Why Does UPS Give USPS There Package To Drop Off There Package When they can Do it There Self

S

starmask2k3

Everytime i buy something it gets shipped out by UPS they can never drop off there package it makes no sense because i see UPS drivers go by my street all the time and then i will have to wait the next day today i'm off work and i should of gotten it today but i have to wait till tomorrow to get it and i work tomorrow 

Last edited:
Everytime i buy something it gets shipped out by UPS they can never drop off there package it makes no sense because i see UPS drivers go by my street all the time and then i will have to wait the next day today i'm off work and i should of gotten it today but i have to wait till tomorrow to get it and i work tomorrow
It's because the shipping service the retailer used was UPS Mail Innovations or "Sure Post". It's the cheapest option offered by UPS and is a hybrid of UPS ----> USPS.

You see, in a nutshell, the government decided that USPS can't earn a profit. However, UPS ONLY wants to handle profitable deliveries. The same with FedEx so that's why both created a contract with USPS where there unprofitable deliveries will be handed off to USPS at a sort facility or local post office to be resorted and delivered.

This happens in a lot of rural areas and nearly all the time with FedEx Smart Post and UPS Sure Post shipping methods. Occasionally my UPS driver will deliver Sure Post mail IF and ONLY IF he already has UPS packages scheduled to deliver to me on that same day.

UPS Mail Innovations is cheaper than UPS Ground, so some shippers use that to save money.  As stated by GBAStar, they deliver it to the USPS office and they deliver the package the last mile.

bread's done
Back