Overwatch added to BB $10 pre-order cert list

Tumaras

CAGiversary!
Overwatch (and officially now Doom) have been added to the Best Buy $10 pre-order certificate page today, along with Battleborn which has been on the list for awhile.  Previously, Doom had it listed in the item details but wasn't on the BB cert page.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping they will get a digital card, and the cert will apply to that. I need two copies and with digital I only have to buy one

Yea the one that tells us to preorder the division.
THANK YOU. If thread titles don't get updated, then new posts are perfectly acceptable... Or rather, welcome.

Same with GameStop trade thread still showing Guaranteed $40 in trade. HOW LONG has it been since that has happened?

On topic, hopefully this is a sign pre-orders with certificates are coming back for more games. Would love me some Uncharted 4 with this.

Man, Q2 of 2016 is going to destroy my wallet. So many games I know I want and so many wait and sees/maybe's.
I'll start w the know:
Uncharted 4, Quantum Break, Dark Souls 3, Ratchet & Clank, No Mans Sky
And the wait and see:
Mafia 3, Doom, & Homefront
8 games!! I'm a CAG so some will have to wait until BF.

Man, Q2 of 2016 is going to destroy my wallet. So many games I know I want and so many wait and sees/maybe's.
I'll start w the know:
And the wait and see:
I think Mafia 3 is much more likely to be good than Uncharted 4 or Dark Souls 3, given the spotty track records of those series, but okay.

I think Mafia 3 is much more likely to be good than Uncharted 4 or Dark Souls 3, given the spotty track records of those series, but okay.
I won't be getting Mafia 3, didn't really like 2 all that much and don't expect to want the third game though hopefully they learned 1000 miles isn't a good idea for a trophy.

I won't be getting Mafia 3, didn't really like 2 all that much and don't expect to want the third game though hopefully they learned 1000 miles isn't a good idea for a trophy.
I liked 2 quite a bit, much as I did the first game. Not sure why so many people disliked it -- I think most were disappointed that "open world" does not mean "sandbox", since it was extremely narrative-driven. To me, those games have probably come the closest to having a legitimate film-worth story (as opposed to genre fare like Bioshock Infinite, although I liked that too) and that goes a long way.

It was also one of the first games to use physx and the cloth effects were rad.

Anyway, all of this is to say that 3 has an incredibly interesting premise. When you compare something like Mafia 3, in a setting and with a protagonist that isn't very well represented in video games, to Dark Souls 3 (more of the same, and so far Demon's and Dark 2 are the good ones -- Bloodborne is mediocre and Dark 1 is straight-up bad) or Uncharted 4 (where 2 was the only good one, even if 1 was graphically impressive at the time) I'm more inclined to buy Mafia 3.

It applies to existing pre-orders as well.
sweet. Very Exciting news. Makes me that much happier I got the CE now.

Also: Since I saw some discussion on it... I haven't been a fan of, really anything Blizz has done is a while. SCII was okay but I didn't enjoy it as much as I expected too. I just now picked up D3 at Best Buy so I have yet to try it, but I remember hearing most of my friends say it was kinda crap (at launch. Maybe it got better?). I quit WoW when they ruined it with Cata and haven't come back since. Heroes Of The Storm looks neat but I've stayed away since I've never been big into Moba's and I played Hearthstone for a while, but got bored with it pretty quickly. I think Overwatch is going to be great though. I played it at PAX East last year and it played incredibly well. I love fun FPS games like that. TF2 used to be my go to game, but eventually all of Valve's changes and updates kinda killed it for me (I'm looking at you engineer update). If Blizz can give us a quirky but solid FPS with various game modes, classes and levels and keep with the fun little story they're creating I think it'll become my new go to for sure. Honestly I'd rather play the game on PC but for launch I'm just gonna buy it on PS4 for the collectors junk and to play with my PS4 friends. Hopefully all my stuff will carry over to whenever I eventually buy Overwatch on sale for PC.

I liked 2 quite a bit, much as I did the first game. Not sure why so many people disliked it -- I think most were disappointed that "open world" does not mean "sandbox", since it was extremely narrative-driven. To me, those games have probably come the closest to having a legitimate film-worth story (as opposed to genre fare like Bioshock Infinite, although I liked that too) and that goes a long way.

Anyway, all of this is to say that 3 has an incredibly interesting premise. When you compare something like Mafia 3, in a setting and with a protagonist that isn't very well represented in video games, to Dark Souls 3 (more of the same, and so far Demon's and Dark 2 are the good ones -- Bloodborne is mediocre and Dark 1 is straight-up bad) or Uncharted 4 (where 2 was the only good one, even if 1 was graphically impressive at the time) I'm more inclined to buy Mafia 3.
-_- What?...

