Free closed Multiplayer Beta codes for DOOM in GameStop stores on April 1 at 6 p.m. EST

For Paul

CAGiversary!
Visit your Local GameStop on April 1st to receive access to the DOOM Beta!

Come into stores on April 1st, at 6 p.m. EST to get a free code to participate in the closed Multiplayer Beta for DOOM from April 2nd through April 3rd. No purchase or pre-order required.

*While Supplies Last. See stores for Detail

Store Customers Only:Code will be printed on the April Demon ID Card or printed on Receipt.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/doom/123068

Wait, I am confused. You get it on your receipt if you buy something, but what about if you do not? Is it 6 local or can I go to my store at 5 Central?

The hell is a demon ID card?

Wait, I am confused. You get it on your receipt if you buy something, but what about if you do not? Is it 6 local or can I go to my store at 5 Central?
"No purchase or pre-order required." as for time conversion use Google.

Last edited by a moderator:
The hell is a demon ID card?

"No purchase or pre-order required." as for time conversion use Google.
Promo collectible cards.
By the front register most likely.
Ask your store associate for details.

EcLRJnx.jpg

played the beta for about an hour and didnt like it.

Halo 5 multiplayer is much much better.
As a long-time Halo fan, I still don't get why people like Halo 5 so much. The maps are just so bad they ruin everything else. Riptide might be the worst multiplayer map I've played in my life.

I'm enjoying it a lot. Very old school and fast paced, Unreal Tournament like.
While watching streams, I actually thought it was slow. Quake seemed to move faster. I really just wish they'd gone with weapon pickups, rather than loadouts.

I'm enjoying it a lot. Very old school and fast paced, Unreal Tournament like.
halo 5 has a faster pace. thats 1 of the many negatives I didnt like about Doom (unless there is a speed button I missed)

Halo 5 movement and pace feels more fluid and natural

As a long-time Halo fan, I still don't get why people like Halo 5 so much. The maps are just so bad they ruin everything else. Riptide might be the worst multiplayer map I've played in my life.

While watching streams, I actually thought it was slow. Quake seemed to move faster. I really just wish they'd gone with weapon pickups, rather than loadouts.
I can't stand that map, although I have enjoyed Halo 5. Warzone and breakout have been a fresh twist.

I don't get how the maps are so bad. Halo 4's maps were really solid. Haven is one of the best halo maps in general imo. Idk what went wrong with halo 5's maps. They are just bad. The breakout maps are pretty good though.

I can't stand that map, although I have enjoyed Halo 5. Warzone and breakout have been a fresh twist.
Breakout is kind of OK, I guess. I just don't bother to play it. Warzone, I think it to be a good idea turned into a total disaster. The bosses mean too much, and who gets credit for killing them is just bullet RNG. I hate when you're team does 80% of the damage to a boss, but the other team shows up late, starts firing, and they get 150 points for their efforts. It's not fun, it's bad luck that manifests itself CONSTANTLY in that game mode. Plus, most of the bosses are bad. Warden was a terrible antagonist in the campaign, and he's even worse as a Warzone boss. That he just hangs out in a small area and shoots on rare occasions isn't interesting. He's not difficult, he's just a giant bullet sponge.

Basically, it's gotten to the point I haven't used a singe REQ in months. They don't mean much of anything. The games end up decided by random, overly valuable Legendary Boss kills. Bases barely matter, if you get those 450 Legendary Boss points, then a couple of the 25-point bosses. Halo 5's kind of just beaten the life out of me. I don't play it because I'm not all that good, and I don't enjoy being bad at games. But, beyond that, I don't even enjoy winning much. However, that's because of how bad the matchmaking and ranking systems are. Those are just inexplicably and inexcusably terrible.

I don't get how the maps are so bad. Halo 4's maps were really solid. Haven is one of the best halo maps in general imo. Idk what went wrong with halo 5's maps. They are just bad. The breakout maps are pretty good though.
Haven is a balanced map, but that's about it. It's OK, but it still felt too short, especially with 10 people on the maps. Breakout maps, I just hate the aesthetics. The blue grids wreck my depth perception.

