Dark Souls III - PC for $49.43 - Last Chance to Pre-Order

Of what?

Every time this site or G2A comes up, people say stuff like this, and then never prove why
I'll leave any moral aspect out of this. They don't get their keys from the source, and accept money BEFORE having the product. There is a lot of room for error through their supply chain, and on a site that has you pay extra for consumer rights, I don't trust them with that. I am willing to occasionally buy from sites like those for already released products, but I'll personally NEVER give them my money for a product they themselves aren't 100% sure they'll receive.

Hopefully that's a succinct response for anyone out of the know.

I can vouch for CDKeys as well; bought JC3 key months ago for $23 just before it released. ;)

What people do complain about is that these are largely bought as gray market (at least that's what I believe they're called) where games are bought for cheap in other markets and resold. There's a moral dilemma that people try to push but business is business. If you use paypal, there's zero risk involved and my key was delivered in less than 15 minutes from what I recall in the past. You guys can buy in confidence because if they don't deliver, you can always file a claim through paypal to get it back.

I can vouch for CDKeys as well; bought JC3 key months ago for $23 just before it released. ;)

What people do complain about is that these are largely bought as gray market (at least that's what I believe they're called) where games are bought for cheap in other markets and resold. There's a moral dilemma that people try to push but business is business. If you use paypal, there's zero risk involved and my key was delivered in less than 15 minutes from what I recall in the past. You guys can buy in confidence because if they don't deliver, you can always file a claim through paypal to get it back.
There's potential that the keys could get deactivated by Valve at request of the publisher at a much later date if it ends up the keys were sourced from an especially shady source (ie stolen credit cards involved etc). It's exceedingly rare that it happens but has happened a couple of times in the past with grey market sites.

That said, if someone's okay with the shady moral aspect of it, most likely nothing bad will happen or if it did it would be right away when you can dispute.

I'll leave any moral aspect out of this. They don't get their keys from the source, and accept money BEFORE having the product. There is a lot of room for error through their supply chain, and on a site that has you pay extra for consumer rights, I don't trust them with that. I am willing to occasionally buy from sites like those for already released products, but I'll personally NEVER give them my money for a product they themselves aren't 100% sure they'll receive.

Hopefully that's a succinct response for anyone out of the know.
Bolded, Best Buy does this too, go ahead and Google all the lack of supply for collectors editions they never fulfill and the cancelled orders. Target does this when you preorder. Gamestop does too. I guess you're limited to Amazon for your purchases.

There's potential that the keys could get deactivated by Valve at request of the publisher at a much later date if it ends up the keys were sourced from an especially shady source (ie stolen credit cards involved etc). It's exceedingly rare that it happens but has happened a couple of times in the past with grey market sites.

That said, if someone's okay with the shady moral aspect of it, most likely nothing bad will happen or if it did it would be right away when you can dispute.
I'd love for you to prove this. It's exactly what I mean by no proof.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, I had FarCry 4 key bought from CDKeys deactivated after the fact. CDKeys would neither offer me a refund nor would they give me a replacement key.

They won't get a cent from me and not knowing if the developers even get a chunk of my purchase kind of sucks.

Yup, I had FarCry 4 key bought from CDKeys deactivated after the fact. CDKeys would neither offer me a refund nor would they give me a replacement key.

They won't get a cent from me and not knowing if the developers even get a chunk of my purchase kind of sucks.
You should have contacted them or Paypal, both would get your money back for you. Just like ebay and CAG, there is a section of these sites(cdkeys doesnt have it tho) that users can sell items on and there's a potential for fraud. G2a and Kinguin sent refunds on a case-by-case basis because of the seller who used a stolen credit card.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/01/27/ubisoft-says-deactivated-far-cry-keys-purchased-with-stolen-credit-card.aspx

Did both. First requested a refund straight from CDKeys. They denied me.

I then opened up a Paypal dispute and was denied a second time. Paypal sided with them because of the very nature of one-use keys, refunds cannot be processed.

So I found an easy solution: I don't shop there and I try to persuade others to do the same.

You can get it cheaper, anyway, on Gamesplanet. And they are 100% confirmed to be a legitimate seller.

Did both. First requested a refund straight from CDKeys. They denied me.

