GameFly 1-month (2 games out) for $1 for previous members only. YMMV

Nothing for me. Shows 22.95 for 2-discs at a time. :(
You could always make a new account and get a free month, but you'll need to use a different shipping address. Can be the same card and billing address as on your original account but if you use the same shipping address they'll cancel it. But it's only 1 out at a time for the free trial for new accounts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing for me. Shows 22.95 for 2-discs at a time. :(
Says $15.95 for me when I click the link, thanks anyway.
Maybe try copying/pasting the link gamefly.com/#!/reactivation/offer/backforabuck?cid=dollar0316grid

The link was from an e-mail. Maybe CAG's referral redirecting could be screwing it up. The link should pop with a window to login with your old e-mail and password.

Maybe try copying/pasting the link gamefly.com/#!/reactivation/offer/backforabuck?cid=dollar0316grid

The link was from an e-mail. Maybe CAG's referral redirecting could be screwing it up. The link should pop with a window to login with your old e-mail and password.
Tried that and yeah, once I log in it pops up the 15.95 for one or 22.95 for two. Thanks for the heads-up though.

Gamefly starting to ship out games slow now. I signed up near the end of March. Shipped out my game after 2 days. Received it another 2 to 3 days. 2nd game shipped out after 6 days of signing up. Both of them are in High Availability.

Back then the games ship out within the same day I signed up. Gotten worse each year.

Gamefly starting to ship out games slow now. I signed up near the end of March. Shipped out my game after 2 days. Received it another 2 to 3 days. 2nd game shipped out after 6 days of signing up. Both of them are in High Availability.
Back then the games ship out within the same day I signed up. Gotten worse each year.
Might be because more people are going digital these days.

I got it to work, if you forgot your password and did a password reset log out of Gamelfy.com after you complete the password reset process. Then copy paste the link and log in again. The first time I tried it without logging out of Gamefly.com didn't work.

I've gotten the offer twice in the last month. They email you if you had an account, I don't know of any limitations, I assumed they were offered by username to old members, cool if it's a link for others.

The sad part is, as I get older, I don't want to let my old games go away. I still own all my music, and any video content I have backed up to a home server. 5 years ago I'd be all over this, but now I don't see music, movies, or games as disposable, rather great memories of a great time in my life

I signed up last friday for a 30 day free trial (again by simply making a new account and using a different shipping address) just to get and beat Quantum Break put it in my the same day hoping/expecting it to ship today or yesterday but no such luck it says low availabiity and it hasnt shipped. I asked gamefly about their process of ordering more of the same game but they do not so I have to wait for enough people to send it back to where I'm first in line to get it, probably end up doing the trial for nothing because it's the only game I want. 

You have to put new games into your queue way ahead of time. I've had division, far cry primal, quantum break shipped out without any problems... but I've also been a member based off the gift certificates. You put a new game into your queue just days before its release, you will most likely be shit out of luck. And after that first initial wave of rentals, it takes forever to get that game rented out.

I just completed this deal. Man what a horrible service. Discs took forever to ship out, forever to arrive, and forever to be returned.

I got an email like this last month and signed up last Sunday. Both games shipped out the next day, I got them on Thursday and played them over the weekend, then shipped them back Monday. My only regret is that I can't get another month for a dollar.

Yeah I can get most games cheaper with GCU now.
yea i had 5 gamefly bucks just expire cause nothing worth buying got anther 10 going bad next month..

only thing i can see using them on are

2nd copy of bravely second

langasser

or

stranger city

since theyexpire april 30

I signed up, but every game I have interest in is low availability. I'm remembering why I decided to cancel all those years ago. For a dollar.. no real loss.

