* * * * - 11 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 6/14: E3 & WB Sales! $45 BotW, $10 Golf Story, $30 Mario + Rabbids, & More!

#7621 6er   Hoping "The Wall" has Gold doors CAGiversary!   2791 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:54 AM

So my kids still really play the Wii u quite a bit. So I decided to replace the thermal paste on my launch unit. Glad I did, not sure it's supposed to be this dry, but the paste mat from the factory is pretty close to powder at this point.
Just a link as to not overdo the OTness
http://imgur.com/KJzE6Kf

It actually became more adhesive/moist when I put isopropyl alochol on it. Never seen that before!

#7622 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1757 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:15 AM

Just wanted to double check on which game you are referring to getting the $30 trade credit for and what promo or store.

oh sorry, I quoted the guy talking about Breath of the Wild. BB with GCU is like $30 and GS is $27ish i think

He mentioned some 40% bonus.. was curious.

#7623 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 16 June 2018 - 05:18 AM

Think I'm finally gonna cave and get Splatoon. 

#7624 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1835 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 16 June 2018 - 05:38 AM

oh sorry, I quoted the guy talking about Breath of the Wild. BB with GCU is like $30 and GS is $27ish i think

That's ok, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on a promo for the switch cartridge I want to trade for the eshop edition.

#7625 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7644 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:52 AM

No release dates have been announced for Dead Cells as far as I know but on Amazon they have it listed for August 21st?

https://www.amazon.c...56YEJWWGNWP797C

Seems much more specific than a standard placeholder date. Seems like it may be legit?

#7626 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10346 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:32 AM

Pokemon Quest has no way to Mark Pokemon so that you don't actually use them for Move Training or Level-up Training. I accidentally used my shiny Ekans in Move Training, and I was pretty disappointed to lose it. Pokemon Go has a marker feature to prevent a player from inadvertantly transferring a Pokemon they would probably rather not. Quest could benefit from such a feature.

Considering the shiny Ekans was the second shiny I had received in Quest, it wasn't awesome to see it vanish.

Edit: The game rewarded me with a shiny Doduo soon after for my grief. :bouncy:

#7627 Glas   Rhythm Game Maniac CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 01:19 PM

So i just got a switch, if I buy a us card or PayPal with PayPal can I change to Mexico can I go back to US region and keep the game?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

#7628 AMillsy   Central Michigan CAG CAGiversary!   490 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:08 PM

So i just got a switch, if I buy a us card or PayPal with PayPal can I change to Mexico can I go back to US region and keep the game?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Yes. I bought a game on the Mexico eShop and it shows up as “purchased” on the USA eShop as well.

The one catch I’ve noticed is that if you have a balance on your account in one country, you can’t change your country until that balance is gone. In my case, I had a $5 balance in the US eShop and had to spend it before I could change to Mexico to buy anything there.

#7629 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6287 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:44 PM

Yes. I bought a game on the Mexico eShop and it shows up as “purchased” on the USA eShop as well.

The one catch I’ve noticed is that if you have a balance on your account in one country, you can’t change your country until that balance is gone. In my case, I had a $5 balance in the US eShop and had to spend it before I could change to Mexico to buy anything there.

WOW, that seems weird, but it may have to do with currency conversions. So once you get rid of the US dollars, then do you have to add funds once in the Mexico shop? If that's the case, then good to know for the future.

#7630 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4268 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:54 PM

I hit a roadblock in Pokémon Quest, but I'm going to push through it. Are there only 10 levels or does another island unlock? I'm at the end of levels 8 and 9.

#7631 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4268 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:56 PM

Think I'm finally gonna cave and get Splatoon.

I caved and got Splatoon 2 + the Octo expansion. Planning on starting today. Played Puyo Puyo Tetris for the first time and had a "fun" time getting my butt kicked online.

#7632 PAULINK   Woah, I can edit this? CAGiversary!   396 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 04:03 PM

Tempted on getting Ultra Street Fighter 2, seldom see the physical go on sale. I expected it to happen after the 30th collection release, but retailers seem stubborn on this.

#7633 morbitrius   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

morbitrius

Posted 16 June 2018 - 04:12 PM

No release dates have been announced for Dead Cells as far as I know but on Amazon they have it listed for August 21st?

https://www.amazon.c...56YEJWWGNWP797C

Seems much more specific than a standard placeholder date. Seems like it may be legit?

Hopefully we're close! I played a good chunk of Dead Cells on Steam, but I decided to stop and wait until the Switch version came out and start over. Plenty of games in my backlog to tackle in the meantime, plus my current obsession with Slay the Spire, which would be great to see on the Switch too some day.

#7634 AMillsy   Central Michigan CAG CAGiversary!   490 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 04:17 PM

WOW, that seems weird, but it may have to do with currency conversions. So once you get rid of the US dollars, then do you have to add funds once in the Mexico shop? If that's the case, then good to know for the future.

