CAGcast #444: Psychic Sidekicks

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The crew talks Quantum Break, PS4k, Miitomo, Batman v Superman, VR, and of course Smart Doorbells.

Download (1 hours 7 minutes) - iTunes - Stitcher - RSS
https://audioboom.com/boos/4376573-cagcast-444-psychic-sidekicks/

Get $5 off your order (with free shipping) at http://www.harrys.com with coupon code CAGCAST

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro -  "Get Busy" - Mr. Mermaid

Outro -  Computron vs Abominus

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook
Youtube (Subscribe)

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it looks like cheapy got the download link wrong, and forgot the dot before mp3, try this one

or you can copy the link, add the dot yourself and when it starts up press ctrl+s

Shipwreck, SNES emulation on the original 3DS via both Romcarts and Homebrew are not at a perfect level. Here is the description for one emulators compatibility list for Earthbound

Game has some graphical glitches, but otherwise loads normally. Some battle backgrounds are discoloured unless hardware rendering is disabled. Some battles have minor slowdown. Music and SFX glitches every once in a while, nothing major.
And there are plenty of games, such as Mario Kart, that don't even boot on the emulator. I don't think Nintendo wants to sell their games if they don't meet a certain level of quality- it's why they never ended up selling those GBA games they gave to 3DS owner as part of the Ambassador program. I don't think Nintendo is willing to give up selling to its large base of 3DS and 3DSXL owners if they didn't have to.

I was in a perpetually grumpy state all week, but I was laughing and in good spirits by the time Wombat brought up the tiny violins. Thanks guys

Cheapy, you've pretty much said everything I've heard about 4K when people are being objective about it. I'm an audio guy and to me 4K video seems a lot like hi res audio, something that on paper makes sense but in real world application few people can actually tell a difference. Something else to keep in mind, Best Buy TVs are notorious for being rigged to look "better" in that environment. If someone can't see a benefit in that environment where the scales are tipped in that direction already, that's saying something.

Also, still agree with you guys 100% on VR.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too felt a little bummed and Wombat's crack at CheapyD made my day.

After listening to CheapyD talk about Quantum Break it reminds me of the superpowers of Infamous, the cinematics of Yakuza, and the gunplay of any typical Western game these days. What's with developers that they gotta make any AAA game a shoot 'em up. Then again you could ask the same about Japanese developers and their juvenile views on sexuality. I'll probably check it out one day or watch a Twitch.

Today is the fifteenth anniversary of the Dreamcast's demise. I hope Shipwreck had something planned.

2 things. Number 1: You need to tip your mail carrier once a year during the holidays. Cookies, Candy, etc. No Money. Number 2: Yeah, people have mail slots in their doors. Anyways my guess is the previous owner gave some great cookies during the holidays and now he/she has to deal with your no cookie giving ass. :p

This is the person that deals with your expensive packages and shit, so don't get on their bad side.

Damn Cheapy, I remember when you got suckered into buying $1000 kitchen cabinet panels for an apt in Japan that you don't even live at anymore...and now you won't even spring for a new door at a house you OWN lol...Oh the irony, great show as always

In my neighborhood there are a few doors with mail slots, BUT there is always a mailbox next to the door.

CheapyD might have to wait a while for a new door anyway, considering he hasn't found one that fit his home, and will have to custom build one. As long as it's solid like a rock, it'll be okay.

I feel like wombat is the only "average joe" of the group, he has more "real" money problems than cheapy and shipwreck. Wombat is needing to buy a refrigerator while cheapy discusses super omega doorbell 3000 and his gold plated ping pong table. Should we start a kickstarter for wombats fridge?

When you guys tell us a story of your wife responding to you, you use your regular voice. So now I always picture them talking to you but as you guys wearing wigs.

Ship is putting so much effort into being politely optimistic about VR I was worried he'd pull a muscle. It's appreciated!

Love the show, as always. Definitely brings a smile to my face.

One request: given that basically nothing about your show caters to cheap-asses anymore, could you go into your back catalogs (360, Wii, PS3, and such) and recommend games that you enjoyed, that are cheap now? I know you guys have a huge inventory of games (Shipwreck especially) and it'd be nice to hear some retrospectives on things that are now relegated to the bargain bin.

Don't fault you for having money, but the show has definitely drifted away from its original themes.

Love the show, as always. Definitely brings a smile to my face.

One request: given that basically nothing about your show caters to cheap-asses anymore, could you go into your back catalogs (360, Wii, PS3, and such) and recommend games that you enjoyed, that are cheap now? I know you guys have a huge inventory of games (Shipwreck especially) and it'd be nice to hear some retrospectives on things that are now relegated to the bargain bin.

Don't fault you for having money, but the show has definitely drifted away from its original themes.
I personally like the show a lot in the current format. I don't mind the guys not talking about deals as much as they used to as this whole site and forum is dedicated to that. I actually enjoy listening to the random conversations like Cheapy and his new future doorbell or project basement at the Shipwreck mansion. I do really like the idea of doing a weekly segment of recommending an older game that is currently selling a CAG price. Whatever they do though I'll continue to listen and hope the CAGCast goes on forever.

bread's done
Back