I enjoyed the heck out of both Mafia I and Mafia II. Both were great games with excellent narrative stories. I wish Mafia II had more things to do in its world, but the story-driven gameplay was awesome. 

Mafia 3, so far, has looked like sh*t to me. I hope they somehow WOW me.

Also, to the person who mentioned Mafia 3 will be better than Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3... Are you okay?

I'll start w the know:
And the wait and see:
I still have around 20 games I need to play. I miss the days where I had nothing to play and eagerly waited for a new game to come out. I guess it's not a horrible problem to have, except the fact that I don't have nearly as much time to play these days.

Your outlook on Dark Souls is so garbage it's funny. Dark Souls 2 was the most mediocre Souls game because Miyazaki was directing Bloodborne at the time. Dark Souls 1 was perfect. Bloodborne blew the mediocrity that Dark Souls 2 was out the water. And Miyazaki is utilizing everything he's learned all the way back from Demon's Souls and Bloodborne into Dark Souls 3.

Dark Souls 3 is gonna be epic.
Uncharted 4 is gonna be epic.

I understand you're excited for Mafia 3, but idk why you have to bring down other games in order to justify your excitement.

Your outlook on Dark Souls is so garbage it's funny. Dark Souls 2 was the most mediocre Souls game because Miyazaki was directing Bloodborne at the time. Dark Souls 1 was perfect. Bloodborne blew the mediocrity that Dark Souls 2 was out the water. And Miyazaki is utilizing everything he's learned all the way back from Demon's Souls and Bloodborne into Dark Souls 3.

Dark Souls 3 is gonna be epic.
Uncharted 4 is gonna be epic.

I understand you're excited for Mafia 3, but idk why you have to bring down other games in order to justify your excitement.
Miyazaki is a hack who lucked into creating a great game with Demon's Souls. This is not something that I am inventing because of Mafia 3 -- Dark Souls was probably the most disappointed I've ever been by a video game. Dark 1 had terrible level design, poor balancing at launch (and was patched shortly after launch to be far too easy, as now you can just put on heavy armor and brute-force almost every boss while chugging Estus) and had gone too far in the direction of "obtuse = good".

DS2 was much better, likely because Miyazaki wasn't involved. Adding fast travel from the beginning vastly improves playability, using multiple souls at once was a great change, and the art direction was much better as well. It had its issues, specifically that there were too many multi-boss fights and the weapon durability changes, while good in theory, didn't really work due to technical problems.

Bloodborne has better action, but is also incredibly shallow. There's so little room for different builds, along with the limited equipment set, that it just feels like a stripped-down version of the Souls series. It was also pretty easy, and for some reason kept getting easier with every NG+ I played (for the platinum, because I'm insane). I guess it doesn't scale correctly or something, because in subsequent playthroughs I was just breezing through in about 2 hours, knowing where to go. The Chalice dungeons are the worst part: they're full of terrible design decisions, meant to make them look like they're randomized. But they're not, except for the Root ones. So they were just given tons of dead ends or ladders to nowhere or rooms that loop in on themselves in 3 spots because of the illusion of random generation. That's shitty.

I realize this is a waste of typing because the people who have Miyazaki's cock so far down their throat it's inside their stomach won't listen to reason and have no eye for proper design, but there, you have my thoughts. It's completely unrelated to Mafia 3. But man, I really really like Demon's Souls. No idea how he pulled that one off.

Just learn to ignore Larry. He wants to be a snow flake and say universally critically acclaimed are garbage just to get a response from people. He also went on several times before saying how last of us was one of the worse games ever.

He's just a troll.

I am going to be honest. I am still not sure what is the difference between Battleborn and Overwatch and I have not been interested enough to figure out what the difference is actually.

I am going to be honest. I am still not sure what is the difference between Battleborn and Overwatch and I have not been interested enough to figure out what the difference is actually.
Battleborn is a straight-up MOBA like Paragon or Smite or something. Overwatch is TF2 but with MOBA-like characters/abilities.

More like 'over look' and 'a rattle because I was just born'.
hqdefault.jpg

Miyazaki is a hack who lucked into creating a great game with Demon's Souls. This is not something that I am inventing because of Mafia 3 -- Dark Souls was probably the most disappointed I've ever been by a video game. Dark 1 had terrible level design, poor balancing at launch (and was patched shortly after launch to be far too easy, as now you can just put on heavy armor and brute-force almost every boss while chugging Estus) and had gone too far in the direction of "obtuse = good".

DS2 was much better, likely because Miyazaki wasn't involved. Adding fast travel from the beginning vastly improves playability, using multiple souls at once was a great change, and the art direction was much better as well. It had its issues, specifically that there were too many multi-boss fights and the weapon durability changes, while good in theory, didn't really work due to technical problems.

