Pre-Order available for Monster Hunter Cross Gear Grip for New 3DS LL/XL @ Play-Asia, $39.99

tonizzle

CAGiversary!
Play-Asia is accepting pre-orders for this rare grip that's still going for $100+ on Amazon.

Says in-stock 6/30/2016

Price: $39.99

http://www.play-asia.com/monster-hunter-cross-hunting-gear-for-new-3ds-ll/13/709c6f

monster-hunter-cross-hunting-gear-for-new-3ds-ll-435687.3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone here had the chance to try this in action? (The talk of it being on amazon for 100+ had me thinking there are some in the wild)

Can we confirm that the ZL/ZR buttons work for games that aren't Monster Hunter X/Generations? (I'm assuming it communicates the same way the original Circle Pad Pro did, so the 3DS shouldn't know the difference)

I'm definitely in for one, assuming that I can use it with MH4 or other titles that utilize ZL/ZR.

Has anyone here had the chance to try this in action? Can we confirm that the ZL/ZR buttons work for games that aren't Monster Hunter X/Generations? (I'm assuming it communicates the same way the original Circle Pad Pro did, so the 3DS shouldn't know the difference)
See, and here I was assuming that it just had contraptions inside to press the buttons already present rather than doing any extra communication.

This looks like something I'd want when playing Hyrule Warriors or Smash, but immediately hate once I remember the 3DS lives in my pocket.

If I had a New 3DS XL, I'd probably grab one... I own the original Monster Hunter 4 Hori CCP Grip and I'd never want to use my 3DS XL without it.

I don't EVER remember touching the l2/r2 buttons in the previous game on the N3DSXL... I thought they didn't even do anything besides lite targeting...

I imported this with my launch copy of MHX. It's a very comfortable N3DS grip, makes it feel like an actual controller. There is some play though, it's not as solid as like a CPP or Slide Pad on the old XL, probably because it doesn't lock in to anything.

You can slightly rock the 3DS at the ends. Not as bad as the cheap Chinese grip I had before. As far as the shoulder button action goes, It just physically presses the shoulder buttons, no ir stuff. ZL/ZR aren't very tactile and are on the sensitive side but overall it's very good, L/R feel great. 

$40 is on the high end considering I pre-ordered one for $20, but I guess it must have been a limited run or something. 

Will this work with the NA version 3DS XL? (US Version)
Of course. It's exactly the same form factor as the New 3DS LL in Japan. Or do you mean the "Old" 3DS XL? This is only for the "New" 3DS XL. Yes... Nintendo is really confusing when it comes to naming Consoles/Handhelds and it is really not to anyone's benefit. To be clear this grip is only for the New 3DS LL/XL (JP/US).

bread's done
Back