Nintendo 2DS Crimson Red Console - $40 Clearance at Toys R Us

Thanks, but no luck in north DFW. Those original 2ds reds are all sold out already.

Last edited by a moderator:
My store doesn't even have handheld consoles on display. Just an empty end cabinet (go figure... genius) with a sign to ask an employee to purchase.

Not sure why you'd take them out a secure cabinet with a lock to store them somewhere leaving an empty cabinet... but if I had to guess it would take me at least 20 minutes to get an employee to find out if they had them, and then the frustration of explaining what red 2ds system I'm looking for, and then hope that I get an honest employee that reports back truthfully when he finds out they are $40

Trust me when I say it would take way too long to fake those pictures to offset any enjoyment I'd get out of a pitiful april fools joke. Again, its real, there probably just aren't many remaining in stock.

I picked one up at the minnetonka, mn location. They had 1 or 2 left after i purchased one. The guy was saying that the sign wasn't up earlier this morning, so it's possible that not all locations are advertising, but the base model with no games should be $39.98. However, i don't know if tru clearance is nationwide or regional.

I picked up 2 seaweed green (no mario kart, release version) for 34.99 each at big lots going to flip one to pay for both. Really a sleek system buttons feel so much better than my launch 3ds & so far not missing 3d at all.

p.s. April fools  :D/  :D/  :D/

I picked one up at the minnetonka, mn location. They had 1 or 2 left after i purchased one. The guy was saying that the sign wasn't up earlier this morning, so it's possible that not all locations are advertising, but the base model with no games should be $39.98. However, i don't know if tru clearance is nationwide or regional.
Ugh, kicking myself for not getting out to Minnetonka yesterday.

No more Crimson red ones, had them scan the last sea green one they had and it was also 39.98. They also had one black and blue model but that one rang up at 99.99. This was in Chicago NW Burbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed the last two red ones at Minnetonka. There was no sign for the sea green one, but probably worth checking as poster above said.

Grabbed the last two red ones at Minnetonka. There was no sign for the sea green one, but probably worth checking as poster above said.
Damn it, was in my way over there. Oh well, I have two New XL's already, I'd be buying it just to buy it at this point.

Damn it, was in my way over there. Oh well, I have two New XL's already, I'd be buying it just to buy it at this point.
I just hit the one in Maple Grove, didn't seem like they had any...they had A LOT of clearance games. Didn't have time to make a list, but snapped up Windwaker Wii U for $19.98, Tearaway for Vita at $2.98 and Soul Sacrifice for Vita for $2.98. Had a few other vita games, not much else for first party Nintendo stuff, but many offerings for Xbox One, 360, PS3, and PS4.

I just hit the one in Maple Grove, didn't seem like they had any...they had A LOT of clearance games. Didn't have time to make a list, but snapped up Windwaker Wii U for $19.98, Tearaway for Vita at $2.98 and Soul Sacrifice for Vita for $2.98. Had a few other vita games, not much else for first party Nintendo stuff, but many offerings for Xbox One, 360, PS3, and PS4.
Many MN CAGs xD

Did you have to check the price on the vita games or did it show the price on sticker?

Thanks peeps! Called around and specifically asked for the 2DS without Mario Kart and found a store (Millenia Mall) that had a few left for $39.99. managed to get one held for me till I could get in tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the notice. Anyone else see a bunch of cheap games on clearance at TRU? May be another one of their clearance events. I'd rather not run 20 miles each way to the closest store unless I knew something was going on.

Thanks for the notice. Anyone else see a bunch of cheap games on clearance at TRU? May be another one of their clearance events. I'd rather not run 20 miles each way to the closest store unless I knew something was going on.
Seemed isolated or like they were just beginning clearance get stuff out because the other two stores I went to had nothing along those lines or they didn't do a great job of making it apparent at least.

Looks like the green one is full price at my local tru and the red is on sale... I might bite even though I want green.

Got two red ones with Mario Kart price adjusted based on a signage error; used the discounted TRU gift card last week. Glad I was just browsing in the store for deals on cheap Legos :)

Has anyone seen the blue model for this price? Haven't seen anyone claim to have gotten that color yet.

The TRU I went to had the sign up, but only MK7 bundles were in stock. They went ahead and just gave me a red MK7 bundle for $40 so it all worked out.

I know this is a longshot, but if anyone can hook me up with one, I'll pay $45+tax+shipping. I'd really appreciate it. Seems like no Toys R Us in the Chicago-land area have either one. Thank you!

bread's done
Back