Best Buy DOTD: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour $19.99 ($15.99 GCU)

Ok guys if I have :xb1: The Golf Club already(digitally), is it worth getting Rory? I haven't played TGC yet. Should stick with that for whenever I want to play golf or get Rory and play that?

Dang that's a good deal. I really enjoyed this game. Not as good as Tiger on PS3 but still not a bad debut on the PS4.

"Bogey's party is just a lame excuse for all the idiots at our school to drink beer and rub up against each other in hopes of distracting themselves from the pathetic emptiness of their meaningless, consumer-driven lives."

IMG_3271.png

Last edited by a moderator:
"Rory McIlroy PGA Tour is a shallow, lifeless golf game--rich in technical failings but bankrupt of interesting content." - GameSpot

Sounds more like a double bogey.

While it is likely to go to EA Access soon, I'm going to grab it and backlog it while we wait.  45 day return policy on Elite Plus.

But who actually wants to move credit TO GameStop. That's bad life choices right there
GameStop is good if you know how to take advantage of their promos. No sales tax when I buy with trade credit in my area. I use it on non video game items or store exclusives. Plus I need to be spending more actual $ to Best Buy so I can work towards elite status for next year.

I had a $10 credit ready to be used too and I've been eyeing this game for a while. I've really enjoyed a couple golf games in the past so I pulled the trigger. Can't be too bad for the $6 I paid for it.

Please do not buy this game. I was very excited for this game, pre-ordered and paid full price. At this price I still can't recommend it. It's shallow, boring and a complete step backwards from the previous titles. If it were

I exercised restraint and held off on buying this.  That was a first.  I still need to play the BLOPS 3 in my backlog along with many others. 

Hence why he said "credit mover" rather than a flip.
that doesn't change the fact that you're still doing it for 1.81 LOL. if you have 15.99 for rorry ( oh plus tax in some states); to trade for 17.80 to gamestop; take the 15.99 plus tax and take it from your bestbuy pocket & put it in your gamestop pocket BOOM CREDIT MOVED lol.

that doesn't change the fact that you're still doing it for 1.81 LOL. if you have 15.99 for rorry ( oh plus tax in some states); to trade for 17.80 to gamestop; take the 15.99 plus tax and take it from your bestbuy pocket & put it in your gamestop pocket BOOM CREDIT MOVED lol.
See the post above you. It is more beneficial for some people to have credit at GS over BB.

Surprised this isn't free on EA Access yet.. I'll wait for that
Since this isn't going to be a yearly title (haven't heard otherwise), I doubt they are in a rush to offer it up for free. Looks like they will add golfers/courses as time goes on.

Obviously this game has its fair share of problems, but how is the local multiplayer? That's the only reason I would be picking this up. Had a bunch of fun with past titles.

Please do not buy this game. I was very excited for this game, pre-ordered and paid full price. At this price I still can't recommend it. It's shallow, boring and a complete step backwards from the previous titles. If it were <$10 I'd say go ahead but I still wouldn't expect anybody to sink any amount of time into the game without moving on to something else rather quickly. I had loads more fun with the unrealistic Powerstar Golf and even the realistically boring Golf Club is better.
Speaking of Powerstar, I wish that would go on sale. I've heard good things but don't think it's ever been below $15 on Live.

Speaking of Powerstar, I wish that would go on sale. I've heard good things but don't think it's ever been below $15 on Live.
I'm pretty positive it was $10 last week ,or the week before on XBL, maybe I'm wrong and it was only down to $15 though. I know it was also a gwg for a region outside of the US as well

Rory is 16.00 digitally on the MS Store through XB1 UI. For what it's worth anyway.

It would be bought with Best Buy credit, not cash, so they would buy it with Best Buy credit and trade it in for Gamestop credit. You can't use Best Buy credit at Gamestop so just putting it in your "Gamestop" pocket would not work

It would be bought with Best Buy credit, not cash, so they would buy it with Best Buy credit and trade it in for Gamestop credit. You can't use Best Buy credit at Gamestop so just putting it in your "Gamestop" pocket would not work
I cant believe Im having to explain this Im saying take your 17 dollars cash and just go spend it at gamestop instead of wasting your time Buying Rory for 15.99 plus tax or close to $17 and then taking your ass to gamestop for 17.80 in CREDIT JUST KEEP YOUR DAMN CASH. Jeez bunch of simple jacks here LOL.

I cant believe Im having to explain this Im saying take your 17 dollars cash and just go spend it at gamestop instead of wasting your time Buying Rory for 15.99 plus tax or close to $17 and then taking your ass to gamestop for 17.80 in CREDIT JUST KEEP YOUR DAMN CASH. Jeez bunch of simple jacks here LOL.
I can't tell if this is an amazing troll or you really are as dumb as the guy who lost his shit in the cesspool because someone didn't respond within the hour.

GameStop is good if you know how to take advantage of their promos. No sales tax when I buy with trade credit in my area. I use it on non video game items or store exclusives. Plus I need to be spending more actual $ to Best Buy so I can work towards elite status for next year.
If BB is around by then. They are going down and out fast.

bread's done
Back