* * * * - 11 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 6/14: E3 & WB Sales! $45 BotW, $10 Golf Story, $30 Mario + Rabbids, & More!

#7171 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:05 AM

Looks it's a $10 difference to pay for the digital gold edition. I don't think it would be worth since I have the regular cartridge version unless I did the math wrong.

#7172 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2999 Posts   Joined 19.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:56 AM

Here are the new deals for today:

:switch:

Darkest Dungeon - $21.24 - 15% Off - Ends 5/21

Darkest Dungeon - Ancestral Edition - $29.74 - 15% Off - Ends 5/21

Darkest Dungeon - The Crimson Court - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 5/21

Darkest Dungeon - The Shieldbreaker - $3.39 - 15% Off - Ends 5/21

Energy Invasion - $2.39 - 20% Off - Ends 5/21

Just Dance 2018 - $34.79 - 42% Off - Ends 5/21

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - $40.19 - 33% Off - Ends 5/21

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Gold Edition - $50.39 - 37% Off - Ends 5/21

Monopoly for Nintendo Switch - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/21

One More Dungeon - 6.39 - 20% Off - Ends 5/27

Rayman Legends Definitive Edition - $24.79 - 38% Off - Ends 5/21

Uno for Nintendo Switch - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 5/21

:3ds:

Squareboy vs Bullies: Arena Edition - $3.34 - 33% Off - Ends 5/27

Thanks for this. I keep waiting for Darkest Dungeon to go on sale for 20%, but I never really thought about how 5% more off would only be $1.25 less. I mean, that's a McChicken and all, but stupid to just keep waiting for it. Might as well get it now during this sale, although I would prefer the physical version for less than $30.

#7173 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:58 AM

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6241237

Anyone else notice the trailer for "megaman" to be a bit different.

#7174 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13691 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:12 AM

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6241237

Anyone else notice the trailer for "megaman" to be a bit different.

Lol, nice find!  Early E3 reveal on another remake?

#7175 FriskyTanuki   LGBT Rights & Women's Rights are Human Rights CAGiversary!   72674 Posts   Joined 19.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:06 PM

http://10tons.com/ShowNews/329.html

The Arena DLC for Neon Chrome will be out today, for the one person here that was asking about it.

#7176 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:56 PM

eShop is literally the most uncompetitive marketplace for games. Old games, minimal discounts. Renowned games are hardly ever put on sale. All these indies are great but expecting us to pay twice the asking price of buying elsewhere is ludicrous. Might as well only have 1st party games again.

#7177 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3337 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:27 PM

eShop is literally the most uncompetitive marketplace for games. Old games, minimal discounts. Renowned games are hardly ever put on sale. All these indies are great but expecting us to pay twice the asking price of buying elsewhere is ludicrous. Might as well only have 1st party games again.

Not the crowd to speak to... these are the guys who came at me for complaining about a price because Nintendo was "giving" them Mario and Zelda ... again.  :p

#7178 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   977 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:13 PM

I understand what you're saying and for that reason buy most multi-platform games on other consoles, but there is some intangible something about the Switch that is making me want certain types of games on it even if they are more expensive.  It sucks for those that only have a Nintendo console, but Nintendo has always kind of turned a blind eye to their competition and done their own thing, and for the most part succeeded? Not saying its great for the consumer or the wisest business move but Nintendo seems to give zero shits on those fronts.

#7179 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:57 PM

Nintendo and Harley Davidson, the two companies that can easily get away with charging higher prices for the same thing.

Even if other platforms are much better. I like the Switch, but when N drops a 5 year old remake for higher than the original...

Big reason I buy from BB with GCU. 

