* * * * - 11 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 6/14: E3 & WB Sales! $45 BotW, $10 Golf Story, $30 Mario + Rabbids, & More!

#5641 starscream615   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   709 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

starscream615

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:30 PM

Here are the new deals for today:

:switch:
The Bridge - $4.49 - 55% Off - Ends 1/11 - 10
Death Squared - $11.24 - 25% Off - Ends 1/15 - 20
Gonner - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 1/15 - 10
Graceful Explosion Machine - $8.99 - 25% Off - Ends 1/15 - 20
Inversus Deluxe - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 1/15 - 20
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime - $9.99 - 33% Off - Ends 1/15 - 20
Semispheres - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 1/15 - 10
Severed - $9.99 - 33% Off - Ends 1/15 - 20
Thimbleweed Park - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 1/15 - 20
Thumper - $13.39 - 33% Off - Ends 1/15 - 20

Can anyone give me an idea of it Severed is any good? Thought about it but then saw it’s touch screen only.

#5642 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70348 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:36 PM

Can anyone give me an idea of it Severed is any good? Thought about it but then saw it’s touch screen only.

It's a first-person dungeon crawler with a bit of Metroid-style structure for unlocks and progression that is really good. The combat is done through touch as you swipe attacks at enemies to take advantage of weak points in their attack patterns while managing groups of enemies at the same time.

#5643 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10017 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:36 PM

Severed is fantastic but since it’s touchscreen only, I’d personally recommend buying on mobile as it plays just as well and is cheaper. Normal price is $6.99 and it has been as low as $2.99.

#5644 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:37 PM

Thanks! I'm going to pick it up from GS if it's not too grimy. The pre-owned Wii U I got was slimy...

One of the reasons I don't get preowned controllers, well that and in my experience the typical used controller gets the rental car treatment and has a high price.

#5645 plagueseason   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   648 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

plagueseason

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:38 PM

Severed is fantastic but since it’s touchscreen only, I’d personally recommend buying on mobile as it plays just as well and is cheaper. Normal price is $6.99 and it has been as low as $2.99.

Second this. Might as well get it cheaper for your phone or tablet since it’s touch screen only and was originally a PS Vita exclusive. It’s a great port on mobile.

#5646 micbelt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1528 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:40 PM

Given all the recent Wii U talk, is using a pro controller worth it or should I stick with the bulky gamepad? I am only playing Wii U and Wii exclusives on it, and I already have a Switch with pro controller.

I have this one and it works very well:

https://www.amazon.c...ontroller&psc=1

#5647 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70348 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:48 PM

Not if they have an Android phone. The Switch/Wii U/3DS/Vita might be better fits for some people.

#5648 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10017 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:52 PM

Not if they have an Android phone. The Switch/Wii U/3DS/Vita might be better fits for some people.

Ah, you’re right. Didn’t realize the mobile port was iOS only. Well, the iOS version is great if you have an iPhone/iPad at least. Not sure why they didn’t port to Android as well.

#5649 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10471 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:18 PM

It was basically a dead on arrivial service that let you play certain ps1 era games on your android device.

When the service was discontinued, you lost access to all your games, and the ability to download them again.

That's what a lot of people are fearing for digital storefronts now. I'm not really worried though. The same fear applies to physical games really, with day one patches, bugfixes etc. Not many games ship complete these days.

I'm not sure how I was never aware of this service, but I hadn't heard of it. Thanks for sharing. I would be so upset if I lost my digital library in Steam, so I can understand how those that were burned on PS Mobile could be hesitant about buying digital on other platforms.

#5650 starscream615   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   709 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

starscream615

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:42 PM

I have iOS but thank you all for your input. You have helped greatly.

#5651 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7623 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:43 PM

I'm not sure how I was never aware of this service, but I hadn't heard of it. Thanks for sharing. I would be so upset if I lost my digital library in Steam, so I can understand how those that were burned on PS Mobile could be hesitant about buying digital on other platforms.

Yeah, it had it's own link on PSN, so getting rid of it really didn't make much sense to me. When I log in to PSN from my vita, you had a box at the top for PS Mobile where all the current game listings where. You went in there and bought and downloaded games just like normal.

You can google some top 10-25 list of PS Mobile titles, as they had some really good games available. Aqua Kitty being one of my personal favs.

#5652 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:18 AM

Does the NBA playground enhanced have classic characters like magic, Jordan, and Bird?

Edit: was kinda hoping for something like a classic NBA jam. I'm only familiar with the classic players

#5653 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3638 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:40 AM

Does the NBA playground enhanced have classic characters like magic, Jordan, and Bird?

Edit: was kinda hoping for something like a classic NBA jam. I'm only familiar with the classic players

It does have a lot of nba legends, no Jordan though. Here is a look at the rosters https://www.primagam...ter-all-players

#5654 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:02 AM

Holy fuckin YAWN this sale blows.

The best platform for Severed has to be Vita due to more comfy controls. I'd have to image holding the Switch with one hand and swiping with the other would get tiring after not too long.

#5655 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:13 AM

It does have a lot of nba legends, no Jordan though. Here is a look at the rosters https://www.primagam...ter-all-players

Thanks, but I think I will pass on this for now until I look more into it like the character packs.

