got from GameStop months ago) to get the sale price on these GCs today?

I think Tyrok said the BB ad this week is digital only. If it follows like the last digital only ads, we will not know the sales until Sunday morning.
Ugh, that's lame, I guess I can just go with a BB GC. I mean, I'll find SOMETHING else to buy with it regardless, but I also already have $150 or so in BB GC I have to use.

By the way, which BB card are folks ordering, physical or digital? I was hoping to get a physical one, but the advertised ones are digital, it seems.

bread's done
Back