I have t

Breakout is kind of OK, I guess. I just don't bother to play it. Warzone, I think it to be a good idea turned into a total disaster. The bosses mean too much, and who gets credit for killing them is just bullet RNG. I hate when you're team does 80% of the damage to a boss, but the other team shows up late, starts firing, and they get 150 points for their efforts. It's not fun, it's bad luck that manifests itself CONSTANTLY in that game mode. Plus, most of the bosses are bad. Warden was a terrible antagonist in the campaign, and he's even worse as a Warzone boss. That he just hangs out in a small area and shoots on rare occasions isn't interesting. He's not difficult, he's just a giant bullet sponge.

Basically, it's gotten to the point I haven't used a singe REQ in months. They don't mean much of anything. The games end up decided by random, overly valuable Legendary Boss kills. Bases barely matter, if you get those 450 Legendary Boss points, then a couple of the 25-point bosses. Halo 5's kind of just beaten the life out of me. I don't play it because I'm not all that good, and I don't enjoy being bad at games. But, beyond that, I don't even enjoy winning much. However, that's because of how bad the matchmaking and ranking systems are. Those are just inexplicably and inexcusably terrible.
I have to agree the ranking system is complete shit. I work all month to get to Platinum to only have my ranking reset at the beginning of each month, Then I go 7-3 and shoot decent only to be rewarded as a Silver 3. I do enjoy Swat also.

I love the beta (And Halo 5, I think the maps are great in H5 personally), DOOM is definitely faster paced overall, there is no run button but that is because you just generally move super fast and the weapons kill quickly (Plus you can teleport!) 

I can't even access the beta. I downloaded it last night and when I accept the terms, I am unable to press Continue. It's like the controller stops functioning and the only button that works is "X" D:

I have t

I have to agree the ranking system is complete shit. I work all month to get to Platinum to only have my ranking reset at the beginning of each month, Then I go 7-3 and shoot decent only to be rewarded as a Silver 3. I do enjoy Swat also.
Weird. The ranking works fine for me. Was a Diamond but now that I don't play much I hover in high to low Platinum every month. I get matched with low diamonds, high to mid plats and have great competitive matches.

Halo 5 is great! It's new and fresh while still retaining the essence of Halo. I hated Reach and Halo 4 but absolutely loved Halo 5 MP. Yes it's faster but it's balanced and still puts major focus on weapon and map control. it's a team based arena shooter. It's Halo. Sucks to hear you didn't like it.

Not able to make it to a GameStop, but if anyone ends up snagging an extra PS4 code...

Anyway, excited to hear what people say about this.  I want to hear good things!

Gamestop asked me for my number and printed it out on a receipt so I doubt multiple codes will be handed out unless theyre on cards

Halo 5 is great! It's new and fresh while still retaining the essence of Halo. I hated Reach and Halo 4 but absolutely loved Halo 5 MP. Yes it's faster but it's balanced and still puts major focus on weapon and map control. it's a team based arena shooter. It's Halo. Sucks to hear you didn't like it.
I don't know how you think Halo 5 to be balanced. Empire and Eden are the only maps I can say are better than terrible. The others are a mix of unbalanced (Plaza, Pegasus, Riptide) and WAY too tiny (Fathom, Regret, Truth). Halo 4 wasn't nearly as bad, just because its maps weren't as awful. Abandon was one of the worst I'd ever played (especially for CtF), but at least they had some fun ones like Complex and Adrift. Halo 5's Arena maps have no redeeming qualities. It's picking between ones with camp points and ones with spawn deaths.

I'm installing the DOOM beta now, though. I went right at 5 to GameStop and got my dad his PC code, no problem. The second store, I went to get my XB1 code (since I'm not buying a new video card to play this). The guy wanted my PURP account, for whatever reason. I then had to go to some play at my little brothers' school, so I just got home a bit ago. Hopefully it doesn't take too long, but 10-11 GB won't be a short wait.

I got in the beta due to wolfenstein. Wow this beta turns my ps4 into an overheating airplane. Reminds me of sitting in the helicopter in mgs v. Kinda scary and i dont want my ps4 to break.

I did play for a little bit and i think the mp isn't great but i dunno. May still pre-order from best buy for the single player 💁

Played several matches, and I'm still unsure of my feelings. Just some notes, positive and negative...

Positive:

--Aiming feels good. While Halo 5's aiming is rather inconsistent, based on distance, DOOM feels pretty smooth and enjoyable, just from the standpoint of aiming.

