* * * * - 11 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 6/14: E3 & WB Sales! $45 BotW, $10 Golf Story, $30 Mario + Rabbids, & More!

#6811 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7622 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:16 PM

MN9 is nowhere near the worst. Unsung Story or Project Phoenix are magnitudes worse.

Yeah, I guess that depends on perspective, but the 3DS and Vita versions never arrived, so yeah, for me, it's one of the worst(and I didn't even pledge to it). I haven't heard of the other ones you mentioned, but another reason I brought up MN9, was the high level of interest it had. And what it was supposed to offer for MM fans dying for a new game. For fans of MM, I can't imagine a bigger disappointment than that. I was hoping it was going to be good, as I planned to buy it at retail.

As far as SK versions go, I think I own 3-4, as I have a few digital versions, and a few physical ones. I love supporting stuff like this, and it's far and in-between sadly, but SK is a shinning example of a awesome indie title.

#6812 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:44 PM

MN9 is nowhere near the worst. Unsung Story or Project Phoenix are magnitudes worse.

Unsung Story still isn't even close to finished is it?

#6813 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10471 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:46 PM

Are there notable Switch eShop exclusives besides Golf Story?

#6814 elessar123  

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:53 PM

They gave up on it, another company came in last year and got the rights for it, and started afresh. So, not even close.

And somehow, it's still further along than Project Phoenix, where he was accused of embezzling the $1 million into another project (Tiny Metal). Fuck that guy.

#6815 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70335 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:04 PM

I think that's the point. The original dev jumped ship and another dev picked up the game from them and is starting from scratch with a late 2019 release planned.

https://kotaku.com/a...star-1797466457

Never Stop Sneakin' and Snipperclips are both good games.

#6816 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:06 PM

They gave up on it, another company came in last year and got the rights for it, and started afresh. So, not even close.

And somehow, it's still further along than Project Phoenix, where he was accused of embezzling the $1 million into another project (Tiny Metal). Fuck that guy.

Yeesh.

I think that's the point. The original dev jumped ship and another dev picked up the game from them and is starting from scratch with a late 2019 release planned.

https://kotaku.com/a...star-1797466457

Never Stop Sneakin' and Snipperclips are both good games.

Yeah I mean MN9 at least finished. I was following along the Unsung Story for a while but eventually even the car wreck nature of it drove me off. Really sucks seeing how badly some of these kickstarters go. 

#6817 Jermainemy  

Jermainemy

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:09 PM

Depends on your definition of notable and exclusives (consoles or all?), but here's a few exclusive just to Switch:

Snipperclips

Fast RMX

Floor Kids (timed exclusive)

Kamiko

Runner 3 (not yet released)

Garage (not yet released)

Blossom Tales is console exclusive

Here's a good list of everything:

https://gematsu.com/exclusives/switch

#6818 puff1983   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:36 PM

Lasthour was the winner of the stardew valley code! 

Edit: Big shoutout to Puff1983, lets hope he doesn't have email alerts through tapatalk. 

I don't but thank you anyway!  I've never felt so helpful being so useless  :D/

#6819 Mighty Beck  

Mighty Beck

Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:49 PM

That Cave Story + price. Twice the launch price of the Steam version that came out over 6 years ago with no new content or graphics. If you need it portable, at least the 3DS version has stereoscopic 3D at $10.

I mean I get that it's probably for price parity with the physical version, but still.

#6820 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:23 PM

Has anyone played don't starve on the switch yet?
I'm really interested in checking it out and what all is included in the switch version.

#6821 chrislisting   CAGiversary! Banned   1557 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:42 AM

What rock have you been living under?

Just curious.

Only a 4 year old game an all.

I was homeless from last year (2017) to January, and I didn’t play much of my ps4 since 2014 but especially the past year, so that might answer the question....since you were so curious

#6822 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2744 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:44 AM

I was homeless from last year (2017) to January, and I didn’t play much of my ps4 since 2014 but especially the past year, so that might answer the question....since you were so curious

Lol

#6823 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:09 AM

Just wanted to point out that Star Fox Zero is 9.99 used at Gamestop and Guard is $2.99.

#6824 i Heart INdie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

i Heart INdie

Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:19 AM

I highly highly recommend Slayaway Camp... here's a review I wrote for The Indie Watch:

https://indiewatch.n...intendo-switch/

I also embedded a video in the review so that you can see some gameplay if you feel like it.