I signed up last friday for a 30 day free trial (again by simply making a new account and using a different shipping address) just to get and beat Quantum Break put it in my the same day hoping/expecting it to ship today or yesterday but no such luck it says low availabiity and it hasnt shipped. I asked gamefly about their process of ordering more of the same game but they do not so I have to wait for enough people to send it back to where I'm first in line to get it, probably end up doing the trial for nothing because it's the only game I want.
I signed up March 29th and have yet to receive a game. The only games I want are Far Cry Primal and Quantum Break, both of which have been low availability. The old "trick" to getting a new release was to have it in your queue prior to the release date and having an open game spot. I guess that doesn't work, or didn't work for me anyway. Hopefully something ships soon.

I signed up March 29th and have yet to receive a game. The only games I want are Far Cry Primal and Quantum Break, both of which have been low availability. The old "trick" to getting a new release was to have it in your queue prior to the release date and having an open game spot. I guess that doesn't work, or didn't work for me anyway. Hopefully something ships soon.
The trick is that if you put it in your queue months ahead of release you were ahead of the people who added it days before release. So if other people had it on their lists and an open game slot they'd be ahead of you. It sucks but that's how it's always been.

Those are easily two of the most requested games. The only game that tops those is The Division. It's like if you used eHarmony and expected Scarlet Johansson. Gamefly is not that great for new games - try adding something less popular.

Gamefly is absolute garbage for me. I live within an hour away from the Tampa shipping center and it still takes 5-7 days to receive my games from the day they sent the "shipped" email. I know it's not the post office's fault on this either, since other mail gets received on time. I can hardly even recommend for a $1 with how terrible the experiences have been.

Quantum Break was the only game in the world I wanted to rent so since it was low availability aka low chance of ever getting it I just bought the game used for $45 on another site and cancelled the last 22 days. I can always resell the game if I want and get practically all my money back. 

$1 is actually a great deal if u just wanna rent within a month. Even if its 1 game. Some games ppl want to play and beat the game without buying it. I always choose the games which can be beat within around 12 hrs or less. Like those Call of Duty or Battlefield. I currently playing Transformers Devastation. Not a bad game but short. Good enough for me.

I wish this deal came out next month, as there are a ton of good games coming out then.

But thanks opening poster for the warning. At least I can rent a few games I missed this year like Far Cry or such.

$1 is actually a great deal if u just wanna rent within a month. Even if its 1 game. Some games ppl want to play and beat the game without buying it. I always choose the games which can be beat within around 12 hrs or less. Like those Call of Duty or Battlefield. I currently playing Transformers Devastation. Not a bad game but short. Good enough for me.
I agreed. signed up last night and RE Remake Collection is coming my way. replaying RE Remake is we'll worth the $1 even if I dont get to RE: 0 remake.

Here's hoping to getting FC: Primal.

I wish this deal came out next month, as there are a ton of good games coming out then.

But thanks opening poster for the warning. At least I can rent a few games I missed this year like Far Cry or such.
Actually I wish it came out next month so that all the hype on the games that came out recently would die down and we could get them easier.

I got that digimon game and AC: Syndicate cause I never finished it. For $1 I can't complain even though the games I really wanted weren't available.

:/ I tried game fly once and when I returned the games they spent like 2 months sending me "we didn't get the games back yet, you may be billed" warnings. Do they still do that? Is their return postage still the cheapest, slowest mail option possible?

Has anyone had a game supposedly shipped and then returned before even receiving it? I rented a Vita game, was waiting for it, and now it's returned. That's quick Gamefly service: it shipped out and was returned before I could even play it.

Has anyone had a game supposedly shipped and then returned before even receiving it? I rented a Vita game, was waiting for it, and now it's returned. That's quick Gamefly service: it shipped out and was returned before I could even play it.
Usually this means that there's a problem with the address you gave them. It's been marked as "undeliverable" by the PO and got sent back. Or... the USPS is just incompetent and sent it the wrong way at some point. Sadly, my money is on the USPS failing at doing their job right. Open a support ticket with Gamefly to make sure there's nothing wrong with the address on file and they should get the game back out ASAP.

bread's done
Back