* * * * - 11 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 6/14: E3 & WB Sales! $45 BotW, $10 Golf Story, $30 Mario + Rabbids, & More!

#6421 boneless   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1744 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:08 PM

Are saved games still tied to my switch? So if it dies I would lose everything? I'm getting a little worried about my battery life now since it drains about 15% playing only 30mins of battle chef brigade.

#6422 tonyvx  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:24 PM

Are saved games still tied to my switch? So if it dies I would lose everything? I'm getting a little worried about my battery life now since it drains about 15% playing only 30mins of battle chef brigade.

No, they're tied to your account. Also, don't forget there are other factors they weigh into the Switch's power usage. Pop that baby into airplane mode and turn off auto-brightness if it's on.

Also worth noting: Some games that seem really simple tend to eat a ton of power. I have some indies that drain at the same rate as Zelda. Not sure if it's optimization or what. I'm often surprised by which games use very little power, and which use a ton. Battle Chef Brigade might just be the latter. 

#6423 Bing147   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1109 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:34 PM

Saves aren't tied to your account. For that to be true you'd have to be able to back them up somewhere (as in cloud saves) which you can't. They are effectively tied to the system. There's currently no way for us to transfer them from one system to another. Nintendo can do so if you send the systems in (assuming the original still works enough for this to be possible) but that's a big ask and depending on what went wrong won't always be possible.

#6424 boneless   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1744 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:37 PM

No, they're tied to your account. Also, don't forget there are other factors they weigh into the Switch's power usage. Pop that baby into airplane mode and turn off auto-brightness if it's on.

Also worth noting: Some games that seem really simple tend to eat a ton of power. I have some indies that drain at the same rate as Zelda. Not sure if it's optimization or what. I'm often surprised by which games use very little power, and which use a ton. Battle Chef Brigade might just be the latter. 

Saves aren't tied to your account. For that to be true you'd have to be able to back them up somewhere (as in cloud saves) which you can't. They are effectively tied to the system. There's currently no way for us to transfer them from one system to another. Nintendo can do so if you send the systems in (assuming the original still works enough for this to be possible) but that's a big ask and depending on what went wrong won't always be possible.

I just researched it more and found this that says you can transfer from one console to another;

http://en-americas-s...r-and-save-data

But like Bing said, the original console needs to still be working. If it bricks, I'm out of luck which is what I really wanted to know. 

#6425 Bing147   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1109 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:53 PM

You're right, I completely forgot about that update. But as you said, still pretty useless as it is functionally tied to the system still. You can move it to another system but only if both are still working and if that's the case in most cases there's no real need to move it. There will always be exceptions of course like if you and a friend both have a profile on a system or if you use it as a family system and get another but it doesn't solve a dying system.

#6426 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1944 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:55 PM

So today is the last day to get cheap Lego games from best buy. Get them while you can !
I'm still undecided on getting Lego worlds

I heard there could be some glitches, but that might have been patched ?
Also, it's only $15 with gcu

#6427 Squeegor 2  

Squeegor 2

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:56 PM

I am Setsuna isn't $60 physical.  $35 used and complete:  https://www.amazon.c...ng/B01N5R9QT6  

If that seems best for you, I hope it works out, but buying digital, especially on a Nintendo console, is the opposite of cheap in the long run.  

I'd argue digital is cheaper in the long run as one is never tempted to buy a game they have marginal or no interest in and possibly are not in the financial situation to be buying, just because they're afraid it may be a limited print that will be expensive down the line. But this point really depends on the individual person I guess. This was definitely an issue for me, so I can confidently say I am saving money over-all so far.

Using the 3ds as an example. I have bought a few 3ds titles and quite a bit of vc content. It was cheaper and easier to travel with.
I still like the cartridges, but sometimes depending on the game I wouldn't mind getting digital games from Nintendo.

This is actually a major point most people won't understand until they have to travel often. That's when not having to carry all your game cartridges around with you is a huge plus. Not having to fiddle around with tiny easy to lose cards is awesome.. just switch the game on the fly when you want to play something else. Love it.

#6428 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1869 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:48 AM

Physical over digital every time.

If Im traveling, I only carry a handful of games anyway cause i tend to be traveling for a reason.. and gaming isn't the reason, it's just a way to pass a few hours. So many trips I have packed a console and a dozen games, only to play 10 minutes (or less) the entire trip.

Now I pack the Switch, 2-3 games and done. If I need more than those 2-3 games.. the games either suck and can't hold my attention, or I picked the wrong games.

Saves tied to console on the Switch still irks me.. but typical of N. How they handle digital content is one of the big reason i will only buy digital on Switch as a last resort (or only option)

*granted* how they handle digital content on Switch is infinitely better than they have in the past.

#6429 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   3963 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 18 March 2018 - 04:34 AM

Thoughts on I am Setsuna?

#6430 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1944 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 18 March 2018 - 05:03 AM

I was wondering the same thing

#6431 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 18 March 2018 - 05:07 AM

I really didn’t expect my purchase of digital over physical, because digital was at what I considered a good deal, to cause such a ruckus in a thread dedicated to saving on digital purchases

#6432 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1944 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 18 March 2018 - 05:23 AM

I enjoy both digital and physical cartridge games. They both have their pros and cons. Interested to see what new sales the eshop and bestbuy will have.

#6433 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1869 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 18 March 2018 - 05:29 AM

I was wondering the same thing

Spoiler free review i found. I personally have not beaten it, not even halfway... damn RL. But what I have played, damn good. and yeah, beautiful. 