(Owned a MC dealership for 10 years, HD has the highest maintenance cost/lowest reliability/worst performance  of any brand (V-Rod, performance model co-made by Porsche, gets owned by the Honda Goldwing...) has been for 30+ years, still get the insider mags with that info. yet people will throw money at them for a new color scheme while all of the competition improves every aspect of their bikes every year)

#7180 tonyvx  

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:26 PM

This perspective completely ignores the fact that indies have been forced towards an unsustainable "race to the bottom" pricing system to remain competitive in those other marketplaces, where many just expect their games for free. Everyone's valuation of games has gone completely out of whack. Game sales should be an event, not the norm. Nintendo's stubbornness is helping to reset that. I will gladly support that stubbornness in this instance if it means indie games continue to thrive or at the very least have an opportunity to succeed.

#7181 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7736 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:27 PM

Nintendo and Harley Davidson, the two companies that can easily get away with charging higher prices for the same thing.

Even if other platforms are much better. I like the Switch, but when N drops a 5 year old remake for higher than the original...

(Owned a MC dealership for 10 years, HD has the highest maintenance cost/lowest reliability/worst performance  of any brand (V-Rod, performance model co-made by Porsche, gets owned by the Honda Goldwing...) has been for 30+ years, still get the insider mags with that info. yet people will throw money at them for a new color scheme while all of the competition improves every aspect of their bikes every year)

I would say you could add Android VS. IOS to the list as well. Why the hell people pay more for Apple products is beyond me, but I completely agree that some things just come with the "we want it" tax, and there's not much else to say. LOL

#7182 Agent Hero  

Agent Hero

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:40 PM

So you aren't tempted to buy Uno for $7?  That's a 30% savings!!!

#7183 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:44 PM

I would say you could add Android VS. IOS to the list as well. Why the hell people pay more for Apple products is beyond me, but I completely agree that some things just come with the "we want it" tax, and there's not much else to say. LOL

One difference, malware/virus. Very very few malware and no virus for iOS. Java infused into Linux kernel... there's your problem.

#7184 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   977 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:09 PM

I'm also a Harley Rider and second this sentiment :) Against better judgment I shell out more money for lower performance, less safety, and way higher maintenance costs, not to mention all the Harley Branded gear. 

#7185 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7736 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:56 PM

One difference, malware/virus. Very very few malware and no virus for iOS. Java infused into Linux kernel... there's your problem.

Yeah, that's very true, but for most users I know personally on both sides of the fence, that hasn't been an issue either way. I've never had an issue on any of my phones, and I've been using Android since it launched. But I do know that is one of the major pluses to Apple in general, as they have one unified system across unified devices. Where each hardware manufacturer in the Android arena are not created equal.

#7186 FriskyTanuki   LGBT Rights & Women's Rights are Human Rights CAGiversary!   72674 Posts   Joined 19.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:17 PM

#7187 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2055 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:52 PM

Not the crowd to speak to... these are the guys who came at me for complaining about a price because Nintendo was "giving" them Mario and Zelda ... again.  :p

I TOLD YOU TO GET OUT

#7188 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:08 PM

I'm also a Harley Rider and second this sentiment :) Against better judgment I shell out more money for lower performance, less safety, and way higher maintenance costs, not to mention all the Harley Branded gear. 

Union: Harley-Davidson will ship work to Thailand from closing U.S. plant

https://www.usatoday...lant/601033002/

#7189 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:21 PM

Union: Harley-Davidson will ship work to Thailand from closing U.S. plant

https://www.usatoday...lant/601033002/

ouch.... Yet Honda still build ATV's here in the states  :-

Sooooooooo..... to get back on topic.

We kinda knew LRG would be releasing Monsters 2. Did I miss Golf Story somewhere? I thought that was going to be released by LRG also.. or is that going to be later? The whole "hole in one" comment LRG mentioned many months ago.

Doing a quick search shows it did get ESRB approval recently (meaning it's likely getting a physical release) but no other news beyond that.

https://twinfinite.n...ysical-release/

https://www.dualshoc...witch-physical/ the old LRG comment

#7190 yourmomsnewboyfriend   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2177 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

yourmomsnewboyfriend

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:34 PM

So torn, do I buy Pixel Junk Monsters 2 on Switch and enjoy it on the new system and mobile or go with the old mainstay ps4?  And no one say buy it on all of them.