#6825 3rdShift  

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:10 AM

That Cave Story + price. Twice the launch price of the Steam version that came out over 6 years ago with no new content or graphics. If you need it portable, at least the 3DS version has stereoscopic 3D at $10.

I mean I get that it's probably for price parity with the physical version, but still.

It does have slight graphical enhancements, but the big reason I grabbed the switch version was for widescreen support.

#6826 starscream615   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   709 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

starscream615

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:38 PM

I highly highly recommend Slayaway Camp... here's a review I wrote for The Indie Watch:

https://indiewatch.n...intendo-switch/

I also embedded a video in the review so that you can see some gameplay if you feel like it.

I can’t beleive I bought it when it came out and it’s already on sale less than 3 weeks later.

#6827 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6799 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:53 PM

Lol

Yeah, Fuck ing homeless people. Just get a house.

#6828 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13180 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:21 PM

Just wanted to point out that Star Fox Zero is 9.99 used at Gamestop and Guard is $2.99.

You also still may be able to get a sealed copy as they converted new copies to used a few months ago and a lot of Gamestops had multiple copies of this game (so not just the display).

#6829 GizmoGC   I love Cheese CAGiversary!   12413 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:26 PM

I can’t beleive I bought it when it came out and it’s already on sale less than 3 weeks later.

Yeah, wow. Glad I passed on it. I'll grab it now. 

#6830 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3284 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:53 PM

Spoiler

#6831 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   794 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:32 PM

I own Slayaway Camp on PC but I'm tempted to get it on Switch because for some reason I am tempted to rebuy everything on Switch... Does anyone know if there is enough (any?) new content on the console version of the game to justify my Switch addiction?

#6832 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2744 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:35 PM

Yeah, Fuck ing homeless people. Just get a house.

The Lol wasn't about him being homeless but rather the fact that he answered the question of "what rock have you been under where you haven't heard of Shovel Knight" with the most dramatic answer of all time saying he was homeless.

#6833 starscream615   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   709 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

starscream615

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:11 PM

I own Slayaway Camp on PC but I'm tempted to get it on Switch because for some reason I am tempted to rebuy everything on Switch... Does anyone know if there is enough (any?) new content on the console version of the game to justify my Switch addiction?

It has all the additional content and dlc packs. It’s pretty awesome on Switch so I don’t feel too bad for buying it.

#6834 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   794 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:26 PM

It has all the additional content and dlc packs. It’s pretty awesome on Switch so I don’t feel too bad for buying it.

I see that it would cost $4 for me to "complete the bundle" on Steam and get everything, so $7.50 on Switch, where I might actually play it, is not a bad deal...

#6835 chrislisting   CAGiversary! Banned   1557 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:29 PM

The Lol wasn't about him being homeless but rather the fact that he answered the question of "what rock have you been under where you haven't heard of Shovel Knight" with the most dramatic answer of all time saying he was homeless.

All good guys, I doubt anyone was malicious here....

Actually I was surprised I missed the shovel knight myself because all I did the past year was read and read about upcoming stuff ;every little bit of hope and ambition helps you persevere in tough times [rebuying a switch after I was forced to sell kept a realistic goal by years end, and my wife was nice enough to make it happen]

So blame her for me revisiting the forums so frequently ;)

WAIT

WHO GOT A Labo!.!?,!.!, post review and pics please

#6836 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70335 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:53 PM

#6837 i Heart INdie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

i Heart INdie

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:16 AM

I know.... that sucks! I rarely have that happen to me as I usually buy games at 75% or more off... but with he switch's low rate of hard sales like that, it's def going to happen to me soon!!

#6838 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:58 AM

Does anyone here have a Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 1 or 2 or both code?  Here is a link to my digital items I have

https://www.cheapass...codes-to-trade/

Also looking for eShop cards or Wii U games for him so let me know what you have thanks!

#6839 Destro14  

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:23 AM

Robonauts is $2.99

https://www.nintendo...obonauts-switch

#6840 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3614 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:25 AM

Ended up getting binding of Isaac, tiny barbarians and cave story. Ittle dew is a fun Zelda clone if anyone's interested. There's some really challenging puzzles later in the game and in the secret dungeons.