Far Cry Primal - $44.99 @ Amazon/Best Buy (PS4/X1)

Anyone that's played it - is it worth it? I've never played a Far Cry game before...
I haven't played Primal yet, but I've heard mixed things about it. I kinda want to play it because it's got a Turok feel to it, and there really aren't any games out that are like it. I've also heard that a lot of people don't like it because they took away the Co-op that FC3 had.

It's most likely going to go down in the upcoming months because it's single player only. So IMO i'd wait a little.

Anyone that's played it - is it worth it? I've never played a Far Cry game before...
lots of complaints but people complained about all of them

all I know is I love far cry games and once it hits the 20s I'm going balls deep

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a great game especially if you love exploring the wild for supplies/beasts/invaders/secrets. I probably out in about twenty hours, and it's just great fun. I barely touched the story missions. Just been upgrading my stats/weapons. Hope that helps.

I plat'd it, it was ok. I thought Far Cry 4 was a lot better. Primal was fun for about 10 hours, but then it just got super repetitive just taking over camps, doing stupid pointless missions, and hunting for various animals. Combat was fun, and the pets were very cool. The main story line is abysmally bad, like your typical Ubisoft "designed by committee" game.

Overall I think there is basically one rule to Far Cry games: play only one every 3 years. If you haven't played a Far Cry game in a while, then yeah I guess its worth a try. Otherwise I'd rank them as FC3 > FC4 > Primal, haven't played 2 or dragon yet (yeah I know dragon is supposed to be awesome).

919689a4a12461046d04404575107bd3121e3ec78ea731ba2ed73467eab8ca96.jpg

I thought 4 was a less interesting try at redoing 3.
But it re-did 3 better in several ways -- clearing camps didn't wipe out 100% of the enemy presence (made the game boring later on), more side missions, elephants, gyrocopters, etc. The basic story and game play is about the same but I think 4 does it better.

I've played maybe 10 hours of Primal and it hasn't really grown on me but people's reactions seem to be a mixed bag. Still, I'd play 3 or 4 first. FC1 & FC2 are completely different games from a mechanics standpoint and can't really be compared. FC3, FC4 & FC:p are all very similar to one another in mechanics and game engine.

So worth it. Game was amazing.

However, there was a gamebreaking bug that kept me from taking out one of the main guys. Never could find a way around it. I'm sure that's been patched as I picked this up day one.

:/ I used to know a big girl. Like mammoth-sized big. We banged. She was on top. I screamed - a fAR cry thay was heard by peoplease 2 blocks away. My Johnson was my spear to slay the beast. So I'll pass. I lived far cry primal.

I really enjoyed this game but it definitely was not worth the $60 (before GCU) that I paid. I would wait for a $30 price point and then get it with GCU.

Somebody talk me out of this. I loved FC4 and I have BB certs burning a whole in my wallet, but I know it'll be $19.99 in two months...

Somebody talk me out of this. I loved FC4 and I have BB certs burning a whole in my wallet, but I know it'll be $19.99 in two months...
Just be patient. I'm in the same boat but I have a bunch of games in my backlog so that keeps me from making an impulse purchase. Show a little restraint and be a true CAG. By the time you get around to playing this it'll be $20 or less anyway.

I waited till the last minute trying to decide whether to pre-order or not. I looked at some early reviews and saw that they reused FC4's map. I'll buy it when it hits $20 pre-GCU. I loved FC3 and FC4 but I think this would have sold much better if it had a $39.99 MSRP at launch.

if you bought this standard version at launch (2/23) at best buy and are elite plus you can pm this game through friday and get $12 back (end of 45 day window)

i find a copy with the steelbook on Craigslist for 30 and it also had the code to

bread's done
Back