* * - - - 1 votes

New Trailer for Star Wars Rogue One movie

Star Wars

#1 bsmith  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 05:57 PM

What do you guys think? It is the story of how the rebels stole the death star plans. It comes out this December. 

#2 sainrub   CAGisdabomb! CAGiversary!   1453 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 07:17 PM

I gotta admit, those AT-AT's attacking that rebel base gave me some chills. Also looks like Forest Whitaker is bringing his Ghost Dog persona which is cool. Wonder if he is a Jedi outcast or what.

#3 sainrub   CAGisdabomb! CAGiversary!   1453 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 07:26 PM

#4 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12816 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:06 PM

Wasn't this the plot of Dark Forces? 

#5 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6854 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:02 PM

Many Bothans died to bring you this information.

#6 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17260 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:28 PM

Wasn't this the plot of Dark Forces? 

Yep

Honestly I don't think we need a backstory about how the rebels got the plans.  It's too bad that Star Wars Rebels fills the gap between Ep 3 and 4.  Looks very convincing though.

#7 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40091 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:29 PM

It has a better director than Force Awakens, so hopefully it turns out to be more new, less been there, done that.

#8 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17260 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:37 PM

I just don't get why a story about how the plans were stolen needed to be made into a prequel to episode 4.

#9 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40091 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:38 PM

I just don't get why a story about how the plans were stolen needed to be made into a prequel to episode 4.

$$$$$$$$$$$$

#10 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49877 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:42 AM

You really need to have someone spell this out for you?

#11 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6854 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2016 - 02:23 AM

After the BvS thread, are you really that surprised?:rofl:

#12 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 08 April 2016 - 02:20 PM

You guys act like this or the BvS thread is the first instance of ITDEFX being ITDEFX...

#13 Ilostmyemail   Banned Banned   171 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Ilostmyemail

Posted 08 April 2016 - 04:41 PM

A part of me thinks that Star Wars Empire at War and Battlefront 2 had some elements similar to what this is based on.

#14 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6854 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:00 PM

A part of me thinks that Star Wars Empire at War and Battlefront 2 had some elements similar to what this is based on.

I'm liking your post only because I love your sig gif. :lol:

#15 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17260 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:28 AM

Honestly if you think about it since it seems that SW: Rebels is considered *Cannon* , it could have been easy and cheaper to have an arc in the final episodes of season 3 (which is said to be the last one!) that could have told the story how the rebels stole the plans.

I really see no need for a Han Solo movie or a Fett movie.   We don't need the love story about how Solo met/freed Chewie. 

This movie feels like a high quality fan film though. 

Honestly yeah it's all about the money as we are getting towards the end of Marvel Cinematic Universe within the next 5 years and Disney needs another cash cow to keep it going.   I would NOT be surprised if we see two star wars type movies every year if this movie becomes a hit.

#16 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17260 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:23 PM

New Trailer!

#17 thenexus6   more human than human CAGiversary!   2223 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

thenexus6

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:35 PM

IMAX day one for me!

#18 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17260 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:02 PM

IMAX day one for me!

Yes, that and multiple viewings for me... TFA got 5 viewings out of me before I quit lol.   I couldn't beat my TPM 6 viewings.

I *might* wait until the second week to see it in IMAX..  I had to wait 90 minutes in line for the IMAX viewing (real IMAX not digital Imax)

#19 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17260 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:31 AM

http://io9.gizmodo.c...iler-1785233570

#20 detectiveconan16   Delicious! CAGiversary!   7125 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:14 AM

How much does he still hate Wombat?

#21 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17260 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:51 AM

international trailer!

http://www.comingsoo...-story#/slide/1

#22 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17260 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2016 - 02:40 AM

EPIC!

#23 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12816 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2016 - 03:41 PM

Where's the marketing been for this? I forgot it was coming out.

#24 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17260 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:17 AM

Where's the marketing been for this? I forgot it was coming out.

Wait what?  Are you kidding me?   Three Trailers, Rogue Friday, Toy displays at Target and Walmart and TRU.... have you been living in a cave on Dagobah? :P

#25 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12816 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:31 PM

Wait what?  Are you kidding me?   Three Trailers, Rogue Friday, Toy displays at Target and Walmart and TRU.... have you been living in a cave on Dagobah? :P

Unless all this stuff came out last week I've seen nothing outside the original trailer. There's been little to no buzz between my friends and co-workers. I seriously forgot this was a thing. I went to Target a couple weeks ago and strolled through the toy aisle and don't remember seeing any Rouge One stuff. Then again my Target here in Dagobah hasn't even put up Christmas stuff yet.

#26 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6854 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:39 PM

Saw it this afternoon and the movie looks great. It has a VERY different tone from the rest of the series and while the story has been told before, this is a pretty fresh take and ties everything together nicely albeit fanservice-y. I can wait to see the sequel! :D

#27 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40091 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:03 PM

I saw it yesterday and definitely enjoyed it more than Force Awakens. Didn't seem like it was going out of its way to reference the original trilogy the way Force Awakens constantly did. For the most part cameos and references didn't feel out of place (aside from a couple).

#28 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14295 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:08 PM

I love Star Wars but this film was pretty awful. Not sure how it's getting the reviews it is, other than paid/blind fans. Jyn is a vehicle for the story and a terribly written character. I couldn't muster the care for her all the way through the film and hilarious as it sounds, the droid K2 had more life than her. The action is where it's at, but it honestly breaks down each time you move on from a battle, trudging on through a point A to point B movie. That's really what holds it back, is that this story was already set in stone given the preceding movies so much so that you can't really enjoy the journey as you already know the ending. Sadly, my main attraction, the battle for Scarif, was a huge letdown for me as a fan of war machines as well.

Overall, I asked myself the question whether I'd ever wish to view Rogue One again and the answer was an easy "no".

#29 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6854 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:26 PM

I saw it yesterday and definitely enjoyed it more than Force Awakens. Didn't seem like it was going out of its way to reference the original trilogy the way Force Awakens constantly did. For the most part cameos and references didn't feel out of place (aside from a couple).

Totally agree.

I love Star Wars but this film was pretty awful. Not sure how it's getting the reviews it is, other than paid/blind fans. Jyn is a vehicle for the story and a terribly written character. I couldn't muster the care for her all the way through the film and hilarious as it sounds, the droid K2 had more life than her. The action is where it's at, but it honestly breaks down each time you move on from a battle, trudging on through a point A to point B movie. That's really what holds it back, is that this story was already set in stone given the preceding movies so much so that you can't really enjoy the journey as you already know the ending. Sadly, my main attraction, the battle for Scarif, was a huge letdown for me as a fan of war machines as well.

Overall, I asked myself the question whether I'd ever wish to view Rogue One again and the answer was an easy "no".

I didn't care much for her either and yeah, K2 was my favorite rogue as well. Like you said though, the action is where this movie shines and it's what made it enjoyable for me. The sets were amazing and I loved how everything wasn't clean and sterile like in TFA. The corridor scene was pretty decent, but I think it missed the true menace of the character. Comics did it a lot better.

#30 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6440 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:19 PM

The beginning was pretty boring but the best part would have to be at the end when it was all action. The action part are definitely the strong point of the movie.