"Free" logitech harmony touch remote control at bestbuy in store only

dav2sil

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
But at the end of the day, you'd still be the silly rube who paid $190-ish for a touch screen controller....
You see it how you want. I see it as a fancy controller that controls my Xbox, TV, and other shit for 10 bucks.

But at the end of the day, you'd still be the silly rube who paid $190-ish for a touch screen controller....
He's saying that if you already have heaps of Best Buy credit, it's worth it. Which it is (provided you can get it for this OMS price or whatever), but I personally don't have that much Best Buy credit nor do I want it.

Im interested but am still fuzzy on what we do to get the oms price and what Order Management System has to do with it...Please more info...

At 5% tax, you're paying $189 for a $200 GC.  5.5% discount on GC.

At 9% tax, you're paying $196 for a $200 GC. 2% discount on GC.

+ you get a fancy controller, if you need one.

Converting cash to Best Buy Credit is taking a loss to me because all their stuff is overpriced.  Good deal if you're invested into the Best Buy thing or whatever.  I think I can save money shopping elsewhere enough to get a "free" fancy remote controller but I wouldn't do so because my dog doesn't need a $200 chew toy. 

It's not a bad deal but this should have been posted in Non-gaming deals.

OMS option is in-store only, have to go to customer service desk and have them order it for you. 

Edit: Converting Cash to BBY Credit is taking a loss? Are you not a GCU user? 

At 5% tax, you're paying $189 for a $200 GC. 5.5% discount on GC.

You're not getting $200 GC if you pay $180. You're getting $180 GC. Which is fine if you already have that much in GC anyway.

Except he also said if you OMS it you get the GC at the OMS amount, not the full $200.

For some reason since you get the controller discounted from the 299.99 the gift card is whatever you pay.

Not sure what this comment is about. Seems fairly straight forward as a tax only purchase. I may try this out just for a new toy. Best to use BB GC so there's no cash out of pocket.

You see it how you want. I see it as a fancy controller that controls my Xbox, TV, and other shit for 10 bucks.
...So not free, is what you're saying.

And I have a remote like that! I can also use it to send text messages, make calls, browse the internet, look at pictures of cats...

What is this OMS thing?  Sounds like it has something to do with cheaper prices if they order and ship from the warehouse.  If this is the case, then why shouldn't we all just go in-store and ask them to OMS everything we want instead of ever paying store prices?

What is this OMS thing? Sounds like it has something to do with cheaper prices if they order and ship from the warehouse. If this is the case, then why shouldn't we all just go in-store and ask them to OMS everything we want instead of ever paying store prices?
I'm assuming it's only an option for things they don't carry in-store that are a significant amount of money.

What is this OMS thing? Sounds like it has something to do with cheaper prices if they order and ship from the warehouse. If this is the case, then why shouldn't we all just go in-store and ask them to OMS everything we want instead of ever paying store prices?
I imagine you'd have a pretty hard time trying to convince them to order you something from the warehouse if they had it in stock at the store. This is likely for things they can get from the warehouse but don't currently have in stock at their location, so they give it to you for whatever the current clearance/online/witchcraft cost is.

I imagine you'd have a pretty hard time trying to convince them to order you something from the warehouse if they had it in stock at the store. This is likely for things they can get from the warehouse but don't currently have in stock at their location, so they give it to you for whatever the current clearance/online/witchcraft cost is.
This isn't carried in any stores within 100 miles of me, but online it says it would be in the store by next Thursday if I ordered, so you're probably on the money. Seems like a warehouse-only item.

It looks like it's a discontinued remote so the chances of it being had in store is slim...if it is then I'd actually buy it in store and attempt to have them price match Wal-mart that has it listed for $127.99 and pray you still get the full $200 GC in store.

I'm tempted to just order via website and gamble that they discount the remote on their website within 45days so I can price match and still get the $200 GC. It's a hit or miss with them price matching over the phone with the GC though.

Although I don't need the remote....damn SD mentality

Basically, you go in the store, say you want to OMS this item. Pay $180 + $10 in tax (with GC or whatever), and get $180 GC back.

Only really worth it if you already have ~$200 in GC.
okay i see. but wouldn't this be a better deal

tumblr_o4ly4qAWRc1spket1o1_540.png

so what is this deal? i'm really confused, lol
Step one - Got to a store that doesn't have the thing you want to buy for $300 so you can get a $200 gift card

Step two - Have them order the thing you want to buy for $180 + tax

Step three - Pay the $180 + tax, get a gift card for $180 but no tax

Several days later....

Step four - Pick up your touch screen not-a-phone remote for the cost of tax

Basically, you go in the store, say you want to OMS this item. Pay $180 + $10 in tax (with GC or whatever), and get $180 GC back.

Only really worth it if you already have ~$200 in GC.
Why is it only worth it if you already have $200 in GC?

I mean for those of use who don't already have a build up in credit at BB and want a free fancy remote, kind of seems like a no brainer. I'll have that $180 spent within six months or so on games as it is.

I was able to use a gift card to pay for it.
Thanks for pointing that out.

I think this is what’s happening:
The POS is coming up at a discounted price in-store $179.99. Since GC offers are handled after payment, you need pay first and after your payment is tendered the register will prompt the associate to scan your gift card offer. Because the deal is technically for a $200 gift card, the POS forces the system to lower the gift card amount to the purchase price. This is because when items come in as bundles, people will sometimes keep the free items and therefore the receipt has to adjust the “return value” for the free item. Since the free item is higher than the purchase price, the POS is smart enough to at least reduce the gift card value down to the purchase price.

If it didn’t work that way, the return value of the remote would be -$20 and it’s coded to not accept a negative return value of the purchase otherwise I believe the system would actually prompt a return to actually credit you $20 for something that you already were keeping for free ($200 gift card). This will enable the system to accept the return of the remote and not giving you anything back. Your net cost is the tax amount because the adjustment is done pre-tax.

bread's done
Back