I then opened up a Paypal dispute and was denied a second time. Paypal sided with them because of the very nature of one-use keys, refunds cannot be processed.

So I found an easy solution: I don't shop there and I try to persuade others to do the same.

You can get it cheaper, anyway, on Gamesplanet. And they are 100% confirmed to be a legitimate seller.
I have nothing against CDKeys or G2A but I have to agree that Gamesplanet is preferable. Currently Dark Souls is at $45 and they are 100% legit, buying direct from the publishers and making it very clear if the code is not approved for use in some countries. On CDKeys and G2A the publisher is usually getting screwed because codes are being resold from low price markets, and they have to choose whether to just accept being cheated or else piss off a lot of customers by inactivating codes.

WARNING:

THIS GAME STILL HAS FRAMERATE ISSUES

The latest patch (1.03) has improved some of it, but it is still a struggle to get through some parts. Wait for the game to be 100% working before giving them your money.

Bolded, Best Buy does this too, go ahead and Google all the lack of supply for collectors editions they never fulfill and the cancelled orders. Target does this when you preorder. Gamestop does too. I guess you're limited to Amazon for your purchases.

I can tell you're searching to argue about this since your argument was so weak, so this is gonna be the last response. The key part of me not being okay with it is that they don't come from the proper source. And again, these key sites charge you extra for the "luxury" of a refund if you never get what you paid for. I do not fully trust them to be responsible and refund in the event of them not getting the keys they expected. And uh....you can't compare companies getting products from the single proper channel to the companies getting products from some other unidentifiable source. When I buy from any retail store, I know that in the event of an issue, I'll be issued a refund, not to mention that the issue can be pinpointed on a specific entity.

The only actual proof I have along the lines of what I said was with sniper elite 3. Turns out the keys were fraudulently acquired and all the keys from there were deactivated. I don't believe a refund was issued, but I could be wrong. Feel free to google it, I believe it involved G2A.

If what I've said doesn't give you reason enough to be cautious of them, maybe you don't know what cautious means? I buy from those sites on occasion, but I will never pre-order something from them due to the nature of their business model, and I don't think I'd spend more than $30 at one of those sites just to play it safe.

I can tell you're searching to argue about this since your argument was so weak, so this is gonna be the last response. The key part of me not being okay with it is that they don't come from the proper source. And again, these key sites charge you extra for the "luxury" of a refund if you never get what you paid for. I do not fully trust them to be responsible and refund in the event of them not getting the keys they expected. And uh....you can't compare companies getting products from the single proper channel to the companies getting products from some other unidentifiable source. When I buy from any retail store, I know that in the event of an issue, I'll be issued a refund, not to mention that the issue can be pinpointed on a specific entity.

The only actual proof I have along the lines of what I said was with sniper elite 3. Turns out the keys were fraudulently acquired and all the keys from there were deactivated. I don't believe a refund was issued, but I could be wrong. Feel free to google it, I believe it involved G2A.

If what I've said doesn't give you reason enough to be cautious of them, maybe you don't know what cautious means? I buy from those sites on occasion, but I will never pre-order something from them due to the nature of their business model, and I don't think I'd spend more than $30 at one of those sites just to play it safe.
And again, liked I said in a previous post, you likely purchased it from a third party seller on the site, no different than buying from someone on CAG's trading part of the forum, or off ebay (which ebay doesnt protect the seller btw). Cdkeys in particular doesn't have the "luxury" you keep talking about, thats G2A protecting buyers from fraudulent sellers. Paypal already has it covered, but they offer it for like a $1. If you don't want to spend that dollar, go spend $35 more directly from Steam. That's the great thing about the market.

I believe you about the Sniper Elite 3 issue, but I can't find an article referencing it, any chance you could link me? I only see ubisoft issues, and ubisoft had issues of random games disappearing off uplay even before these grey market sites appeared.

The guy with the paypal problem seems to have something else going on entirely, maybe he's asked for too many refunds, or has some other issue with his account. Paypal always backs the buyer from these sites. I had a seller from G2a(notice I said seller and not G2A specifically) give me the wrong code for a game I bought, it was for something else entirely, the seller refused to refund or give me a different key, Paypal took care of the problem.

My whole point of my argument, is that internet rumors get spread quickly, and many of these sites refunded their customers directly.

