Star Wars Battlefront - PS4 for $24.99 (US Only)

But the game barely has one DLC out, the GOTY might be like 8 months to a year out??

Well it's not like the game is amazing anyway.

I'm tempted to get it digitally and just sell my physical copy, maybe.

I will be waiting for the 10 dollar physical

that's all shooting at bots in a campaignless game (built on the backs great campaigns in earlier installments) is worth to me

I'd say it's well worth the purchase for $25 or $20 if you do gamefly. I bought it on launch and don't regret it at all. All the problems the game had at launch have pretty much been fixed and the changes and additions they've made to the game have been pretty great. I've already got about 65-70 hours in and I definitely will be putting more time in and I'm still just playing the base game. At the rate they're going however you'll be waiting a long time for a complete edition. Expansion pack 1 just launched and it seems like it's going to be quite some time before ee even get information about the last one. They've said there will be content that ties in with rogue one which means it'll be around December when that content will launch so you're looking at sometime next year. I admit I've not yet picked up the season pass but once it sees a sale or price drop I definitely will be buying it. It's not the best multiplayer fps ever but it's still pretty damn great.

Once overwatch launches though then it'll be interesting to see which fps I play more of...

They've said there will be content that ties in with rogue one which means it'll be around December when that content will launch so you're looking at sometime next year.
EA has made no mention of Rogue One content. This Summer is Bespin DLC, Fall is Death Star, and early 2017 is Expansion #4 which they have not shared details about. If you want to read between the lines, the EA social media channels are quick to dismiss and prequel or Force Awakens material, but when asked about Rogue One they don't specifically rule it out and instead point to their "Road Ahead" blog post:

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/star-wars-battlefront-the-road-ahead

EA has also sad it would be "difficult" to do Rogue One content: http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/article/star-wars-battlefront-dlc-news-ea-exec-talks-about-possibility-of-rogue-one-expansion-pack-in-2017/38186.htm

^Of course this could be reverse psychology as to not spoil a big Rogue One reveal, but further points towards no commitment to R1 content at this time.

I'd say it's well worth the purchase for $25 or $20 if you do gamefly. I bought it on launch and don't regret it at all. All the problems the game had at launch have pretty much been fixed...

They didn't and won't be fixing the biggest problem though, no campaign. :(

EA has made no mention of Rogue One content. This Summer is Bespin DLC, Fall is Death Star, and early 2017 is Expansion #4 which they have not shared details about. If you want to read between the lines, the EA social media channels are quick to dismiss and prequel or Force Awakens material, but when asked about Rogue One they don't specifically rule it out and instead point to their "Road Ahead" blog post:

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/star-wars-battlefront-the-road-ahead

EA has also sad it would be "difficult" to do Rogue One content: http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/article/star-wars-battlefront-dlc-news-ea-exec-talks-about-possibility-of-rogue-one-expansion-pack-in-2017/38186.htm

^Of course this could be reverse psychology as to not spoil a big Rogue One reveal, but further points towards no commitment to R1 content at this time.
The fact that they haven't posted anything about DLC 4 though, it's launch timing and the fact that they aren't dismissing the idea of Rogue One Content just leads me to believe it will be some kind of tie in. I feel like it just makes sense. Again that's not to say it is the case, maybe they honestly just don't know what to make the last DLC be about but I have a strong feeling it'll be related to R1.

They didn't and won't be fixing the biggest problem though, no campaign. :(
This is true. I was way more upset about this though when the game was announced and when it first launched. They've done a real good job at making it a solid multiplayer game and I've been enjoying it immensely that way. I'd absolutely love a campaign but at this point I'm getting enough enjoyment out of it being MP only.

The fact that they haven't posted anything about DLC 4 though, it's launch timing and the fact that they aren't dismissing the idea of Rogue One Content just leads me to believe it will be some kind of tie in. I feel like it just makes sense. Again that's not to say it is the case, maybe they honestly just don't know what to make the last DLC be about but I have a strong feeling it'll be related to R1.

This is true. I was way more upset about this though when the game was announced and when it first launched. They've done a real good job at making it a solid multiplayer game and I've been enjoying it immensely that way. I'd absolutely love a campaign but at this point I'm getting enough enjoyment out of it being MP only.
I really wanted to, but I tried renting it from RedBox about a month ago and just didn't enjoy it. I'll have to hold out for a SP one in the future at this point.

When they have Donnie Yen DLC, I'll buy the game.
That was pretty awesome to see Donnie Yen in the trailer. I don't know if you watch the Angry Joe show, but he does Trailer reactions and he got excited when he saw the cast.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back