Walmart PS3 Metallic Blue Dualshock 3, $10. YMMV

MajestyZ

CAGiversary!
So I was at walmart for unreleated reasons this morning and noticed that this particular controller was marked to $10, though they only had one left. Figured I'd post this here for anybody who wants to try and price match.

YFi3Ogi.jpg

qdTsLDW.jpg

There is 1 near me but it says its $55.

Just a short rant here:1

1) No controller (outside those specialized fight sticks) should cost $55 or more. That's as much as a game!

2) No controller for a LAST GEN system should cost more than like $20. Good grief.

Just so you guys know, brickseek lists the price of the controller for $10 at the walmart he got this from.  That killed my hopes for it not showing up on brickseek.

I'd love to find one of these for $10, but all the stores around here that have it in stock show that it's full price.

Last edited by a moderator:

1) No controller (outside those specialized fight sticks) should cost $55 or more. That's as much as a game!
2) No controller for a LAST GEN system should cost more than like $20. Good grief.
Even if it could hold its charge way better than a DS4? Lol

1.5) No game should cost $60 either. ;)

Even if it could hold its charge way better than a DS4? Lol
And has pressure sensitive buttons? lol

Used wavebirds are $40+ in various used conditions.

Madness that these are still so pricy. I still use my ps3 daily for Netflix and occasional gaming, and recently my controller has started spazzing and selecting shit at random.

I have one of the og six axis controllers (before named dual shock) but the battery life is ass on it.

One Walmart 20 miles from me has it down to $38 but everywhere else is full price

Too bad! 

Most are full price, but there's a single one near me for $30; meh. Have two already but I was curious about my area.
same here, just one store here has this for $30 but it's oos. $10 is less than the Target clearance price on this, think it was $17.xx before it went oos. I missed out on that BBY price mistake when these were $9.99 iirc =/ The cheapest DS3 I've gotten were from the Sears' $16.xx.

Speaking of random $10 PS3 stuff at Walmart, one near the mall in the next town over has some weird $10 PS3/Vita clearance on random games. They had the Walmart editions of Prototype 2, Two Worlds II, Aliens Colonial Marines and the regular versions of Rayman Legends, Borderlands 2 GotY, Adventures of Tintin, Dungeon Siege III, Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition & a couple Fifa games & others I forget for $10. The Vita games included Walking Dead Season 2 & a few MLB games.

Walmart are some real Mofo's when it comes to clearance...it's always YMMV, and my local Walmarts never play the game. 

Target is a different story, when you hear about a Target clearance it's usually nationwide and everyone gets some love, but at Walmart it's always this kind of BS. Good for the guy that finds it in some random store, but very rarely does it cross any boundaries. That's why you see a bunch of Walmarts with different old stock still at full price, because the dumbasses don't know when to mark it down or clearance it out. 

Walmart are some real Mofo's when it comes to clearance...it's always YMMV, and my local Walmarts never play the game.

Target is a different story, when you hear about a Target clearance it's usually nationwide and everyone gets some love, but at Walmart it's always this kind of BS. Good for the guy that finds it in some random store, but very rarely does it cross any boundaries. That's why you see a bunch of Walmarts with different old stock still at full price, because the dumbasses don't know when to mark it down or clearance it out.
How it works is all of the store is allotted a fixed amount of mark down money in which all departments share. Department managers then fight for the money. Most of which doesn't end up making its way to games in electronics because its used up by higher priced items such as tablets, soundbars, and cameras. And then they end up with bins full of MSRB priced PS2 games.

How it works is all of the store is allotted a fixed amount of mark down money in which all departments share. Department managers then fight for the money. Most of which doesn't end up making its way to games in electronics because its used up by higher priced items such as tablets, soundbars, and cameras. And then they end up with bins full of MSRB priced PS2 games.
Poor philosophy, but makes sense in Wal-Mart logic.

bread's done
Back