Bloodborne has better action, but is also incredibly shallow. There's so little room for different builds, along with the limited equipment set, that it just feels like a stripped-down version of the Souls series. It was also pretty easy, and for some reason kept getting easier with every NG+ I played (for the platinum, because I'm insane). I guess it doesn't scale correctly or something, because in subsequent playthroughs I was just breezing through in about 2 hours, knowing where to go. The Chalice dungeons are the worst part: they're full of terrible design decisions, meant to make them look like they're randomized. But they're not, except for the Root ones. So they were just given tons of dead ends or ladders to nowhere or rooms that loop in on themselves in 3 spots because of the illusion of random generation. That's shitty.

I realize this is a waste of typing because the people who have Miyazaki's cock so far down their throat it's inside their stomach won't listen to reason and have no eye for proper design, but there, you have my thoughts. It's completely unrelated to Mafia 3. But man, I really really like Demon's Souls. No idea how he pulled that one off.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion but in this case you are wrong. So very wrong.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but in this case you are wrong. So very wrong.
That can't be true because there are only two possibilities:

1. You agree with him and he is right
  2. You have an asian dong in your mouth
I guess you're in the mouthful category.

Never understood why people put so much effort into explaining why they dont like something. If they're asked - fine. If they have a comment or two - great; dissenting opinions should always be welcomed. But three paragraphs? Something else is going on there.

Ultimately though, I'm confused as to why Larry would play all the way up through Bloodborne if he hated the first Souls so much. Does he get pleasure in playing bad games? Why waste so much time playing them?

thanks for backing it up with why

Never understood why people put so much effort into explaining why they dont like something. If they're asked - fine. If they have a comment or two - great; dissenting opinions should always be welcomed. But three paragraphs? Something else is going on there.

Ultimately though, I'm confused as to why Larry would play all the way up through Bloodborne if he hated the first Souls so much. Does he get pleasure in playing bad games? Why waste so much time playing them?
Because, especially in the case of games with super rabid fanbases like the Souls games, if you don't explicitly say why you dislike it, people just assume you're being contrarian for the sake of it. Which is a hilariously stupid stance to take. If you only immerse yourself in the metacritic and can't form your own opinions, you might as well not be alive.

Also, the reason is that I really really really liked Demon's Souls (which is the first Souls game, remember? unless you count King's Field). And I liked Dark Souls 2 a lot. I'm saying the series, so far, has still been more good than bad: 2 good games, 1 bad, and 1 middling. DS3, even if it's shit, would only split the series to half-and-half. None of the games are perfect... Far from it, in fact. But there's a pretty clear divide in quality, and so far the thing those worse entries have had in common are Miyazaki's more direct involvement.

I'll still play DS3. I'm looking forward to it. It's just much more of a crapshoot than some other series that have more consistency. I also know I'm not going to convince anyone who loves DS1 or Bloodborne that they're, in fact, not all that, but just trying to clarify exactly why I think that. You can't have proper discourse with that level of zealotry.

I'm pretty tempted to jump on but would consider the LE if it had a steelbook. I've seen conflicting reports but no mention on Amazon or BB's page. Apparently euro versions have it but that seems odd since they look almost identical otherwise. Anyone know for sure whether the NA versions get an SB or if even an international one will?

I think the entire Halo series is overrated and the multiplayer sucks. I truly do feel that way. Whenever I express this opinion and don't offer specifics I'm considered a troll or an idiot.

If I were to say I liked a game without offering specifics nobody asks why or gives two sh1ts about it.

I think the entire Halo series is overrated and the multiplayer sucks. I truly do feel that way. Whenever I express this opinion and don't offer specifics I'm considered a troll or an idiot.

If I were to say I liked a game without offering specifics nobody asks why or gives two sh1ts about it.
My point wasn't that it's bad to be negative. I was merely legitimately confused as to why a person could hate dark souls and yet play through all the way to bloodborne.

For Halo, the ENTIRE series is overrated? You played the entire series of a franchise you've apparently hated since day 1? Or are you simply referring to the mechanics, in which case, yes, I'd need some explanation because while I'm not the biggest halo fan, it's easy to recognize its rock solid mechanics and reasons for its popularity.

Halo 5 didn't get raving reviews, and thusly I think it was properly rated, critically-speaking.

You pretty much hate everything though.

I'll start w the know:
And the wait and see:
I know that feeling. There are so many games I missed last year and beginning of this year.

I'm not sure whether to order at BB for the cert+skin or at Gamestop for full price because they offer a baby Winston figure.

710x330_Overwatch_BabyW_3.jpg

bread's done
Back