Trouble changing avatar

JBLAZEisaCAG

CAGiversary!
I've been trying to change my avatar for awhile now. I've tried uploading one from a couple computers and tried linking some from websites. Either it gives me an error message or doesn't go through, any ideas what it could be? I haven't had problems uploading any before.

You're welcome. In the past, it used to tell you stuff like that. There was this small box with bright red letters warning you that the file size had to be less than 50KB. Guess it didn't stay after the recent update here. Everything's gone to the dogs after that damn update.

Well, it won't take my 8kb jpeg. What am I doing wrong here?

Using chrome on a chromebook if that helps any.

You aren't doing anything wrong. CAG's been fucked since the hack. There have been a few complaints in John's big thread. I've found uploads haven't been working at all unless it's an attachment. You can import your avatar through any URL, and therefore the attachment image's as well. Also, the max size looks to be 100KB.

I also could not get the avatar update to take when trying to pull from my computer. Pulling from a url however worked right away. At least I can post now. I'm not sure if it normal but the first couple days after joining/activating my account I couldn't post anywhere, including in this forum to ask if it was normal.

I'm not sure if it normal but the first couple days after joining/activating my account I couldn't post anywhere, including in this forum to ask if it was normal.
Yes, that's normal. IIRC, you have to wait three or four days to be able to post after making a new account.

bread's done
Back