* * * * - 11 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 5/21: $14 Battle Chef Brigade, $10 Wonder Boy, $12 Tesla vs Lovercraft, & More!

#6961 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7627 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:20 PM

How many times is Rocket League going to be on sale?! At this point I feel like that is just the base price haha

#6962 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66887 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:02 AM

How many times is Rocket League going to be on sale?! At this point I feel like that is just the base price haha

It's one of the most popular and best-selling games on the Switch, so they're doing something right.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#6963 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11130 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:03 AM

Awesome, 80's Overdrive is finally on sale!

#6964 chrislisting   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1531 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:37 AM

https://twitter.com/...217479342739457

I’m getting very optimistic about Wolfe stein and other FPS after seeing the trailers....like I think this summer I’m going to end up buying a Nintendo Pro controller and at least ONE FPS, like Wolfe stein...and I know it was rumored but after seeing this, and remembering the Wii got black ops, i think we might finally see a new COD on Nintendo (i just hope the title is worth the hesitantly in jumpin back into that)

But MAN, that trailer in the News section is great,and there are so many titles coming !! I’m getting excited about gaming again

#6965 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6118 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:52 AM

It's one of the most popular and best-selling games on the Switch, so they're doing something right.

Yeah, and on top of that, it was free on PS+ which is probably the main reason for it's overall success. It blew up after it was offered free, and the discounts just seem to keep the train going.

"Listen y'all, if Chris of all people isn't complaining, then you know it's a non-issue." -tonyxvx

#6966 ihadmail   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   965 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:59 AM

Switch online details will be released early next month and the service will be in effect in September. 

Here's hoping for cloud saves. 

#6967 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7627 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:00 AM

Yeah, that something is having it constantly on sale! ; p

#6968 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1077 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:34 AM

I cant seem to find voez on the eshop. Did something happen to it that it got taken off?

#6969 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66887 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:58 AM

Yeah, that something is having it constantly on sale! ; p

It's near the top of the Best Sellers list every day, even when it's not on sale, so that's not the main reason.

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#6970 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   540 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:59 AM

Looks like death road to Canada got delayed out of respect to the victims of the recent tragedy in Toronto.
http://www.nintendol...tack_in_toronto
Spoiler
:3ds: Radiant Historia PC :wiiu: Tokyo Mirage :switch: M&R: Kingdom battle

#6971 OldSchoolGaming4Life   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   683 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

OldSchoolGaming4Life

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:04 AM

I cant seem to find voez on the eshop. Did something happen to it that it got taken off?

Not sure why it was delisted on the NA eShop, but I can tell you that my digital version updated to v1.4.1 today. Don't know what this one did.
3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996
NNID: OldSchoolGaming
Switch FC: SW-4778-8525-3295
PSN: C90sRetroGaming
Youtube: http://www.youtube.c...hoolGaming4Life
GameFaq's: 90sRetroGaming

#6972 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3851 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2018 - 08:44 AM

I think Rocket League probably makes most of its money from microtransactions at this point. It wouldn't entirely surprise me if they eventually go full F2P.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#6973 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7627 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:53 PM

It's near the top of the Best Sellers list every day, even when it's not on sale, so that's not the main reason.

#joking

#6974 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1353 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:08 PM

I think Rocket League probably makes most of its money from microtransactions at this point. It wouldn't entirely surprise me if they eventually go full F2P.

I think it will also become F2P. It is still selling pretty well on the Switch so they are probably just waiting for those sales to take a dip first.

#6975 chrislisting   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1531 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 27 April 2018 - 07:30 PM

I’m going to forget to ask, as i already did at launch, but is attack on titan 2 the switch version of attack on titan for ps4? Or is it a sequel+conversion/port?

What is your review of attack on titan? If you care to share....
Thanks

#6976 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6118 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:21 PM

This was kind of cool, now if they only took that much care with our packages right? LOL

"Listen y'all, if Chris of all people isn't complaining, then you know it's a non-issue." -tonyxvx

#6977 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66887 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:30 AM

It doesn't need to go free-to-play at all because it's still making a ton of money at full price and is doing better now than at launch.

#6978 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36681 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:50 AM

Maybe a sequel but that's basically why it's on sale pretty cheaply at least once a month on every platform. It's all about getting it into as many hands as possible.