--Map design is solid, with several routes vertically and horizontally, which supports the ability to have cover and stay moving/alert to your surroundings. It doesn't feel like a wild rush like CoD because it doesn't have super-wide halls and large, open areas to sprint around in forever.

--The weapons feels reasonably balanced, I suppose. The rockets might be a bit overpowered, but not terribly so. I only got to try the Heavy Assault Rifle, Super Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, and Vortex Rifle (or whatever they call the sniper). Frags might be too strong, but again, not terribly so.

Negative:

--Stability is definitely not there yet. I had the game outright crash once. One 2-3 occasions, the thing just acted like the old "Spectator Mode," letting me choose to quit, but without response from the interface to let me respawn or do anything. Some lag ensued, with a couple of times where a guy was opposite me through cover, only to kill me from behind.

--Weapon customization is bad. The patterns are lame, and the "regular" colors are plain ugly. Maybe the matte ones will look better, and hopefully we get more colors. The same goes for armor, where the colors are too glossy-looking, even for "glossy" paint.

--This isn't old-school like I was totally excited for. For starters, loadouts suck. I wanted a starter gun and pickups, with the old ability to cycle through your 8 different guns. It's also lame that you can't overheal by being at 100 and grabbing the +5 health packs, which then slowly trickled down. The former's a much bigger issue than the latter, though the high number of HP pickups makes me long for overheal.

Generally pleased, but I need to go put in quite a bit more time (right now). It's not perfect, and I have to say that my complaints are things that aimed to modernize it by copying CoD (specifically, the loadouts).

Played about 5 matches, didn't like a single second of it. Seems incredibly simplistic/watered down, almost to the point of reminding me of playing mobile-phone FPS games (numberz ERRY'Where). SW Battlefront felt strikingly similar in its gunplay to be honest, and that's not a good thing.

This seems like a misguided attempt to "recapture" the feel of old school doom, while ignoring any of the innovations that came from iD's later games. Don't get me wrong, I love the original DOOM games....this is nothing like them.

We'll see if the single-player ends up being fun, at least. Other wise, I don't recommend going out of your way to hit up Gamestop for this.

Played about 5 matches, didn't like a single second of it. Seems incredibly simplistic/watered down, almost to the point of reminding me of playing mobile-phone FPS games (numberz ERRY'Where). SW Battlefront felt strikingly similar in its gunplay to be honest, and that's not a good thing.

This seems like a misguided attempt to "recapture" the feel of old school doom, while ignoring any of the innovations that came from iD's later games. Don't get me wrong, I love the original DOOM games....this is nothing like them.

We'll see if the single-player ends up being fun, at least. Other wise, I don't recommend going out of your way to hit up Gamestop for this.
Yes. Attempts to be like an arena shooter(UT/Quake) but not very fun at all. If you were much more mobile and it was more fast paced it would actually be fun.

I actually felt the opposite, both with DOOM and Battlefront. I like that they aren't all ADHD with too much to do to even bother with. I like dialing back the extras and focusing on the shooting. I absolutely hated Black Ops 3 because you had 2 guns, 2 types of equipment, 3 perks, 3 killstreaks, and then the class ability on top. It's too much and makes games a mess.

I even thought that DOOM had a little too much, in that I wasn't a fan of the throwable frag. I'd rather see an old grenade launcher. That said, after years of having 12 buttons to press at a given time in games, it was a bit weird to look at the control scheme and see X, Y, LB, and LS go unused.

Yes. Attempts to be like an arena shooter(UT/Quake) but not very fun at all. If you were much more mobile and it was more fast paced it would actually be fun.
I'd have liked a bit faster pace too, and larger maps. I hope Snapmap or whatever gets you things like Vortex Portal from old Quake, where it's open with a lot of jump pads and wildness (though a Revenant in a map that open would be crazy). I don't think you need to be more mobile, though. I don't need a Halo Thruster Pack of a sprint-slide deal or anything. Good speed and double-jump would be enough to me. They mixed in a little too much modern with the throwing item and loadouts, but I'm overall OK with it. It would really be great, though, if they put in a few larger maps and had a "Classic Arena" mode or something, where you pick up all weapons and have those weapon rushes of old. It can feel a little boring when you have nothing going on for 2 minutes while you stroll about looking for someone.

I played for a few hours last night and definitely enjoyed it for the most part. I do agree with Frier that the customization is gross-looking and having loadouts is disappointing.

bread's done
Back