(First video I could find for a spoiler free review, since they seem to be rare anymore)

I really didn’t expect my purchase of digital over physical, because digital was at what I considered a good deal, to cause such a ruckus in a thread dedicated to saving on digital purchases

Re-read this entire thread, yes eshop mainly... but also posts of physical deals as well for those that want them. Sometimes the physical has been on sale where the digital has not.. 

and if you think the few mentions of physical vs digital here is a "ruckus"... you live a sheltered life. (don't venture into some of the other threads here.. lol)

#6434 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1944 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:28 PM

Spoiler free review i found. I personally have not beaten it, not even halfway... damn RL. But what I have played, damn good. and yeah, beautiful.
(First video I could find for a spoiler free review, since they seem to be rare anymore)
https://www.youtube....h?v=l0A4f9FB280

Re-read this entire thread, yes eshop mainly... but also posts of physical deals as well for those that want them. Sometimes the physical has been on sale where the digital has not..

and if you think the few mentions of physical vs digital here is a "ruckus"... you live a sheltered life. (don't venture into some of the other threads here.. lol)

Thanks that video actually helps. I'm more tempted to check it out. I do like the old final fantasy style game play.

#6435 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67550 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:46 PM

#6436 tonyvx  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:52 PM

Hollow Knight and King of Cards  :pray:

#6437 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   3963 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:26 PM

Hollow Knight was supposed to be out early 2018 so 100% chance final release date is coming soon!

#6438 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:08 AM

how much room would 

i am and    lost sphere take

Sorry for the delayed response but Lost Sphear is 2.4GB and I am Setsuna is 1.3GB.

#6439 bubster93   WOT! CAGiversary!   114 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

bubster93

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:47 PM

It's the last week to load money to your WIi Shop Channel account before you can't do it anymore.

If you're looking for something to buy, buy dis:

#6440 starscream615   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   525 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

starscream615

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:08 PM

$34.99 stills seems way too high for Lost Sphere. I kinda want it but was underwhelmed by the demo. I guess I’ll wait for <$20.

#6441 MikeIsGood   CAG'n Since 04 CAGiversary!   150 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

MikeIsGood

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:11 PM

Thanks that video actually helps. I'm more tempted to check it out. I do like the old final fantasy style game play.

FWIW, while I enjoyed it at first, I thought it got dull and I never finished it. It feels like a chore to go back to. The battle mechanics are cool-ish, but they wear thin. The part I struggle with most is that it's so monotonous. The tone of the game, as well as the actual tones and colors in the setting - it's ALL snow. It's pretty amazing how empty that starts to feel after a while, which I did not expect. The characters and dialogue also do that "old-school", small budget JRPG thing where there's a lack of development, and the dialogue that's there is relatively meaningless (IMO). I skip through most of it.

I say this all as a thorough JRPG fan, turn-based combat fan, and even as a fan of snow settings  :-P One thing I will say is that the story is very solid. I want to know what happens...I just don't want to finish it.

#6442 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2427 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:59 PM

Just started I am setsuna over the weekend, only an hour or two in but it's pretty good so far if you like old school RPGs

#6443 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1346 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:02 PM

Still no Namco Museum on sale...

Tell us what else isn’t on sale

#6444 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29325 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:47 PM

Sorry for the delayed response but Lost Sphear is 2.4GB and I am Setsuna is 1.3GB.

thanks   

#6445 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   628 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:23 PM

Here’s another Lego Worlds DLC code up for grabs...

B106W11M48CTX5J1

Enjoy!

#6446 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2413 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:36 PM

PCGameSupply has all eShop cards 10% off again. Not enough of a deal to make a new thread about it.

#6447 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67550 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:38 PM

Here are the new deals for today:

:switch:

League of Evil - $6.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/1

Opus: Rocket of Whispers - $8.10 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 3/22

:3ds:

Code of Princess - $9.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/26

#6448 Squeegor 2  

Squeegor 2

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:10 PM

$34.99 stills seems way too high for Lost Sphere. I kinda want it but was underwhelmed by the demo. I guess I’ll wait for <$20.

Yeah that demo underwhelmed.. way to sell people on your product, Square.

#6449 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67550 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:01 PM

News from the Nindies Showcase:

• Mark of the Ninja Remastered is coming this Fall.
  • Fantasy Strike is out Summer 2018.
  • Just Shapes & Beats launches first on :switch: this Summer.
  • Garage comes first to :switch: this Spring.
  • Pool Panic is a  :switch: exclusive and is out Fall 2018.
  • Bomb Chicken comes first to  :switch: this Summer.
  • Lumines Remastered is out Spring 2018.
  • Reigns: Kings and Queens includes both games and is  :switch: exclusive. It's out this Spring.
  • Light Fall is first on  :switch: this Spring.
  • West of Loathing is  :switch: exclusive and is out this Spring.
  • Pode is coming this Spring.
  • The Messenger is out this Summer.
  • Bad North is out on  :switch: first and is out this Summer.
  • The Banner Saga 3 is coming to  :switch: this Summer. The Banner Saga 1 & 2 are coming soon to Switch.

The Showcase itself:

#6450 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3458 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:25 PM

Pretty mediocre.  Nintendo keeps saying "hey, we support digital distribution now!" when they should convince the bigger AA developers to stop remastering games and make outright sequels.