* * * * * 9 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 8/17: $11.20 Fast Racing Neo, $6 Unlucky Mage, and More!

#61 mokmoof   Me Bil CAGiversary!   1531 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:15 PM

No, there's no price attached to it otherwise that would allow it to qualify for one of the Gold Point tiers.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info there.

On a related note, how's WarioWare Touched? Never played that one.

Shameless self-promotion: I write words at the Everybody's Talking at Once blog and cast pods on the ETAO Podcast.

#62 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65079 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:18 PM

I had that before. It was called get the codes from titles at the used video game stores!

Bragging about theft. Great.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#63 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2509 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:25 PM

Many people said they never got any confirmation emails (or didn't get then for several hours) when registering their My Nintendo account; most of those people were using Yahoo mail. After trying several times and waiting about twelve hours, I tried my Gmail account instead and got a response immediately.

Later in I tried to go back to using my Yahoo account... but could never get the confirmation email.

#64 chipzilla   Talk real good 'cause I'm smart 'n stuff CAGiversary!   265 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

chipzilla

Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:18 PM

Many people said they never got any confirmation emails (or didn't get then for several hours) when registering their My Nintendo account; most of those people were using Yahoo mail. After trying several times and waiting about twelve hours, I tried my Gmail account instead and got a response immediately.

Later in I tried to go back to using my Yahoo account... but could never get the confirmation email.

Just checked again and got the confirmation email with code. I prefer to keep my Gmail account for mostly personal email and the Yahoo account for all else, so I'm glad I didn't have to change it.

chipzilla.pngcard.png

#65 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2509 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:23 PM

I finally got Miitomo working. I deleted and reinstalled it, but it still didn't work. Tried again and it did.

#66 leichstein   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

leichstein

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:05 PM

This. I tried to get the verification codes sent to my yahoo yesterday. Each time it never came. I got the idea to switch it over to one of my gmail accounts and it came instantly. Funny enough, I got a barrage of verification codes in my yahoo account today.

Also, does anyone know when the eshop is going to add more snes games for the 3ds? Or is it going to be the painfully slow trickle and eventual stop like with wii games for the wiiu?

#67 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10268 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:11 PM

I also got the 200 Platinum coins last night for being a Club Nintendo member. Downloaded the Zelda Picross game. Seems pretty good for free. 

And since folks are discussing Yahoo problems, my email came to Gmail. 

#68 jres80   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   128 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:56 PM

FYI: WarioWare Touched reward expires July 1st. Twilight Princess Picross expires October 1st.

If you're interested in both, you should pickup WarioWare first. It's not a big deal either way, though. You can easily get about 1000 platinum coins (the cost of either) a month just by logging into MyNintendo and Miiverse once a week, as well as the coins you get every day from Miitomo (takes about 2 minutes a day).

#69 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1819 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:59 PM

Well, I just can't get Miitomo to work.  Maybe I'll try installing it on my mom's tablet.  What a disappointment.

If this is what happens when Nintendo isn't working on their own hardware, I hope they never go 3rd party.

#70 iPayMSRP  

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:02 AM

Gotcha. Thanks for the info there.

On a related note, how's WarioWare Touched? Never played that one.

It's pretty dang good. There's no good visualization for it on WiiU though as you usually need both screens so you get stuck with that gimpy DS sim view.

I think it's probably the weakest of the Warioware games that are still good, maybe tied with Smooth Moves, but it's certainly still fun.

#71 matrix9280   CAGiversary! Banned   1839 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

matrix9280

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:20 AM

What's this Picross everyone talk about. Sounds like something old women play.

Never stop making them pay.

#72 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65079 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:32 AM

It's pretty dang good. There's no good visualization for it on WiiU though as you usually need both screens so you get stuck with that gimpy DS sim view.

I think it's probably the weakest of the Warioware games that are still good, maybe tied with Smooth Moves, but it's certainly still fun.

WarioWare Touched is for 3DS, not Wii U.

What's this Picross everyone talk about. Sounds like something old women play.

Nintendo's best franchise.

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#73 Snarky   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   227 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:42 AM

I got my email from Nintendo today, Comcast marked it as "spam" so you might want to really check there.

In the email you get a unique code for My Nintendo Platinum Points that you can redeem on My Nintendo under "redeem a point code" option.  It is in the upper left of the browser, which is really dinky and easy to miss if you have a high resolution.  Take out the "-" if you try pasting it in and get 200 Plat points.

The email was from nintendo AT em-news.nintendo.com.

Even though "Miitomo Platinum Points" and "'regular' Platinum Points" combine, I do wonder if there are going to be more non-miitomo ways to get "platinum points"  besides the eShop and Miiverse weekly sign on.