That’s exactly what it is. Makes sense, though.

I just link a credit card with no foreign transaction fees on it (Chase Amazon Visa, American Express, whatever) and use that when buying from another country. When I did that to buy Hollow Knight it showed up on my statement as $7 and some change - not as a foreign amount. It’s really easy.

#7635 Touch3  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 07:06 PM

Gamestop currently has a deal for "Get up to 40% bonus when you trade towards digital currency."  So for an Elite Pro member:

BotW base credit: 25

Elite Pro: 30

Elite Pro+trade towards a Nintendo eshop card: 35

The "up to" being the operative part of that deal.  I ended up going through with it.  In the end, I figured it was worth it to me to pay a $10 fee to not have to worry about a cartridge anymore.

#7636 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2288 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 16 June 2018 - 07:31 PM

What are people's opinions on has been heroes? $10 seems reasonable.

#7637 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1757 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 16 June 2018 - 07:40 PM

that may be over priced.

Honestly its not that bad, on release i think there were some really bad bugs that did get addressed. And the gameplay isnt much to write home about.

Go watch some gameplays, i know some people really liked it despite the issues.. i have not played it since launch, i was going to go back once i heard about the patches. I never thought it was anything special though.

Long story, but i got it free digitaly and ended up buying a new physical copy for $10. (Got the digital copy later, was going to trade in the physical copy for $13 but the price tanked before i could)

#7638 captcrash83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

captcrash83

Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:19 PM

Gamestop currently has a deal for "Get up to 40% bonus when you trade towards digital currency." So for an Elite Pro member:
BotW base credit: 25
Elite Pro: 30
Elite Pro+trade towards a Nintendo eshop card: 35

The "up to" being the operative part of that deal. I ended up going through with it. In the end, I figured it was worth it to me to pay a $10 fee to not have to worry about a cartridge anymore.

Does that deal apply to Nintendo digital currency as well? The deals page mentions PSN, Xbox and ITunes, but not Nintendo...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

#7639 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2288 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:20 PM

Does that deal apply to Nintendo digital currency as well? The deals page mentions PSN, Xbox and ITunes, but not Nintendo...

Yes it's in the ad this week

#7640 dok5555555  

dok5555555

Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:40 PM

EDIT: Nevermind, Separate deal apparently.  One in the ad is towards digital currency cards.

I don't know if you wanted it for Fortnite but the deal says you need to use it for Fortnite.

Get up to 40% Credit when you trade toward Xbox, PlayStation, and iTunes currency cards to use when you play Fortnite

#7641 sr_388   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:05 AM

It's toward iTunes, eShop, Xbox or PSN currency:

https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

In the middle of Page 7.

#7642 dok5555555  

dok5555555

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:13 AM

It's toward iTunes, eShop, Xbox or PSN currency:

https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

In the middle of Page 7.

O ok, nevermind then.  Their trade values page said Fortnite, guess they haven't updated it for the ad yet.

#7643 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2288 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:13 AM

O ok, nevermind then. Their trade values page said Fortnite, guess they haven't updated it for the ad yet.

It says to use to play fortnite because it is sponsored by fortnite, you can use the currency cards towards whatever you want. Nintendo eShop cards were added this week because of the announcement of fortnite on switch.

#7644 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10346 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:58 PM

I hit a roadblock in Pokémon Quest, but I'm going to push through it. Are there only 10 levels or does another island unlock? I'm at the end of levels 8 and 9.

It looks like there is only the one island. The Pokemon Quest website makes no reference to other islands. It appears the whole game is contained on Tumblecube Island. It seems like it gives a lot of playtime, though.

#7645 Glas   Rhythm Game Maniac CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:35 AM

any good game on mex us eshop for 7 USD?

#7646 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1757 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:50 AM

So traded in BotW today along with State of decay year one (got the digital copy with the steelbook Decay 2) And picked up a $50 card.

Get home and after I add the money, buy BotW digitally... and get 225 Gold Points. Nice, 225+ whatever I got for the physical copy.. Thanks N!

#7647 Squeegor 2  

Squeegor 2

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:32 AM

Lol @ Plague Road for $1. It's like they can't give it away.

#7648 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1757 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:49 AM

2nd time in a month?

Kinda says a lot...

https://psprices.com...216/plague-road

Look at the graph... ouch 

#7649 madmatt213   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

madmatt213

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:09 PM

2nd time in a month?

Kinda says a lot...

https://psprices.com...216/plague-road

Look at the graph... ouch 

The $1 sales are definitely working! Plague Road is on the Best Sellers list for Download-Only titles, and is on the verge of breaking onto the all Best Sellers list (on North American eShop, at least).

#7650 starscream615   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   506 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

starscream615

Posted 18 June 2018 - 05:29 PM

I should have waited. Bought it at $6. Worth a buck though.

In other news, Lost Sphere is 50% off at $24.99