#5656 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3632 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:06 AM

I may have to revise my opinion of Legend of Dark Witch 3. It does make many improvements like I said, but many things have been cut for no good reason. All the unlockable bonuses and ability boosts are gone. Those were a staple of the series - they were even in Brave Dungeon. And the secret character plays almost exactly like Zizou, but worse.

I really don't see why some of those things were cut. If they kept the tightened gameplay and all the other features, we'd easily be looking at a 10/10 game.

#5657 happydogs   Razor barrel. CAGiversary!   533 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

happydogs

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:28 AM

I found it to be pretty fun on Vita, but there are a handful of places, especially near the end, in which i thought the difficulty spiked somewhat unfairly.  The game doesn't really punish you or take away any progress when you die, but you are left to learn some of the more advanced combat conventions on your own (ie, certain enemies need to be attacked in a certain order etc), without much explanation from the game.  Most of these multi-enemy fights at the end of the game happen at a very quick pace and have little margin for error, and there were a few battles i lost over and over, often in the space of the first 15-20 seconds, which i found frustrating.  The game throws you into these battles and expects you to fight them flawlessly, even when it's not clear how you're supposed to do that.

Despite that flaw, i still thought it was a pretty good game, and i tend to avoid touch control games like the plague.

#5658 filldoh1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   207 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

Given all the recent Wii U talk, is using a pro controller worth it or should I stick with the bulky gamepad? I am only playing Wii U and Wii exclusives on it, and I already have a Switch with pro controller.

The pro controller is awesome, much better than the game pad. If you’re looking for one Walmart and toys are us both clearance theirs out. Brick seek can help you with walmart. I bought 3 extras a few months ago for $20.

#5659 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10017 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

The pro controller is awesome, much better than the game pad. If you’re looking for one Walmart and toys are us both clearance theirs out. Brick seek can help you with walmart. I bought 3 extras a few months ago for $20.

Do you have a SKU for brickseek? I’m interested.

#5660 TheGuardianLegend   What backlog? CAGiversary!   300 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

TheGuardianLegend

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:20 PM

Do you have a SKU for brickseek? I’m interested.

#5661 PapaTrees   Sinner Sinner Chicken Dinner CAG in Training   34 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

PapaTrees

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:36 PM

I picked up Severed (loving it so far) and Death Squared.  I was happy with the sale.

#5662 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10017 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:57 PM

Thanks. All out in my area. Probably order the one on Amazon mentioned earlier.

#5663 latin trident   Banned Banned   935 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

latin trident

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:37 PM

I prefer using the pro controller whenever possible. It has a great battery life! For games that don't need the touchscreen (Bayonetta 1&2, DK:TF, MK8, etc) it is wonderful. For games like Zelda: Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD, Wonderful 101, Kirby, Lego City Undercover, etc) you need the gamepad. And you need it for Amiibo. If the Pro Controller had an Amiibo reader, that would make things easier.

#5664 chrislisting   CAGiversary! Banned   1557 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:59 PM

Hey guys

Got my switch (neon) and Zelda CE,,!

Question is does the Nintendo shop discount or have deals on “primary” titles LIKE Zelda or Mario or Splatoon? (Not the mini or less next gen Eshop games)

I rarely see deals on switch games so if I’m looking in the wrong place or I’m missing something please lmk where to look

Thx

#5665 chrislisting   CAGiversary! Banned   1557 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:03 PM

Change your Arms button layout up and it instantly clicks like a tightly controlled 3d arena fighter. Add in the special events and badges and new characters and they have a very good first attempt. Worth $40ish but honestly I wouldn’t begrudge anyone waiting for less.

The biggest issue is that Arms was made by the Mario Kart team, and just like MK, they don’t really do story. If Arms had any kind of actual story it’d be a lot better of a game and worth more. Outside of Badges and new Arms there’s just not really a compelling reason to keep playing single player.

The MP however is great. The party room style of casual battles is great and they mix up the modes a lot. Its very close to being a complete package. They shouldn’t have pushed the motion controls so hard and added more full story. I hope they get another shot and a bigger budget to make a complete fighting game.

Helpful post
I was recently trying to decide between arms or Splatoon and my question was going to be what game has a better or more active and fun MP..?

Also, it’s now $20?/yearly as of now , ?

Thx for answer

#5666 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1627 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:12 PM

Hey guys

Got my switch (neon) and Zelda CE,,!

Question is does the Nintendo shop discount or have deals on “primary” titles LIKE Zelda or Mario or Splatoon? (Not the mini or less next gen Eshop games)

I rarely see deals on switch games so if I’m looking in the wrong place or I’m missing something please lmk where to look

Thx

Nope you aren't missing anything, Nintendo first party titles just rarely go on sale. 

#5667 elessar123  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:19 PM

Best bet is to get discounted eShop cards if you go digital (5-30% off), or B2G1 type deals at Best Buy with GCU (20-40% off).

#5668 3rdShift  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:26 PM

Best bet is to get discounted eShop cards if you go digital (5-30% off), or B2G1 type deals at Best Buy with GCU (20-40% off).

This is exactly what I did for digital. I have a decent amount of eshop cards piled up.

#5669 Wrectifyy  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:32 PM

Any feedback on Thimbleweed Park, in how it is for the Switch or just in general from other platforms?

#5670 3rdShift  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:40 PM

It reminded me of maniac mansion. Get it on the platform you have where it's cheapest.