#74 theemadgamer   SILENCE! I keel you! CAGiversary!   951 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

theemadgamer

Posted 02 April 2016 - 02:18 AM

My Mii sounded fine in set up, now she sounds like Siri smoked something....

#75 jres80   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   128 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2016 - 02:32 AM

My Mii sounded fine in set up, now she sounds like Siri smoked something....

You can edit your Mii settings. I forget which option it is, but it's there in the menu.

#76 iPayMSRP  

Posted 02 April 2016 - 02:38 AM

WarioWare Touched is for 3DS, not Wii U.

Nintendo's best franchise.

Well, I bought it on WiiU. As a rare gift on 3DS, that's a pretty kicking deal.

#77 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:37 AM

I received the Club Nintendo code for 200 coins to my yahoo on the 31st.  I am still trying to figure this and Miitomo out.  I do not buy a lot of digital games but I do have some VC games I can transfer to Wii U to get an upgrade if they count.

#78 matrix9280   CAGiversary! Banned   1839 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

matrix9280

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:56 AM

I received the Club Nintendo code for 200 coins to my yahoo on the 31st.  I am still trying to figure this and Miitomo out.  I do not buy a lot of digital games but I do have some VC games I can transfer to Wii U to get an upgrade if they count.

My Nintendo. Club Nintendo is dead.

Never stop making them pay.

#79 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2509 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:49 AM

^He's talking about the 200 coins you get for previously having a Club Nintendo account.

#80 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   727 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted 02 April 2016 - 11:23 AM

My son is not quite 13 yet, so I am the coin collector in our house since he can't link his Nin ID to Miitomo. When you redeem a reward for Picross or WarioWare, does it automatically link to your Nin ID or do you get a d/l code that can be used with any account?

Rockin' it old school single-player style!

Find me on Xbox Live at Gamertag ...

FloriDUH+JBot.png

#81 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65079 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 April 2016 - 01:34 PM

My son is not quite 13 yet, so I am the coin collector in our house since he can't link his Nin ID to Miitomo. When you redeem a reward for Picross or WarioWare, does it automatically link to your Nin ID or do you get a d/l code that can be used with any account?

It's a code, but it'll let you redeem it to your account on the same page.

#82 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1596 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:33 PM

So are new games going to include pamphlets with codes for gold coins like clubnintendo used to do?

And I'm screwed again. I had to use a different email, because My Nintendo wouldn't work with Yahoo mail.

I use yahoo. I just signed in with my existing nintendo id and got the 200 coins. At least I think I did. I didn't even enter the code they sent in the email. Unless everyone started with 200 by default and the code was for an additional 200?

#83 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65079 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:38 PM

Yeah, all I did was tell it to make the My Nintendo account login my NNID login that I used on the 3DS/Wii U.

#84 jres80   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   128 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:39 PM

So are new games going to include pamphlets with codes for gold coins like clubnintendo used to do?

We don't know yet, but it's highly likely. There is an area on the website for entering codes, for instance, as seen with the "Former Club Nintendo 200 Coin" email. They've also stated that while the rewards are digital at first, they'll be introducing physical rewards.

#85 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2509 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:52 PM

I use yahoo. I just signed in with my existing nintendo id and got the 200 coins. At least I think I did. I didn't even enter the code they sent in the email. Unless everyone started with 200 by default and the code was for an additional 200?

We're not sure how it's going to work, but they said they will offer coins for retail games eventually.

And the Club Nintendo coins are in addition to the ones you automatically receive. You're supposed to get an email with a code; enter it in My Nintendo and you get 200 more coins.

#86 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1596 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:25 PM

We're not sure how it's going to work, but they said they will offer coins for retail games eventually.

And the Club Nintendo coins are in addition to the ones you automatically receive. You're supposed to get an email with a code; enter it in My Nintendo and you get 200 more coins.

Oh Okay. I didn't even see the menu on the side. Well redeemed my bonus coins. Now if only I can get the app to work on my phone. I tried the uninstall/reinstall, but that didn't work.

#87 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   2166 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:49 PM

I'm going to have a tough time earning gold. I've only got one or two virtual console upgrades left and the only DLC I want is Hyrule Warriors.

What do you mean by virtual console upgrades? Like buying on 3ds and then on wii u or vice versa.
Posted Image

#88 DNukem170   Please kill me. I'm begging you. CAGiversary!   8864 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

DNukem170

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:24 PM

What do you mean by virtual console upgrades? Like buying on 3ds and then on wii u or vice versa.

Wii to Wii U.

Somebody please kill me.

#89 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65079 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:18 PM

The discounts they offer on Wii U VC games that you owned on the Wii you transferred over.

#90 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   2166 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:46 PM

^^^ ah ok thanks for the clarification guys
Posted Image