3ds120.gif Pocket Card Jockey  :pc: Final Fantasy 14  :wiiu: TBD  :vita: TBD

:xb1: TBD  :ps4: Nier Automata  :360: TBD  :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2017: 3 - Recently Completed: :ps4: Disc Jam

EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#6979 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3851 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2018 - 12:50 PM

It doesn't need to go free-to-play at all because it's still making a ton of money at full price and is doing better now than at launch.

Keyword: "eventually."

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#6980 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4246 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2018 - 01:05 PM

This was kind of cool, now if they only took that much care with our packages right? LOL

I want this

Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP (FIXED)

#6981 chrislisting   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1531 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:19 PM

Good post

#6982 miketheplantguy  

miketheplantguy

Posted 29 April 2018 - 01:49 AM

My significant other isn’t massively into games but she is really enjoying Zelda BOTW with the guide out. I’m looking for a game to have on tap when she finishes Zelda. She also liked child of light (Xbox).

Any simple rpg’s that might be a good introduction? I am Setsuna looks like an idea.

I also already have ocean horn in case she wants a Zelda like.

#6983 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36681 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:49 AM

My significant other isn’t massively into games but she is really enjoying Zelda BOTW with the guide out. I’m looking for a game to have on tap when she finishes Zelda. She also liked child of light (Xbox).

Any simple rpg’s that might be a good introduction? I am Setsuna looks like an idea.

Not Setsuna, it's too dependent on nostalgia for that kind of thing. I know it's not Switch but if you have access to Persona 4 Golden or Persona 5 maybe if you want something actual JRPG. There's a lot going on there outside of the standard JRPG stuff (but not in an overwhelming way) and a lot of people find them a good gateway because they're so full of personality. Maybe the Kingdom Hears PS4 ports if they're into Disney (though the plots are crazy convoluted)? Probably just depends on their willingness to try something else and what it was that's hooked them on BotW. If it's just the huge world and freedom maybe something like Skyrim though it's more of a blank slate compared to Zelda.

Or just throw Stardew Valley at them, that seems to hook everyone.

3ds120.gif Pocket Card Jockey  :pc: Final Fantasy 14  :wiiu: TBD  :vita: TBD

:xb1: TBD  :ps4: Nier Automata  :360: TBD  :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2017: 3 - Recently Completed: :ps4: Disc Jam

EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#6984 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1265 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:53 AM

Keep her on botw and expansion pack until July and then get her Octopath Traveler.

Let's be friends!

XBL Gamertag: MrRidickulous
PSN ID: ijustw1n

#6985 ihadmail   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   965 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:55 AM

I’m playing Setsuna now. It’s underwhelmingly easy, I’m pretty sure my 6 year old would be able to play it.

That being said, I’m liking it. It has an unusually calming effect. Maybe it’s the setting and the art style.
It also has a level of depth if you wanted to get into really tweaking the setups.

#6986 Evilv6   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:46 AM

My gf HATES videogames and everything related to them but she somehow liked Stardew Valley, maybe you could try that.

#6987 miketheplantguy  

miketheplantguy

Posted 29 April 2018 - 04:55 AM

Thanks for the responses. I forgot to mention Stardew. Def on my list too. I’ll show her octopus then traveler. As for Setsuna, I like the idea its simple and calm. As for persona 5, I would’ve thought it would be way too much at once

#6988 GreenT  

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:36 PM

I’ll show her octopus then traveler.

This autocorrect amuses me more than it should.

Another vote for Stardew Valley here.

#6989 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3344 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:47 PM

How about LA Noire? It has a great story, extremely easy mechanics, and a modest amount of exploration.

#6990 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3851 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2018 - 05:16 AM

I’m playing Setsuna now. It’s underwhelmingly easy, I’m pretty sure my 6 year old would be able to play it.

I don't understand comments like this. When I was in the six-to-eight years old range, I was playing and regularly beating games I find obnoxiously difficult if I go back to today. I don't think difficulty has anything to do with what games a child can handle, just gameplay style, content, and presentation.

That said, when they do run into a game that's too difficult for them, children have a harder time controlling the rage in their ragequits. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, HOTEL MARIO.