Of what?
Every time this site or G2A comes up, people say stuff like this, and then never prove why
You never will find proof beyond what a random person on the internet has to say. And you'll see a lot of people routinely say "moral" a lot as if to say they are somehow personally knowledgeable about them and denounce their evil ways. It's just a knee jerk reaction to cdkeys to bash them for no reason at all. They just sell Russian keys usually, I bought them plenty of times and never had an issue. But for most people say cdkeys is bad is equal to Americans mindlessly saying "support the troops".

Amusing to see the same people who talk bad about them are the same people who will buy something on a glitch to trade it in for extra credit, or pre order something to return it and keep the pre order bonus item, or buy a game to play for a bit and return it as a rental and so on.

Amusing to see the same people who talk bad about them are the same people who will buy something on a glitch to trade it in for extra credit, or pre order something to return it and keep the pre order bonus item, or buy a game to play for a bit and return it as a rental and so on.
Why is that amusing? Most people who say to avoid grey market sites are talking about the potential of getting a key revoked or other financial issue, not "Oh, it's so morally wrong!" The moral argument is a straw man people use to defend those sites.

Anyway, it's $48 from GMG without the whole CDKeys debate so whatever.

Why is that amusing? Most people who say to avoid grey market sites are talking about the potential of getting a key revoked or other financial issue, not "Oh, it's so morally wrong!" The moral argument is a straw man people use to defend those sites.

Anyway, it's $48 from GMG without the whole CDKeys debate so whatever.
GMG keys do not come from the publisher, its says so right on the front.

In a thread that is arguing about grey market, its laughable you bring up GMG as a legit source. I bought DS3 from there, they didnt have keys until a few hours prior to launch. Every other site had keys as soon as preload happened, and had codes for the namco site for bonuses, GMG didnt.

The irnony of citing GMG as legit whereas cdkeys is not is amusing. GMG are as much grey market as the rest.

The irnony of citing GMG as legit whereas cdkeys is not is amusing. GMG are as much grey market as the rest.
Even if you believe this, it's still cheaper at GMG so... why are you throwing a fit about wanting to pay more from your grey market place than saving money at the other grey market place?

"Amusing" is right :lol:

WARNING:

THIS GAME STILL HAS FRAMERATE ISSUES

The latest patch (1.03) has improved some of it, but it is still a struggle to get through some parts. Wait for the game to be 100% working before giving them your money.
None on my end so far besides the occassional drop when looting an item or rolling thru boxes.....

Even if you believe this, it's still cheaper at GMG so... why are you throwing a fit about wanting to pay more from your grey market place than saving money at the other grey market place?

"Amusing" is right :lol:
Umm, gameplanet was cheaper than GMG, with more included in the price. In fact, GMG ended up having the worst deal out of the third party sellers, as they stopped the vouchers working (at first only on the deluxe, then they pulled it form every version). Keys took the longest too.

If anyone is still on the fence on this one, GMG has it for $48 and topcashback gives 5% CB, so total is $45.59, better deal for a legit key

Well I obviously didn't read the posts above, but don't forget the extra CB

Who the fuck cares what you think of the website? A random kid telling me I don't have proof enough not to trust that these keys weren't stolen isn't going to make me shell out $50 just to find out. (There, I put it in bold for you)

You sound like a key reseller who has stake in these websites and what people think of them. Otherwise, why the hell are you arguing so much about what other people think of a third-party key reselling website? THEY ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO SELL THESE KEYS, END OF fuckING STORY. Hey guys, I know of this really great Russian vitamin website that totally won't give you iron poisoning if you're interested. Please don't mind the affiliate link.

Also, there was a glitch for Dark Souls III CE on Steam in South America yesterday for $0.79. Why not just go to the Steam trading cesspool where South Americans are selling gift copies of a better version for $20-30? Sure, it's region-restricted, and you have to use a VPN to activate the gift, but HEY IT'S MUCH CHEAPER AND YOU'RE ALREADY IN THE GRAY MARKET!

If anyone is still on the fence on this one, GMG has it for $48 and topcashback gives 5% CB, so total is $45.59, better deal for a legit key

Well I obviously didn't read the posts above, but don't forget the extra CB
For this game, GMG is also not getting their keys from the publisher. People have different qualifications for "legit", so I wanted to make that clear.

bread's done
Back