(GameStop) Code Name S.T.E.A.M - $9.97

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Couldn't find through search so apologies if this is known (I found it on SD). Figured this was better than 15 bucks at Walmart I found. At 10 bucks I'd be willing to add this to backlog. Loved X-Com and heard they are similar. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Code Name Steam - GameStop

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't find through search so apologies if this is known (I found it on SD). Figured this was better than 15 bucks at Walmart I found. At 10 bucks I'd be willing to add this to backlog. Loved X-Com and heard they are similar. Any thoughts or recommendations?

It's not BAD if you are looking for a portable tactical fix, but I'd rather play XCOM on my phone than this. It was hard for me not to be disappointed given the pedigree of the game. For $10, you might get some fun out of it, but if you're like me, you'll burn out before it's finished. It's just too bland and slow... even after the update to make enemy turns go faster.

Wasn't that impressed with the demo, but I think they sped up the enemy moves which was my biggest issue.  I'll give it another try for $10.

In case you want to price match at Best Buy, you should be able to over the phone since it says Online Only and over the phone is considered online

I would pay $10 but I don't want to give GS any money...(even with a $5 rewards zone cert)

Got it when it was $12. It's underrated and definitely worth it at this price. If you liked Valkyria Chronicles you will probably like this if you don't mind the different art style. 

Damn, every GS store has plenty of these in stock I was worried I would have had a hard time finding one like a certain Vita game. 

I went and placed a store pick up order this morning after seeing the thread on SD; just finished picking it up on the way home and I received a Gamestop "new" copy. I'm not completely surprised and don't usually mind when it's a cartridge-based game, but I do want to ask: is it supposed to come with a manual?

I went and placed a store pick up order this morning after seeing the thread on SD; just finished picking it up on the way home and I received a Gamestop "new" copy. I'm not completely surprised and don't usually mind when it's a cartridge-based game, but I do want to ask: is it supposed to come with a manual?
Probably not. Nintendo games don't come with physical manuals anymore.

Game has some serious issues, one of the major ones is the perspective making it hard to plan your next move and just how tedious the enemies' movements are.

got this game a month ago for $15.  its a good, if not a little flawed game but $10 is a steal for this game.

Yeah, it has its problems and having a second stick really helps, but it's a pretty fun play if you like the mentioned games above as well as Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars.

It's not BAD if you are looking for a portable tactical fix, but I'd rather play XCOM on my phone than this. It was hard for me not to be disappointed given the pedigree of the game. For $10, you might get some fun out of it, but if you're like me, you'll burn out before it's finished. It's just too bland and slow... even after the update to make enemy turns go faster.
And XCom with everything just got ported to Vita for $20.

I was really tempted to pick this up, but replaying the demo reminded me how irritating the gameplay can be. Respawning enemies, no visibility, and excruciatingly slow enemy turns make this a hard sale even at $10.

"Additional handling fee of $1.00 will apply"

Is that a new thing?
Technically yes.

Of what I've heard of other members around here, it's that this new fee is that they're now shipping from individual stores, instead of their warehouse and that's where the fee comes in.....which is stupid. But hey, Gamestop being Gamestop.

I was really tempted to pick this up, but replaying the demo reminded me how irritating the gameplay can be. Respawning enemies, no visibility, and excruciatingly slow enemy turns make this a hard sale even at $10.
I've heard that they patched in the ability to speed up the enemy turns, which is the main reason I went ahead and picked it up. I'm probably going to have my younger brother be my guinea pig and play it first, though, and then see what he thinks.

Technically yes.

Of what I've heard of other members around here, it's that this new fee is that they're now shipping from individual stores, instead of their warehouse and that's where the fee comes in.....which is stupid. But hey, Gamestop being Gamestop.
I also recall that a lot of the people in the clearance thread received "new" items, just like I did with this game, and I don't think that they could get that handling fee refunded.

The demo has a fast-forward option, so I think it was patched in there, too. It's still too long, especially when you can't see the enemies and end up just staring at a wall for a minute.

The demo has a fast-forward option, so I think it was patched in there, too. It's still too long, especially when you can't see the enemies and end up just staring at a wall for a minute.
Assuming you have a N3DS with homebrew installed, I wonder if HANS would help alleviate this if you used the higher clockspeed?

Oh wait, I think HANS doesn't see game updates, so I guess you wouldn't have access to the FF option.

bread's done
Back