Onechanbara Z2: Chaos (PS4) $20 Shipped

:eek: the limited edition was $20 on amazon back during the holidays. Jesus. This game causes more hardcore marathon fap sessions than Bayonetta 2 in 1 hand mode

Last edited by a moderator:
I price matched with Bestbuy for $21.XX after taxes and my 2nd copy get cancelled from amazon along with Once Piece 3.  In for 2nh copy for my collection :)

Bought the Banana Split edition from Amazon for $20 like 6 months back. Just started playing it a week ago coincidentally. Have to say that some elements of the game are awesome, the combat reminds me a lot of DMC 3, but the biggest problems I have with the game is why no block button, and why no mini map.

You'd think that the girls are there for just Fan-service, but the lore and story are actually surprisingly deep. 

darn, sold out. i would have jumped on this, the game is really fun.

and it has a really good english dub, its pretty funny =]

I'd say if you haven't bought this game, go ahead and buy it. Combat is fast paced and solid but it does get a bit repetitive. The story wasn't that interesting in my opinion but the characters are decent enough to keep you engaged the whole way through.

Would also like to say this is a good game with solid, fluid combat (w/ seamless character switching); you can ignore the entire story, enemy models are pretty rough but the girls all look gorgeous.

This game is ok. like a budget version of DMC with a female cast & brainless dynasty warriors style enemies. Its very short too maybe 5 hours, but it has survival & mission modes too. $20 is a good price for it. 

Shocked that people have anything good to say about this game. Combat is pure button mash, but the worst part is that they just constantly lock you in small, bland arenas & keep pumping enemies at you. Mind-numbingly boring and not worth it at any price IMO. 

Shocked that people have anything good to say about this game. Combat is pure button mash, but the worst part is that they just constantly lock you in small, bland arenas & keep pumping enemies at you. Mind-numbingly boring and not worth it at any price IMO.
Not shocking really, one persons opinion isnt universal. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean others cant and vice versa. I certainly dont make it a point to knock other peoples opinions or tell them all the things I find wrong with what they like for no reason though.

anime boobs

just got my copy. it wasnt the banana split edition. i didnt know they sold the game just stand alone. :/

OP never said it was banana split. Why you would assume it is is beyond me.
Sometimes it happens. The DT2 I got from BBY was the Calendar edition although it wasn't listed as so. Killer is Dead is another example where unless you buy from eBay, you will (almost?) always get the LE. I got the LE from BBY though BBY never mentioned it being the LE.

OP never said it was banana split. Why you would assume it is is beyond me.
The game was published by Xseed. As far as I know, both Senran Kagura games come in "special edition" boxes but there is no other release besides that, only the big box, it wasn't sold stand alone at any point. (as far as i know...here in the united states that is.) I figured this was the same case as I have never seen Onechenbara on PS4 sold as a stand alone, not in the banana split edition.

The game was published by Xseed. As far as I know, both Senran Kagura games come in "special edition" boxes but there is no other release besides that, only the big box, it wasn't sold stand alone at any point. (as far as i know...here in the united states that is.) I figured this was the same case as I have never seen Onechenbara on PS4 sold as a stand alone, not in the banana split edition.
You figured wrong. From the same website.

Standard

https://estarland.com/Playstation4.cat..product.50509.html

Banana Split Edition

https://estarland.com/Playstation4.cat..product.47802.html

On Amazon: Standard US Edition (Note ESRB logo) (And Amazon sells it for $20, just out of stock)

http://www.amazon.com/Onechanbara-Z2-Chaos-PlayStation-4/dp/B0143WYKLU?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Banana Spilt US edition

http://www.amazon.com/Onechanbara-Z2-Chaos-Banana-Split-PlayStation/dp/B00UJ9LSI0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459489597&sr=8-1&keywords=onechanbara+z2+chaos

Well obviously I figured wrong if im the one posting in here that I got the normal edition instead of the banana edition. I think your missing the point im trying to make, that their previous releases of the Senran Kagura were *only* released as big boxed editions of their games with no standard release, so this game being a big box release too, it would be safe to assume that practice would be repeated.

Not shocking really, one persons opinion isnt universal. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean others cant and vice versa. I certainly dont make it a point to knock other peoples opinions or tell them all the things I find wrong with what they like for no reason though.
I didn't knock anyone's opinion, I simply offered a different one because...people are considering buying this. I thought that was reason enough. Like you said, people ARE allowed different opinions, and sharing them in a thread like this helps others make informed decisions. Saying I'm surprised other people like it =/= to saying other people *can't* like it. Reading is fundamental. ;)

I played the game initially thinking it was going to be some cheap game with its only selling point being the fanservice to back it up, it surprisingly had a fun combat system to it. You upgrade your weapons and skills for your 4 characters in a similar fashion to Viewtiful Joe, buying new weapons and enhancing skills. You have all 4 characters in your squad and when one character gets weak, you can tag them out on the fly to another character while they heal their damaged health in the background (kind of like marvel vs. capcom.)

speaking of which, you can actually summon all 3 of your partners out at the same time as all 4 characters appear on screen briefly for a damaging combo (kind of like dual crossover in marvel vs capcom 1).

The dialogue is also really funny, my initial reaction was to put on the japanese voices with subs but I opted to go with the English dub and they did a really good job, the voice acting is spot on and its pretty funny :).

So yeah, lots of action, its a beat em up so there is a bit of repetitiveness at times but you know what kind of game your getting into already id wager. Good voice acting, fun combat.

Oh, and titties :3

This game isn't extraordinary by any means but the series has come a long way from where it started as a shovelware title. The combat engine is where the developers have dedicated most of their time and resources and it shows, try going back and playing some of the older titles. The worlds are indeed small and bland and the enemies are somewhat lifeless, but the emphasis of this game has become more of an acrobatic combo tallying contest than anything else. Similar to the Devil May Cry series, it's more about threading combos and juggling enemies into significant hit traps than much anything else. the DMC series of course has a better story and more fleshed out environments, but this series is improving with every game and this is probably the first one that is considered respectable by more than just the anime fans. 

This game isn't extraordinary by any means but the series has come a long way from where it started as a shovelware title. The combat engine is where the developers have dedicated most of their time and resources and it shows, try going back and playing some of the older titles. The worlds are indeed small and bland and the enemies are somewhat lifeless, but the emphasis of this game has become more of an acrobatic combo tallying contest than anything else. Similar to the Devil May Cry series, it's more about threading combos and juggling enemies into significant hit traps than much anything else. the DMC series of course has a better story and more fleshed out environments, but this series is improving with every game and this is probably the first one that is considered respectable by more than just the anime fans.
Remember the wii title? Ugh.

Remember the wii title? Ugh.
Lol. That and the original PS2 title were pretty horrid. The Xbox360 version was slightly better, but still bad. Now we have this one, and like I said I feel that this is the first one that's truly worthy of some respect.

I didn't realize there was a non-Banana Split physical version for this one. Thought I remembered reading that the Banana Split was the only physical version that was going to be available for this game. Guess I remembered wrong.

I didn't realize there was a non-Banana Split physical version for this one. Thought I remembered reading that the Banana Split was the only physical version that was going to be available for this game. Guess I remembered wrong.
It looks like the standalone version was just released.

bread's done
Back