#7191 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:37 PM

So torn, do I buy Pixel Junk Monsters 2 on Switch and enjoy it on the new system and mobile or go with the old mainstay ps4?  And no one say buy it on all of them.

Switch

#7192 FriskyTanuki   LGBT Rights & Women's Rights are Human Rights CAGiversary!   72674 Posts   Joined 19.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:42 PM

Yet you know this is the only real solution.

#7193 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7736 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:33 PM

ouch.... Yet Honda still build ATV's here in the states  :-

Sooooooooo..... to get back on topic.

We kinda knew LRG would be releasing Monsters 2. Did I miss Golf Story somewhere? I thought that was going to be released by LRG also.. or is that going to be later? The whole "hole in one" comment LRG mentioned many months ago.

Doing a quick search shows it did get ESRB approval recently (meaning it's likely getting a physical release) but no other news beyond that.

https://twinfinite.n...ysical-release/

https://www.dualshoc...witch-physical/ the old LRG comment

Yeah, all we ever got was that hint and nothing more. So it's still being worked on behind the scenes and can't be announced yet. Or it may have fallen thru, and is no longer happening. Either way, we won't know until it's announced by LRG, or some one else pops up with their version.

EDIT: All of the officially announced NS titles so far are from developers LRG has already been dealing with, so no surprise those where offered first, since they have a previous relationship. No telling how much more work it is for NS in general, or how much longer it may take dealing with new developers. Any of those reasons, or none at all may be prolonging some announcements. Then with the NS preorders, who can tell how much interest there may be for an actual "exclusive", as we haven't seen any yet to judge by.

#7194 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3655 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:47 PM

https://twitter.com/...218216123858949

These steelbook editions are pretty much guaranteeing an obnoxiously marked up resellers market.

#7195 kevlar51   eats babies CAGiversary!   1213 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:48 AM

Yeah, that's very true, but for most users I know personally on both sides of the fence, that hasn't been an issue either way. I've never had an issue on any of my phones, and I've been using Android since it launched. But I do know that is one of the major pluses to Apple in general, as they have one unified system across unified devices. Where each hardware manufacturer in the Android arena are not created equal.

The closed ecosystem is a huge draw for me.
I had three android phones pretty early on (my last Android was Galaxy 2). No clue it it’s better now, but my phones were always cutting edge when purchased, and junk within 6 months because android software would push the envelope to max out the best available hardware (which was no longer my phone 6 months after purchase) so the software/firmware would slow the hell out of my phones and make them crazy hot. A huge gripe for me is cell phone reviews are never revisited after 6 months of use, so reliability is not considered.

I’ve been in iPhones since around 2013 and have never been in a position where I HAD to upgrade due to hardware, it’s simply worked as needed.

#7196 madmatt213   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   325 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

madmatt213

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:20 AM

I had to jump ship from Android a few years ago when I realized that no one would ever make a decent, small Android phone again. I've had my iPhone SE ever since, and furiously checking for rumors every week to see what Apple will do with a 2nd gen model.

#7197 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   6432 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:34 AM

I've owned a single smart phone in my life, for about three and a half years now, and didn't pay a cent more for it than my plan would have cost me anyway.

It's an iPhone 5c.

#7198 chrislisting   CAGiversary! Banned   1557 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:26 AM

The eshop is surprisingly as good, if not a better deal, than major retailers...of course, you have to catch the right sale, and also have acquired an eshop card for $42 or some gold points, BUT whatever the case is, you can actually pay way less and sometimes virtually nothing if you accrued enough....so why listen to anyone (who is also not a regular switch sub forum person of positive input) or anything that says otherwise when almost all of us here know better?

Anyone get South Park?

#7199 Number 216   Hasa Diga Eebowai! CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Number 216

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:21 PM

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Traphas been discounted from $19.99 to $9.99 until May 22nd on all platforms. 

Switch link provided. 

#7200 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:11 PM

No south park yet, I'm waiting for some friends to get it first and play it.
The street fighter anniversary might be my next physical purchase.