PDP - Fight Pad for Nintendo Wii U - $10 at BB

No local pickup options for me, shipping ($6.99 !!) + tax brings it to almost $20, so it's a pass for me.  Thanks for the heads up though.

I am super OCD about taking care of my things. I don't understand how people get their controllers dirty, sticky, or have broken buttons. Rant over.

This brings me to the PDP controllers. They are absolutely beautiful. I originally wanted to collect them all. I own Samus, Link, & Yoshi.

Unfortunately, these were the first controllers in my life to break. I've gamed since the days of NES and have never experienced a controller as bad as these. Two of my three controllers have broken only after a few weeks of use. My Samus controller's joysticks have popped out of their weak sockets. Causing them to dangle in a circular motion. My Yoshi controller is starting to go down that path with the joysticks being loose. Again, I take very special care of all my things. But get them for the looks, cause one day it will break down.

Oh I thought it was a mat you could put on the floor to fight someone on. "Fight pad" is misleading.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up one of each even though it's super lame how you have to plug it in a Wii mote which I have exactly zero of. I guess now I'll be on the lookout for a good deal on those.

I am super OCD about taking care of my things. I don't understand how people get their controllers dirty, sticky, or have broken buttons. Rant over.
Me too. I clean my controllers after using and put them in organized drawers lol

Being very OCD makes me about as fun as a colonoscopy but hey everything looks clean and stays in excellent condition!

These controllers can be used like any other Wii Classic controller, right?
yeah. honestly, i was contemplating getting a set of these when they were $15 so I'd have 4 controllers for Smash/MK8/Virtual Console, but then a punch of Classic Controller Pros just turned up at my local Target for $10 so I got a bunch of those instead.

These controllers are awful!

Just spend $10 more for the authentic Gamecube controller.
It says that thing requires an adapter... so is it ACTUALLY a gamecube controller, that would plug into a gamecube by default rather than the Wii-U? That is an odd marketing ploy by Nintendo to say the least. Bizarre, even. Selling a controller that doesn't even work with the intended system out of the box.

Ironically, if it's an actual Gamecube controller I might have some use for it... as in...actually using it as a Gamecube controller (my old one is toast, and I wanted to play some Gamecube). Bet Nintendo never saw that coming LOL.

You understand it doesn't work with any Wii U game except Super Smash Bros U, right? And again, it needs an adapter. It's not like a regular GameCube controller that is compatible with Wii games on the original Wii
But isn't it exactly a regular GameCube controller that is compatible with Wii games on the original Wii and also GameCube games on GameCubes or Wiis

I read the last bullet point of the Features & details section and it does in fact plug into the classic controller slot.

"Compatible with Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro supported titles and most Nintendo Virtual Console titles"

Last edited by a moderator:
I read the last bullet point of the Features & details section and it does in fact plug into the classic controller slot.

"Compatible with Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro supported titles and most Nintendo Virtual Console titles"
We were speaking about a different controller that was suggested

No not for wii u
I was just mentioning that the actual GameCube controller may cost more (and require an adapter) but it works on a GameCube or GameCube games on a Wii. So while it's stupid that it's only for one game on wiiu it's cool to get new actual GameCube controllers.

Now I'm realizing I could use a second classic controller for Mario party 2

Sorry for the late reply, new user and couldn't post for a few days...

Anyways, I bought the green Zelda controller a few months ago when it just started getting clearanced ~$19.  Bought a second chrome Mario when it hit $10.

For me and the 5yo son, worth it for $10.  We bought genuine Pro controller soon after Wii U purchase, these PDP do not stack up but its also 1/5th price now.  Main usage goes to Smash, Disney Infinity, Skylanders, DK Topical, and Mario Kart 8.  No quality issues with either controller yet.

Pros:  Cheap.  Works well for us on most games, we only have 1 so far it doesn't work with.

Cons:  The ZR/ZL "triggers" are not pressure sensitive, so some games requires a full press of the button to properly function-this is my sons biggest issue.

As noted, you will need an original Wii Mote, so take that into consideration as well.  The cord is about 2' long so we usually have the WiiMote sitting in our laps.

The button layout is a little awkward for us, we are used to the Pro/GamePad button layouts.  (If your looking for a GameCube like controller this could be a PRO for you).

bread's done
Back